Possible psychic medium?

• Hi! I was hoping someone could help me with a couple of questions.

I am a Scorpio woman. I come from a long line of mediums, gypsies, and empaths. I myself am an intuitive empath... albeit not at my full potential right now.

Anyways, I have never, that I know of, been a medium or communicated with anyone that has passed. A recent tragedy that happened last week has made me question this.

A young man, 34, from our small community was killed in a rollover car crash after he was ejected. My husband was his best friend. He was with this man before the crash and then was the one to find him afterwards. The cause of the crash is still being investigated.

Ok, being an empath, I feel other people's feelings, whether I want to or not. I've struggled with this my whole life and try to avoid situtations where I will get overwhelmed as I am still learning to build my wall.

Since the accident, especially when I am alone and thinking about this man and the tragedy, I start to feel overwhelmed, anxious, a little nauseous, and stressed. It takes a while for me to calm myself down. I've been trying to use nature as my grounding to calm myself. So, I've essentially decided that these feelings were not only grief but also my empath abilities in full swing.

However, this is where I get confused. Yesterday, I was with this man's parents at my work (I work for a lawyer). In the 15 minutes they were around me, I started to feel extremely tense. Right before they left and for awhile afterwards, I started to feel extremely nauseous and had a heavy feeling on my chest. I also felt the same later in the evening after I was talking to my husband about his friend. My husband left shortly after the conversation and the feelings became stronger.

What is causing this? I've never felt this intense feeling before. I personally was not very close with this man, but when I am around people who were, it is almost as if I am feeling him and it is overwhelming. Is this normal? Is this what a medium feels when they are in contact with someone who has passed? Or is this my empath on high alert?

I'm confused and was hoping someone could help me find some answers as to why I am getting this physical feeling and how to understand what is going on.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

• GOTNOTYME4PLAY

I'm clairvoyant but not a medium. Reading what you are going through I get the sense that you are either feeling how this man that died felt before he passed. Was his chest crushed? Or you are being overwhelmed with anixiety brought on through fear of where your thougths are taking you because of the investigation.

You can pray and ask that these feelings be removed or lessen to where you can cope with them on a healthier level, also pray and ask Why you are receiving these feelings and what they mean to you ?I'm empatic too and I agree it can be overwhelming if I don't stop the flow of emotions that come from events in my life.

Ask Arch Angel Michael to come and be with you at this time to guard you from negative feelings and words. Drink calming teas to help also.

Shuabby

• Hi there, I am a medium and I agree with Shuabby, you might be feeling his chest being crushed, however you should be able to shake the feeling easily enough and that is the difference between empathic and medium, the medium sightings can easily be turned off and the empathic ones can leave you in a mess for days. Having said that there is a lot of grey area between the two. He was your husband's best friend, I am wondering if you are picking up your husband's feelings. He must be devastated. Why don't you find a quiet spot, close your eyes, concentrate on your third eye and ask your friend to come forward? A friend's son threw himself under a train and I connected with his spirit and visually jumped under that train with him. I have been a medium for about a year and a half now but I do not practise much, enough, it takes a lot of energy but it isa rewarding way to help people in grief.

xxxxPaddi

• Because your husband was so close to the situation (before and after) you're feeling energy from everyone, parents, husband and friend. I feel this will be intense probably for a month--probably longer. My sister visited me after passing and was with me for about a month.

• Thank you so much for the comments and help. I have not intentionally avoided this thread. I was honestly worried what everyone's insight might be. After reading Shuabby's reply... I had to take a few days to process what she said and make sense of what I was feeling.

Here's what I've come up with.... I don't know the exact injuries as I am still too afraid to ask. But... The night after the accident, I prayed and asked to know what happened. At one point... I felt this crushing feeling at the bottom of my sternum that stretched from one side of my abdomen to the other. It was hard to breathe and I tried to disconnect myself by changing my thoughts and thinking of something else.

All other events I've explained the best I can above. I've been intentionally blocking... So I haven't felt the same intense feelings since my original post. I can still get the nauseous feeling... But I'm trying to be more aware of when I get it. I feel particularly uneasily when I have to personally draw up the legal papers for the estate. If drawn up many estate documents... But these are different.

I think everyone is right. I am overwhelmed with outside feelings. Paddifluff is right I think in that I am absorbing my husband's and his friend's parents feelings. I'll be quite honest.... That sucked... But I don't know how to tone it down to avoid my physical feelings.

Being an empath has never been much fun for me.... But this tragedy has definitely showed me that I need to learn better skills to cope. I'd like to talk more with the ones that commented if I can.

Thank you everyone that helped me understand! I can't express enough in words how much it helps. I'm not scared to be a medium... But i'll just stick with being an empath for now. 🙂