Who is Mason???

• Hello all,

For the last 4 years I was going nuts trying to figure out if the universe was going to bless me with a second child. I kept getting the name Mason every time I turned around; it was everywhere. I thought for sure I would end up having a baby boy and I wanted to name him Mason. Well on January 15, 2012 I gave birth to a second child but we were shocked to see it was a baby girl! I was so so so sure it was going to be a boy (no ultrasound). So I am just dying to know who this Mason is? I am 41 now and we are not planning on having any more children. Anyone out there with psychic ability I welcome your impressions.

Kelly in Delaware

• Hi - first, congratulations on the birth of your daughter! What struck me when I read your question was, why would you assume that Mason is only a boy's name? Obviously you gave your daughter a different name but ... wouldn't it have been ok to name her Mason? (I guess you didn't think so or you would have done that.)

The other thought I have is, perhaps this is going to be someone significant in her life - either a first or a last name. I would just keep it in mind as her life unfolds and see what comes up in the future.

By the way, good choice not to have ultrasound - there is considerable evidence that there is a connection between prenatal ultrasounds and the development of autism.

All the best to you and your family ~ Clouise

• Thank you so much for your input :). I am typing on my phone right now so I will keep this short. Always knew Mason was a boy/male spirit. We named our baby girl Bridget finally after about 5days. -more later

• anyone else have thoughts?