This is to TheCaptain

• Dear TheCaptain,

I have seen how you have helped others here on this forum. I am reaching out to u because I feel that i am in desperate need of help in relation to my job situation. I have worked for this company more of a dept. for a long time and the administration seems to be unpredictable.. i am in a ver bad situation. My immeidate boss - nice guy but has control issues and is allowing immorale and illegal things to go on and partly because his bosses wont do anything about it either. its all a vicious circle.. its a ride that i would like to get off but not completely. i have been going through hell for th elast three years and i have been promised a move three or four times and it never seems to pan out... i am so confused .. scared and angry.. I have a family to support and have invested many years into this place.. i just want to not cringe when i go to work or not be physically ill because i dont want to be at my office.. please help do you see any positive changes for me... dob 9-24-66

• You need to get out from that company and its bad vibes ASAP because they are pulling you down. Look for another job in some other company but don't leave until you have it. However you must get out of there because that 'ship' is sinking and you may be dragged down with it. There is absolutely nothing good there for you. I am feeling there is another position for you 'just around the corner' - this feels literal so look around your working area. 2012 for you is all about the home and family so you may even try to set up some sort of work from home arrangement. I don't feel you are fully using all your skills at the moment and need to stretch yourself.

• Captain - you are so right on the money. I would love to work from home and have even tossed about some ideas but have not been able to make up my mind on what would be the best thing to do. I understand what you mean when you say literally around the corner. i had been thinking of looking for a job at the building next door to where i work - it is a related field but the pay would definetly be reduced. I will keep looking as you suggest. As far as not fully using my skills - that is part of the problem. I work with people who have control issues and it is a constant struggle everyday to do actually do the job that i am supposed to be doing. I feel like i am not living up to my own potential and its killing me. I even told this to the big boss when i asked to be moved to a satelite office. I told him that I can't work like that and he promised me the move to my own satelite office but so far it has not come to pass. U have really opened my eyes to what i need to be doing and I am going to move in that direction , Thank you so much for your insight and advice.

• Good luck to you - if you need any more help, please don't hesitate to ask.

• Thank you so much. I truly appreciate your help!