Rider Waite Tarot: consciousness & subconsciousness

• Hello everyone,

I'm a new member.... First, I have to tell you that I am not fluent in English ; I mainly speak French. I'll try to be as clear as possible! 🙂

I'm going through a very difficult time in my life. To make it short, I failed a crucial exam in June 2011, and I was forced to leave the program and the university where I was studying.. 😢

So, few days ago, someone made a draw for me. It was supposed to reveal what my consciousness & subconsciousness had to say to me. Somehow, I did not agree with the person who read the cards. She made it look more negative than I felt it was, especially the consciousness and subconsciousness cards. But since I don't know anything about tarot, I would like to have other opinions on that draw.

Consciousness card: Hermit

Subconsciousness card: Queen of pentacles

Future (if I finally get rid of my "internal" issues) : Ten of Cups

To me, that draw seems incredibly positive. With the Hermit, we can see that I spend time for introspection. I don't think that many negative comments can be said about the Ten of Cups. So what about the Queen of Pentacles? Is it good or bad? What does it reveal? I'm not sure to understand the meaning of this queen.

I need to change my life. I'm really scared of the future, and I feel that no matter what I do and how I do it, I always, always fail. Nothing goes the way I would like to. I'm becoming very exhausting.... 😢

Can someone help me understand that draw?

Thank you everyone for your understanding

• up...

any help??

(And none of these cards was reversed)

• Just a little visual support...

• Hi niniii,

First of all, your English is fantastic 🙂

Your conscious mind is seeking answers from your recent personal experience - seeking truth and wisdom and the way forward possibly from others who you feel are more wise and can offer both understanding and advice.

Your subconscious tells you the shelter and comfort you seek can be found within. This Queen is both warm, generous and kind as well as sensible, practical and down to earth. She is a great business manager - detail oriented and organized, straightforward, and shrewd with money concerns.She is confident and self-assured. Not sure what area you were studying in school, but this tells me you should be looking to do something where you are the leader as you have the ability to see what needs to be done and then manage your resources in order to get it done. You are sensible, practical and very capable!

Your outcome card is about emotional and personal fulfillment. There is a sense of fulfillment and joy in life and love here. It suggests not only abundance in love, but stability, security and contentment. It is the happily ever after card - the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Hope this helps you,

Watergirl

• Thank you, Watergirl!

When I was much more younger, I usually figured amongst the leaders. Today, things changed. I'm less confident and I no longer feel comfortable in the leader position. Is it saying that I should let my subconsciouss express through my consciousness?

For the hermit, you're totally right. I'm looking for advice and help from people who have more experience than me.

The ten of cups seems unattainable! Too beautiful to be real! I have no clue on how I will reach that ultimate goal, but it gives a little bit of hope!

I really appreciate your interpretation, but it would be interesting to get other point of views...

Thank you everyone

• Ninii, honestly, I don't understand how this reading could be interpreted in a negative way. The Hermit clearly indicates introspection, wisdom, looking for a deeper meaning in life. The Queen of Pentacles means that deep down you are an earthy, warm, nurturing, practical, successful woman - you possess all these qualities, whether you know it or not. And the combination of these two powerful influences can't fail you - your future looks bright indeed !

So the best thing you can do for yourself is to spend some quiet time thinking things through (Hermit), brainstorm the situation, make a good, practical plan of action and work hard on your goals (Queen of Pentacles) . This way the positive outcome is assured ! Bon courage et bonne chance !

• Thank you Voply!!

I don't understand either how this reading (I thought we say "draw"! sorry) could be bad. She saw the Queen of Pentacles as a morose woman who is not able to see all the things that she already possesses.

I have been spending so much time by myself already.. I think that the Hermit is a very slow card... : / It is just that I don't see opportunities right now. If I had something to hold on, I will surely feel better.

Your french is pretty good! Merci beaucoup pour tes voeux! 😉

• De rien, niniii. 🙂 The opportunities will appear when you start focusing on your assets.