Was I right to turn down this blogging deal?

• Hello,

So I write a blog on manners that I really enjoy, and it's been gaining popularity slowly but surely. There are high stats.

I recently got an email offer from a woman named Marian D. She keeps on trying to give me a business offer with links to help me increase my relevancy on Google.

After corresponding with her for a bit, I told her that I was no longer interested. She seemed to avoid all of my questions and kept on pressing me to publish an article linking to her, one that was irrelevant to my blog. I just told her that I'm not interested and she just sent me another email, with the article she wants me to publish, asking me to post it, saying that she's waiting for my positive reply.

I feel that she is dishonest... or at the very least, unprofessional. That's just my intuition.

Am I right? Am I right in feeling that she's not a person to work with, that she's not of great character, and that working with her will hurt me in the long run (or at least not have any benefit)?

• I had a tutor once and he told me..if your gut is telling not to do the deal. Just don't do it..because your gut isn't going to lie to you.

If this woman's article is unrelevant to your blog then don't give her the free ride. The content and the image of your blog is something you define you yourself. If you go and stick on a bunch of stuff that just makes it ugly or not interesting ..I as a reader won't be coming back.

Always remember WHY you start an endevour and what your vision is/was and stick to it as much as possible.

So you can write her a "positive note" telling her that it would be not in her best interest to be published or linked on your site. And that you are convinced that it will work for her elsewhere. Wish her all the best for 2012 and then block her email adress or IP.

Good luck,

Flow

• PS. People in business that starts out like a nuance is not good for business in the long run.

• Thank you, Flowsco. I was definitely not considering publishing her article when it wasn't true to my vision... I am referring more to if I should have told her the problems and worked with her to improve it instead of just shooting it down.

• No, unless what your blogging about is about coaching or anything in that area.

I will tell you why. If her intent were good and/or communication skills were as such she would have responded to your questions since I think they were reasonable since she approached you.

The key is the interaction in the beginning has to be near to flawless even if you have questions of your own.

If she took the time to understand where you are coming from with your queries and at least answer one or two and create a dialogue then I in your shoes would consider explaining.

Even in linking/publishing other people stuff eats up energy and here the balance wasn't there.

Flow.

• Hello Flow,

Thank you for your reply. I think that you are definitely right. Her email was in my Spam box which already made me a bit cautious from the beginning, the reason why I replied and gave her a chance was because her website and Linken seemed professional.

I guess some people are willing to put in the money to appear professional for the sake of a scam.

Best Wishes,

Nina

• You are very welcome Nina.

Always follow your heart and listen to your guts when it comes to your business/blog. The rest will fall into place.

Websites doesn't mean much it's the person behind it is what matters. 😉

Best wishes,

Flow.