Gemini woman and Capricorn man... love at first sight!

• Hi, I met what I believe is my soulmate almost 1 and 1/2 years ago. He asked me to spend my life with him that very week. There have been many obstacles, and he says he can't wait to see my face last thing at night, and first thing in the morning, yet we are still not living together.

His birthday is January 7 and mine is May 21. I know he loves me madly and I him, but what's up with him not commiting to living together?

• First of all....hi fellow May 21st...its my birth date too!!

Have you actually sat down and made arrangements to live together? Has he given you any valid reasons for not wanting to live together or get married?

You need to really talk about your future together....but you may need to start the ball rolling...

• He has talked about living together, but then when I started talking about it he told me I was talking a lot about it. He went through a horrible divorce, and has a special needs son that lives with him every other weekend.

He LOVES his waterfront apartment, and it would be too small for me to move in. So, I don't know if he's afraid, or kinda likes it the way it is now. He did just go through a heart attack and a quintuple bypass, so it's not that I expect immediate decisions, but I want to spend the rest of my life with him, together.

• He has got a lot on his plate!!!! I think in this instance you'll need to curb your impatience and chill out a bit. (Yeah it'll be difficult). Enjoy each and every moment together, perhaps drop the subject of living together for a while, concentrate on deepening your relationship and he will mention it again when he feels ready to. Perhaps look out for a slightly larger waterfront apt...and cheekily suggest that would be an ideal place for your lovenest!!....if he backs away & tells you that you're talking a lot about it ...reply that, yes you are because you absolutely love and adore him (& his son) and you really want to be with him...and ask him what he is afraid of?

• rnrchick,

Thanks for your input.

I am going away to see my sister in Scotland for two and a half weeks. They say absence makes the heart stronger. I went away last year for 10 days, and he cried when I came home and asked me to never leave again. But I have gone through some major changes in my life in the last few years, and I need this getaway. He understands this, and is supporting me.

Thanks again for your point of view. It's hard to step away sometimes and perceive things from a distance.

• I think that time away will do you good to think & reflect....and also should do yr man good too. All the best for the future.

• I stumbled onto this thread and wondered if it is too late to put in my two cents?

Anyhow, I was wondering if you two were still together because from my astrology analysis, the outlook is not good. The stars say this relationship works best as friendship, worst as love. Priscilla and Elvis Presley had the same combination and it did not end well for them with their marriage wrecked by substance abuse and infidelity.

This relationship can explore the far reaches of thought and fantasy, but will also ground itself in the here and now. It will need to have enough sense to build itself around a practical endeavour in which both partners feel fulfilled in their work. Without this basis, you are likely to drift apart, or sometimes to try and escape from the demands of daily life altogether. This relationship has an air of unreality. You Barbaralee can be swept away by the relationship's fancifulness. You are on the flighty side to begin with and the illusions spun here may be too much for you to withstand. Your friend on the other hand is always serious and usually laden with responsibilities and will initially be liberated by the matchup's imaginitiveness, but may later try to exert control. You Barbaralee will bear the brunt of the relationship's shapelessness.

Charming and piquant, as a love affair this relationship is at first the very essence of romance. Yet it is eventually likely to become secretive and to exhibit neurotic symptoms of anxiety and worry. Marriage needs to have very good grounding influences indeed to succeed but usually doesn't have them provided by either partner. The best bet is probably friendship, which will feature a never-ending stream of ideas for things to do, both intellectual and physical. Such friends may well travel, exercise and work together. Good feelings, affection and gift-giving are present in the friendship but will soon disappear if things get more serious.

• Hi, Captain!

I am still with him, it is coming on 2 years this month. I know that he loves me and I him. In the 2 years we have been together, there has only been a few times that we haven't spoken on the phone on his way to work. He talks to me for the 15 minute ride on the way to work and several times during the day. We also email each other.

There have been many obstacles in our paths. We are best friends and lovers.

You said you came to your conclusion with astrology...don't you need to know our times of birth, place of birth and birthdates?

I appreciate your input, I sincerely hope you are wrong. It would hurt too much to just remain friends if we split up.

• Captain,

If you read this thread, I would really like to talk to you more in depth about this.

Barbara

• Yes, if you give me the birthyears, I can look into your personalities in more detail.

• Hi Captain,

My birthday is 5/21/51 and Stevens is 1/07/52. Don't know if you need it, but I was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota at 9:27 A.M. and Steven in New Bedford, Massachusetts at 6:35.A.M.

I really appreciate you doing this. I find it fascinating.

Barbara

• Barbralee, I am afraid that once you two marry, your friend will become more controlling and you will hate that. At the moment, your independent streak is not being threatened because your friend has other responsibilities and is too disracted to focus entirely on you. I am afraid that what you want - more closeness and sharing - will be the very thing that drives you apart.

