Should I take this short-term job and leave kids?

• I hope someone out there doesn't mind doing a reading for me about my job situation. Thank you so much if you can!! 🙂

I am mostly a stay at home mom, but also occasionally work as a self-employed consultant. I love it but it's difficult to find work that can be done locally or from home. Last summer, for the first time, I took an out-of-town job. I was gone about 2 months, coming home every other weekend. I've been home now for 6 months and have been asked to go do another similar job. I am torn over whether I should take the job or turn it down. Am I chasing after a career that I wasn't even meant to do? If this isn't my 'path' I'm supposed to take, then I don't mind letting it go. I love it tremendously though and want to do it but feel terrible at the thought of leaving my kids again. My middle child is the only one that I'm worried about leaving. Is his separation anxiety just a normal phase or did I cause that and do I need to stay home (possibly sacrificing future offers)?? We could really use the money that the job would bring too. 😞

My DOB if needed: 11/11/77

• How old are your kids?

• 2, 4, & 12

• Well it is a choice and when we make choices we have to live with the consequences which our choice cause. Your use of the word sacrifice stands out, do you really consider staying with your children a sacrifice? Are your kids well looked after when you are gone?

Me, I have 4 kids, 3,5,7,8 and I am a stay at home mum and I work from home as a translator. I would hate to not be here for them but I know that if I had to I would go out to work.

Stay true to yourself when you make the decision and youshould be fine. maybe someone else can help more.

xPaddi

• I meant I would possibly sacrifice a career. Sacrifices do hurt, you know...even when it's the right thing to do. Otherwise, it's not really a sacrifice. If I take this job, then I can make a year's salary in 2 months and then be home 24/7 the other 10 months. I am so torn about it because I care about them so much. I didn't plan on having kids or even being a sahm, but life happened and I'm trying hard to do the right things. I miss working. And don't even pretend that being a stay at home mom is 100% bliss.

Yes, they would be taken care of by my husband/their dad and grandparents when he is working.