Feeling a connection- desire advice/opinions about this.

• Hi all! I'm new and I have a story that has driven me to ask for some help. I thank anyone who has any feedback or an opinion on this subject.

I'll try to keep this as to the point as possible- There is someone I feel I have some sort of connection with, someone who passed several years ago. But he is not a member of my family, nor did I ever know him in my life. I only know of this man through photographs and through one movie that he was involved in, produced in 1972. He was primarily a stage actor. I first noticed him in his only film in 1994 when I was age 14, and I never could quite figure out why he stood out to me. I've never been struck by anyone like that before or since. He was still alive at that time. It wasn't until a few years ago that I rediscovered him, and since then I've felt a very odd connection to him.

The man I am talking about passed in 1997 at the age of 69. He never married and had no children, so the information out there about him is almost nil. But I have a few photographs I look at and I'll watch his film every now and again.

I am puzzled by how I feel. I have learned everything I can about this man, made it a point to even care and be concerned for him even though his life was over years ago. And I have no idea why. I have no personal or family connection to him, at least not that I know of. And yet I think of him often for no reason. I feel he knows this and has reached out for some reason. I am not bothered by these facts, just unsure why I feel this way.

Anyone ever have this experience? Is there something connecting me to him that I don't know about? Is this all in my head?

• Mallie, it is not the man so much as his strengths or good qualities or what he represents to you that attracts you to him. Think carefully on what you admire about him - it is most likely something that you wish you had in yourself or your own life.