This Particular Scorpio & Cancer Relationship

• Hello people,

I've just registered after finding myself reading topics on this website on a few occasions.

Thought I'd ask you kind people what you think of my current situation. 🙂

I'm a Scorpio male (Nov 12th 1987) and my now ex-girlfriend of 2 years is a cancerian (15th July 1981)

We split on January 2nd.

Her reasons for the split were the fact that when we go out together we don't have fun and enjoy ourselves, we don't relax and have a laugh.

We're too alike, both introverted so we don't bring each other out of our shell's and comfort zones in order to do new things.

We don't yet live together (were both still at home) and that was something that bothered her, she saw it as a sign that after 2 years we still don't live together. Although...she is a part time student so money isn't great and also I was under the impression that she wanted to finish university first (she finishes in April)

Anyway...We're sorting our belongings out currently, and I'm going over to her's at the weekend to give her the last of her stuff and vice versa.

I just want to ask you guys why you think we don't relax when were out? I'm a serious Scorpio if course, but I think thats not the whole case. I feel slightly self conscious around her because I think I'm still in awe of her to be honest and i don't want to say or do something wrong! I think I wanted to just loose myself in love and stopped thinking about enjoying myself. Our companionship is brilliant there's not a problem there at all, we both really get each other she has said this too.

She basically had shut down for the last month or two and I had noticed this, but didn't bring it up! Once again...too worried! She was moody a lot of the time, stopped being affectionate and in general she wasn't making much of an effort. She was trying to push me away, because I think she had made her mind up.

I'll have to stop rambling on for now, but basically I still feel we can work on this but I'm giving her the time and space I think she needs. In the mean time, I'm going to concentrate on myself and get the old me back.

• Hi MrScorp, welcome to the site! Unfortunately, a lot of people like you have the problem with the Cancerian 'come-on-very-strong-then-just-as-quickly-back-off-when-their-ideal-of-the-impossibly-perfect-partner-turns-out-to-be-only-human-after-all' love behaviour. There are many MANY other posts here from people who have been hit by that same Crabby attitude. And the crabs rarely change their minds once they have written you off.

From your astrological profiles, I see that your relationship is better and easier for friendship than for love. It tends to favour rationality and discourages excessive emotion. Thus, though you are both watery emotional signs, your relationship is quite practical. Your love affair can be earthy and sensuous but it may lack fiery passion. Since both of you will rarely compromise yourselves or undermine your own best interests, if either of you becomes dependent or needy, the end may well be near. Though you may not realize you are being possessive, MrScorp, your girlfriend may become fed up with your claiming or clinging behaviour, or feel that you aren't pulling your weight in the relationship. She may even come to see you as selfish, bossy or boring. If your relationship is to work, it needs to share more exciting experiences involving a little risk or adventure.

• Hi Captain, thanks and thanks for the reply. 🙂

Yes, it's been so sudden! I seem to be a friend already!

The thing is, she would make a really good friend, I know that. Probably one of the best friends I could ever have, but I don't think I can turn my feelings to 'friendship' from such an intense love.

She is in my heart and I think she always will be.

You are right, I am possessive without noticing it. Boring has also been said to me before! It takes me a while to build up courage to do things and she didn't want to lead on that side of things and it's fair enough. Not very lady like I don't think, being old fashioned about it.

With the risk and adventure...she was willing to buy a house and 'go for it' and I was being mr sensible and thinking about all eventualities when it could have been the best thing for us.

I am hurting, I have good days and bad days but I cant seem to be 'devastated' because I love her so much (if that makes sense) it's like she's a part of my life and I'm happy because of it.

• If you want her to remain a part of your life, you may have to accept friendship as the only alternative - except for never seeing her again..

• Yeah I think I'm slowly realising this. I understand that cancer's do 'write off' certain people, for relationship material, and it's for their own protection and no doubt some of it is to protect me in this instance. What makes it so hard is that I'm obviously attracted to her physically but she really is a beautiful woman on the inside too, even the negative sides to cancer's I can feel I relate to.

What would be my best match do you think Captain, without going to any trouble, if that's possible?

Please excuse my ignorance! 🙂

• MrScorp, your best matches were born -

LOVE AFFAIR

• Pisces/Aries (week of March 19 - March 24)

• Aries (week of April 11 - April 18)

• Gemini (week of June 3 - June 10)

• Gemini/Cancer (week of June 19 - June 24)

• Cancer (week of July 3 - July 10)

• Libra (week of October 3 - October 10)

• Scorpio (week of November 12 - November 18)

• Sagittarius (week of December 3 - December 10)

• Capricorn/Aquarius (week of January 17 - January 22: more romance than deep love)

MARRIAGE

• Taurus/Gemini (week of May 19 - May 24)

• Gemini (week of June 11 - June 18)

• Leo (week of July 26 - August 2)

• Virgo/Libra (week of August 26 - September 2; and also weeks of September 11 - October 2)

• Scorpio (week of November 3 - November 11)

• Sagittarius/Capricorn (weeks of December 11 - December 25)

• Aquarius/Pisces (week of February 16 - February 22)

FRIENDSHIP

• Aries (week of April 3 - April 10)

• Aries/Taurus (week of April 19 - April 24)

• Gemini (week of May 25 - June 2)

• Cancer (week of July 11 - July 18)

• Leo (week of August 3 - August 10)

• Leo/Virgo (week of August 19 - August 25)

• Virgo (week of September 3 - September 10)

• Libra/Scorpio (week of October 19 - October 25)

• Scorpio/Sagittarius (week of November 19 - November 24)

• Capricorn (week of December 26 - January 2)

• Aquarius (week of January 31 - February 7)

• Pisces (week of February 23 - March 2; and also week of March 11 - March 18)

• Wow! Thanks for that captain! How do you calculate that?

Quite a comprehensive list there. I'll definitely refer back to it. 🙂

I am a bit surprised that there's no cancerian in the marriage list?! I know it seems typical for me to bring it up, but it's supposed to be one of the best matches.

• When astrologers give basic compatibility, they are only generalizing based on your sun sign. This list is also astrologically based but it is more tuned to your specific personality and exact birthday..

• Right. Ok, my best mate's birthday is 22nd November.

Just seems strange that having such a harmony with my ex, doesn't put them in the marriage list.

• But it was only a temporary harmony, wasn't it? It didn't last. I am talking about permanent compatibility.

• Yeah true, but I'm surprised that some notorious 'bad matches' are in the list of marriage. My knowledge of compatability isn't the best however.

• The difference is in the exact birthdate. For example, though you and another Scorpio may share some similar characteristics, you will also differ in some ways (unless you share the exact same birthdate, down to birthtime and place). So you cannot just uniformly say that all Cancers and Scorpios for example will get on, when there can be so many different variations of the one sign.