Craft Challenge: Light Up Your Leo Pride

• This Leo took the challenge and had a vision of what to create. I roared in pride That I was going to make a lamp. In the basement I collected an old Lamp. In the true leadership of a Leo, I directed my significant other to disassemble the lamp and help me to reassemble the parts I needed. Than with my daughter we began to create my vision with the old lamp parts and clay---we call this piece, Hands of Light.

• I am trying to upload my pictures of Hands of Light

• Thank you so much for the nice compliments FlwrSprkl!!! :>)

• I found a metal lamp base at a consignment shop & I painted it gold and copper to represent colors of the sun. Then I used a plain ecru lampshade and attached beading to the bottom. I strung beads for adornment at the top, then used copper ribbon and more beads to decorate the top and bottom of the shade. Last, I painted a copper sun on the inside of the shade so that it shines through when lit.

• i feel that this represents what Leo is all about i painted this myself and it took me two days but i finally finished it with all my heart!

• Okay, I am going to try to upload my pictures of my lamp again. I don't know how well these pictures display the hands encompassing the lighted globe.

• More Pictures of making the lamp.

• Keep Looking I finally uploaded the pictures. This is the old lamp I started with, and the being of creation of ----Hands of Light.

• I see that many of you have trouble posting your pics for the contest.

If anyone needs my help, let me know.

Maybe some of you do not have the proper program to resize your pics.

I would be more then happy to do this for you......hope that this ok with the rules and such.But I just feel that everyone should have a fair chance at this and if loading the right size pic is the only thing that holds you back from posting it.....email me

bikermgg@aol.com

and send me your pic via email and I will send the proper size back to you!

Not trying to impose.......just trying to help out...its my nature :>)

PS......but dont ask me how to get that silly avatar on here.........that problem must be with the web page itself . One thing I know is that it is not our computers,lol.

• I love to knit, so my lamp had to include some fibers. I found a rather plain, kitchy, Christmas lamp at a thrift shop and decided to make it comfortable and cozy but also funny and little bizarre--like me! I started by knitting a ribbed cover for the base and added some glass to the bottom, which look dazzling with the light passing through them. You can just see the form of the pressed-plastic pinecone motif if you gaze through the glass chunks, but you can't quite make it out, adding a little mystery and wonder to the lamp. The blue and white combination actually reminds me of the Smurfs, one of my favorite cartoons as a child. I balanced the thick, cuddly blue base with a delicate, web-like knitting over the glass lantern. Some translucent blue beads help refect the light around (you can see them in the detail shot) I thought about switching the original red bulb out for a clear one, but the red gave the lamp a bizarre violet cast that I found oddly appealing and unexpected. I don't know if this expresses "Leo"--I think it is more expression of my moon being in happy-go-lucky Sagittarius. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

• Reclaimed chandelier - glass rods - stuck the rods in the ground, wove LED lights around, added old glass ceiling globes around perimeter. Pictures, unfortunately, don't show detail of hundreds of glass rods reflecting lights.

Finding the Beauty

Always

• Ok, I'll play again...

• Leo light - like the sun.

So much fun to make our representation of such a wonderful sun sign. Leo!!!

We are all very Proud to be a LEO!!!

ROAR!!!

Made the shape of the head, with hanger wire, cloth, paint and marbles for eyes.

Great fun!!!

• Leo light - like the Sun!!!

We are so Proud to be a LEO!!!

ROAR!!!

Made this with everthing I already had.

The head is made from hanger wire, that I bent to shape it., cloth under the wire, some paint for accent, and Marble Eyes.

Great Fun!!!

• hello

most of my pics are 450 KB & up

any suggestions how to make them smaller?

• Leo Pride

KB smaller

• Leo light - like the Sun!!!

We are so Proud to be a LEO!!!

ROAR!!!

Made this with everthing I already had. it is good to recycle.

The head is made from hanger wire, that I bent to shape it., cloth under the wire, some paint for accent, and Marble Eyes.

Great Fun!!!

• Figured the sizing of the KB's out, that took awhile. They fit. I have other pics to send if you need more. Thank you

• Colorful

The other one was out of focus.

Thanx

Roar!!!

• This post is deleted!