Barbralee, many people see you as mysterious or a dreamer and can't quite figure you out. You can be somewhat guarded, self-pitying, or mistrustful after some bad experiences in hurtful relationships. You have much self-awareness, personal depth, and quality of soul. You are looking for a person, cause, principle or deity to devote yourself to. Once you do, you will spend the rest of your life giving yourself to your personal divinity. You are no stranger to sacrifice but you need to be still long enough to settle on what it is you love. There is a tendency to tie yourself down completely to just one quest or cause, blindly devoting youself without carefully examining what it is you really want. You might play games sometimes with people or refuse to take life seriously enough until losses or upheavals bring you up short. You strive to be the centre of attention, though a healthy dose of observation, contemplation and discrimination would stand you in better stead. Don't allow yourself to be distracted from what is truly important by that which is merely available. You have a great capacity for intimacy and lavish affection and desperately crave a return of that affection and emotional support. Your high standards can bring you frustration and impatience when things don't happen when you want or the way you want. You tend to idealise people (and jobs and places) and then when you get to know them better, you are disappointed because nothing and no one can ever meet your expectations. Hypersensitive to criticism because you're so critical of yourself, you don't listen well to feedback or advice and you make the same mistakes over and over again. You usually have a healthy constitution and, if you do become ill, you heal quickly. Rather than looking for the perfect diet or health routine, you would benefit from yoga, martial arts, dance or similar that requires a process of improvement over time.

Steven has a secret need to connect with his psychic intuition or spirituality but should not be ashamed of his sensitive, metaphysical or spiritual side. Holding on to the hurts of the past makes him only too ready to remain on guard with others, fearing betrayal. He can also be prickly, secretive and non-sharing. His mistrust of others means he prefers solitude to being with people and desires a great deal of privacy and independence. He does seek a connection to a special partner but trust issues get in the way. It might take some time for this resilient and resourceful man to release himself from emotional issues that have been standing in the way of real growth for a long time. He has had few intimate relationships in his life, and he may have become quite dependent on those relationships, maybe even becoming possessive or jealous, prompting painful lessons in nonattachment. Ironically, though unable to understand himself, he has the ability to see what is going on inside others, including what they are feeling and why, and what is motivating them. Extremely career and success-oriented, there is the danger of him becoming a workaholic, with work being the ideal excuse for escaping deeper or more intimate relationships. His admirable capacity for work will do much to support his many career aspirations, though he tends to be too modest when it comes to garnering appreciation for his efforts. Being a workaholic however and closing off his heart can lead to serious health problems. Being in nature, meditation and opening up with his feelings are all healthy activities for him.

• Captain,

All I can say is wow! You were right on, on so many levels. We both have issues, but he is the kindest, most loving man I have ever met. We enjoy each other so much, and he is so loving and affectionate. I adore him and he shows me so much love and affection. I just think his ex-wife took a toll, as did my ex. We have a lot in common.

I do have a lot of issues, and I guess you could also say the same about him. But I love him in a way that I have never loved before. And I know he truly loves me. His ex caused him to have a heart attack during a confrontation. He had a 5 bypass surgery.

I would like to know more about you, if you don't mind. You are good, very good. Maybe I can help you in return in some way for your help in this matter.

Thanks,

Barbara

• Barbaralee, I am a single woman, never married, no children, have had eleven cats in my life - I am a Taurus/Pisces with a 33 lifepath, and I live in Sydney Australia. I am out of work at the moment, having lost my job last year due to the financial crisis. Still it gives me the time I need to do readings here and to do what I love best - write. I have a children's book doing the rounds of the publishers as I write this. I have learnt everything I know about astrology and numerology from books and I used to give free psychic readings on an internet site that is now closed down.

• This post is deleted!

• Captain. I apologize for not getting back to you before now. Somehow, even though I was checking my sites, I missed your reply.

I am sorry to hear that you are unemployed for so long. I know how difficult it is. It sounds like you are taking positive steps and using the time wisely. I had considered writing children's books myself. I am an artist at heart, jack of all trades, master of none.

I wish you a wonderful weekend and good luck with your ventures.

Barbara

• Good luck to you too. 🙂

• Captain,

Would you mind telling me your name? I would like it very much if you would keep me informed as to your book, and your work situation.

I have one more question for you...your reading on me was pretty right on, and I am really in a bad place right now, trying to find work. Do you see things getting better soon, and what should I be doing to help the situation? I have been really fighting the worst depression I have ever had, and some days really feel hopeless. I do need to have a cause, a reason to exist.

Please do keep me informed about your book. I have a love for an artform that I thought would be my future. It helped me through some difficult times.

Thanks again for everything. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Barbara

• Captain,

I have been reading some of your posts, and I believe you are truly gifted.

If you don't mind, I have a question for you. Should I give up on unemployment and take my life savings towards going to school for medical assisting. I would be very curious as to your feelings on this matter.

You were right in that when I get into something, I usually give 100%. It is very hard for me to not get into with all heart and soul.

I realize from your readings that you don't forsee a future with my love. Aren't all things possible with a pure heart? And can you tell me about Steven's health?

Hope all is well with you.

Barbara