Libra Sun male (Venus Scorpio) w/ Scorpio Sun female (Venus Scorpio)

• I have been dating a guy now since July of 2011, its been pretty tumultuous....but also very strong emotional bond. He is from out of town, freshly moved here when we started talking/dating....He's 35 and I'm 33. I am divorced 3 years ago with two kids, and he has never been married, no kids. The relationship started off with incredible and long-standing deep conversations....when I first met him in person (we met online and chatted for almost two months before meeting), I was actually a bit intimidated b/c he came across so intent and intensely focused on me. Could this be his Scorpio Venus?? Since then, we have traveled together, gone on many dates, he's met my parents and kids...he's very sweet and romantic with his words, but its usually me who drives to see him, and we almost always pay 50/50 on dates. I am starting to feel as though I am more "invested" in this than he is, although by his words he swears to love me, texts me morning and night every day and calls me his love, tells me he loves me. When we see each other, he seems very close and clings almost to me....he has expressed more concern that I will leave or hurt him than vice versa. When I thought he was lying or misleading me, I tried to break up with him...three different times. Not b/c I didn't love him back, but because I was so upset thinking he was playing games, which he swears he wasn't, but did admit that he could be vindictive. I know he can lie, he's done it before.....this relationship feels like it has so much potential, and has a very fated feel to it. He begs now to just trust him fully, and that over time he feels we will get even closer. I want so much to believe him and trust him, but as I said, sometimes his actions speak differently. He comes up with a lot of excuses for being busy or absent, but swears there is no one else but me (he is in medical school.) I'm not sure what to think anymore, but I do love him, and just want to have a secure, committed relationship with him. Maybe I'm being too doubtful? If anyone knows of synastry, maybe this could help:

Him:

Rising--Aquarius

Sun--Libra

Moon-Pisces

Mercury--Virgo

Mars---Libra

Venus--Scorpio

Jupiter--Gemini

Saturn---Leo

Uranus--Scorpio

Neptune--Sagittarius

Pluto---Libra