Trouble sleeping..

• Hello hoping someone can help me..

I have been having such a hard time sleeping for some time now. Lately this has really taken a toll on me as I am always tired and restless. Does anyone have any tips on what I can do in my bedroom to help me sleep? I have tried to declutter my bedroom make it more inviting, got new bedding, took out my television and still nothing has worked I stay up until 3 a.m which is normal for me but lately 3 am turns into 5 or 6 am sometimes in tears of how tired I am any tips are appreciated thanks!

• I am feeling you don't get enough oxygen when you are asleep, maybe sleep apnea or maybe you just need to open a window?

• Well from a fengshui point I would ask if there is flowing water close to your room as in water pipes or maybe under the floor, because one of my girls has that problem in one of our bedrooms and she cannot sleep in there. And I cannot sleep properly in an overheated room, lack of oxygen like TheCaptain says. Or too much on your mind and for that you need a relax routine before bedtime.

Good luck nothing worse than a bad night's sleep for nights on end.

xPaddifluff

• TG, I use to have severe sleeping problems, which in my case was connected to anxiety. Try to take action to resolve whatever you are anxious about, if that's your case as well. Another suggestion - don't force yourself to sleep. If you can't fall asleep, get up and reed, or get some work done, or whatever, and don't sleep during the next day. Sure, it will be a difficult day to get through, but the next night you'll get a good night of sleep, most likely. Also you could go to see the psychiatrist, so that he could prescribe you some light antidepressants to take before the bed time for few months to normalise your sleeping pattern. That can help.

• Dear Taurusgirly

Try drinking a cup of warm milk and 6 pieces of almond an hour or half an hour before going to bed.

when in bed try to relax and dont think I cant sleep again. Just relax and try to forget your worries.

• Dear Taurusgirly

IT HAS TO BE NON-FAT MILK. If you dont have any worries try counting backwards or think of a blank black wall.

• Thank You guys for all the suggestions..

Captain- I never open my window I left it open all day today to get some fresh air in there and although it is too cold to sleep with it open maybe I will leave my bedroom door open so air is coming in. The problem is not so much when I am asleep it is actually falling asleep that I am having trouble with.

VoplySoply- Anxiety can be a big factor things are all a mess and have been for a while I am seeing someone for it and they have given me medication both for anxiety and sleeping but I do not take it since I don't want to become dependent on sleeping aids. I did try it once and slept for 13 hours felt worse the next day.

I will definitely ask about water pipes and will try the warm milk before bed time. At this point anything to help the cause thanks again guys... I am off to do some exercise maybe that will help tonight..

TG

• Taurusgirly, it's a vicious cycle - the more you lose sleep, the more you cannot sleep in the nights following.

• If it gets really bad, you might try a sleep clinic for help. Thye can monitor you during the night to see if you sleep well or are bothered by something.

• Captain, yes I agree it is a cycle, I need structure and to regulate my bed time get back in a pattern of going to bed and waking up at the same. I will think about a sleep clinic never thought about that...

• try some sleepytime tea make sure it has valerain in the tea. the one that I use has the valerain, & chamomile. and dont add sugar to it.

• Healer Louise Hay says "In the evening, just before sleep, go through the day, blessing and being grateful for each experience. Forgive yourself if you feel you've made a mistake or said something inappropriate or made a decision that was not the best. This exercise will help you drift off to sleep like a happy baby."

• Shadowmist I have tried every tea imaginable doesn't work I think my brain takes over unfortunately!

Captain that made me smile felt at ease just reading it 😉

Thanks again for all the suggestions I had read somewhere that the position of your furniture in your room or where the window and head of the bed are positioned can help is anyone familiar with any of this?

• According to the principles of feng shui, the best position for your bed is the area furthest from the door or diagonally from the door, but not in line with the door. In other words, you want to be able to see the door while in bed, but not be aligned with the door. The other feng shui criteria for a good bed placement are:

Good supporting wall behind your bed.

Grounding and balanced energy on both sides (e.g. nightstands.)

No sharp angles (from wall or furniture corners) pointing at you while you sleep.

It is always smart to position your bed away from the walls that have electric appliances on either side (the computer, the fridge, or the TV.) And, of course, it is best feng shui to limit (or completely eliminate) the electrical appliances in your bedroom. Do not make your bedroom your study or work room, either, as it will keep your mind turned on when it should be shutting down for sleep.