Signs of love from beyond

• I don't know how he did it but I trust that he passed peacefully. My brother died today.

This all started with emergency aneurysm surgery on Monday and surgery every day since to keep his body going. About 6 15 my sister and mom woke up to a happy tune. It had kind of a small bell tinkle. They looked around for something that made that sound and found nothing. I woke up and thought my alarm had gone off and didn't associate it with anything special except my alarm wasn't on I was just awake. . The physicians were in to see my brother about that time also and discussed stopping treatment. (according to the nurse)

This morning the physicians told us it is time to let him go This was to happen as soon as mom and dad arrived. He was gone almost immediately without a last fighting effort.

Imagine our surprise when there was an email to our personal email from his personal email that had a special message to each person. For example my nephew who had not slept in 5 days got a message "now you can sleep, sleep well my son" They were all signed xyz which we take to mean at the end.The messages disappeared from the computer after printing.. This is a great comfort to the family.as it confirms his soul lives on

I am so ready to be done with 2011. Too many tears this year. I think I truly have cried a river . On the other hand I have seen things that I never have seen before.

Blessings to all of you in this New Year

• Abetterplace....I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know what else to say except I'm sorry. I am glad you were able to find comfort in his final emails to you all. What a great gift from your brother. I suspect he will continue to find ways to comfort you in this time. I have a close friend that lost her son this year and he continues to reappear in various ways, messages, coincidences, dreams. I fully believe that our loved ones are with us after they pass. Blessings to you in the New Year...

Love and light...Aunt B

• So sorry for your loss! your right that hes still with you,will never be seperated in the spiritual sense, what your describing is one of those amazing things that will make you laugh and cry at the same time, you miss him, but you know he has found peace, yet will always be with your family as well, I have these "moments" with my grandmother all the time:) they never fail to amaze me, or remind me that she's truly visiting my place, checking things out:) I still feel all her love but the absence of her pain and the worrying she did in life.

• My father passed the 16th of December. Leaving behind 5 adult daughters. I have not dreamt of my father in a long time. This morning, I dreamt he was a sleep in our old house we all grew up in. One of my nieces were on the phone in a hall way. My Dad suddenly and quickly got up from the bed . He was panicked that he had to do something. I was telling him to rest ,take it easy. All will be ok.

I dont get along well with my sisters.. The youngest of us needs finacial help. Dad left money in a trust to my Mom. We all feel the yougest sister should recieve the bulk of the money. For many reasons I cant list here. (bless her heart). Anyways, Second oldest sister has power of attorny. her husband just had to have both legs amputated about three days ago. Very sick man. She is so stressed out. She is the only one who can get the money to Mom and baby sister from attorny. Its a big mess with probate I guess. Maybe thats why my Dad could not rest in this dream? I dont know. I love my Dad. i told him when I woke up that all will be ok. he needs to rest. I hope he heard me. I pray for my family to find peace. Money is not important here to me. I just want my sister taken care of. . She has a mental disability. . God help us

• Im so sorry for your loss abetterplace , im so glad that you found comfort in the emails . My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time .

Love and hugs Loap

• Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. Funeral will delayed because of lake effect snow. Winter did finally come.

Hermither It is strange how they get a message to us. U agree he is probably worried about your youngest sister but all will work out in the end. I am not psychic but I feel the older sisters will help the youngest until the money is freed up from the estate.

Perhaps there is a message to all of you to get your estate in order so you don't have money worries from the other side. Your advice to him was valid. Rest everything will be OK.

I am so sorry for your loss. He will live on through your memories and your sisters. What a lucky man to have had all girls 🙂

• abetterplace,

re-reading your post again, the line from Its a Wonderful Life came to me...

"every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings"

How sweet a way to reach you.

The emails experience is so inspirationaland awesome!!!...thank you for sharing, and for directing me here.

Much love to you and your family, thank you for the love and light that you share.

Loap, so good to see you here.Much love to you.

bluecat, thank you for your insight and experience.

Hermither, am sorry for the pain of losing your father.

abetterplace,thank you again for your presence and sharing with the outpouring of love and understanding you possess. You have given me a wonderful blessing of strengthening faith and hope in what lies beyond, and that our loved ones are near.

• Oh abetterplace I have just read your post, so sorry for your loss, I hope you are holding up okay

xxxPaddi

• I am so sorry about the loss of yourbrother, abetterplace, my prayers are with you and your family. how wonderful he sent one last message to you and your family that you will get to keep and cherish!!!

• hermither i am also so sorry for your loss. things will work out the way they are meant to. Your sister has a lot on her plate with her husband is there any way to transfer the power of attorney maybe this was your dad's way of asking for help

• Down hwere in Louisiana, we have what is called a "a Second Line". When the procession leaves the cemetary and get about a block away, a jazz band begins to play and people dance in the streets.

What is going on is that we are celebrating a life rather than mourning a death. We accept that the soul is immortal. Only the body dies. So, let us all rejoice in your brothers higher level of life. He has gone home again.

Yes you miss him but, it is true that time is a great healer.

• I grew up in Chicago and remember funerals as part mourning but then a hall was rented and yes there was food drinks and music and one huge party----I remember this being something celebrated by the Irish and Polish and Serbians. They weren't the usual somber get togethers at the families home but almost like a wedding reception----laughter---dancing and lots of story sharing about the departed. I miss those traditions. I think it's a reminder that one cannot taste the joy without the pain of loss--they go hand and hand---and it reminds us life IS short and you can't stop deatht but you sure can do some living. It was always a joke that a good Irish funeral went on for days or until the drinks ran out! I think it helps release something of that pain--to howl with laughter--dance like a fool and feel the LOVE.

• We had the party the day B4 the service. In a rather non traditional manner we all met at his sons house and everyone who came was to bring things that reminded them Dave. We had pictures, plaques, tickets to events, peanut butter and M&M's, as he thought that was the perfect food, stuff he had saved from high school and college, cards he had saved etc. We ended up making story boards while reliving the moments. There were many boards by the end of the evening including one that was " as seen on TV" with pictures of him and the weird stuff he purchased from the infomercials.

There was only a few hours of visitation, the service was short and there was no casket just the story boards. The children re-enjoyed the stories about papa while we had his party.

All in all a rather good day.

• {{{{{{{{{abetterplace}}}}}}}}}}}}

• that is a wonderful way to celebrate life I really like how the irish have a wake they eat & drink & dance it is also a wonderful way that the people in Lousiana celebrate a life dancing in the streets blessing to all