Insight/reading please! Is it the relationship or my messed up thinking? :)

• Hi,

I “met” a guy from an online site back in August. We emailed for a while and then started texting. The texting was sporadic at first, with no contact for up to a week and I then I would get a text stating, “I haven’t heard from you in a while, how are you? “ We met in October and I was immediately attracted to him which has never happened before. I felt (and still feel) the attraction is mutual. I feel connected to him on a much deeper level, as though we have known each other before. We started texting pretty much daily, but didn’t see each other for about 1 ½ weeks. At the end of that date, he said he would like to see more of me and I agreed. We made plans for him to come to my place for dinner, which he did that next w/e. That was 2 weeks ago. He continues to text every day. We have talked about getting together this w/e, but nothing is scheduled.

I know this is a new relationship, so maybe I’m being unrealistic with how often we see each other. or…am I reading this all wrong?

Another side note that I feel is playing a role in why I haven’t seen him is that the night he came over we started “messing around”. He was unable to follow through due to a body part that would not cooperate. He was very apologetic and, I’m sure, embarrassed, though I reassured him that it was not a big deal to me and not to be concerned. (or something along those lines). Is he staying away because he is embarrassed or afraid it may happen again. I do not know his history in this area. 

I am having a hard time trying to reach my “gut” on this as there is too much “mind” noise going on. What I do know is that I do not want a “texting” relationship.  I need to pray more about it as when I did that the other day, I did get some peace and calm with a message that all is OK. I have also been trying some mindfulness exercises to stay in the moment and not future trip. I’m very good at that. The saying “when I’m in my head, I am with my own worst enemy” is so very true for me. 

I would appreciate any insight anyone might have about what he is thinking and/or feeling. A teensy bit more info…I am a Taurus and he is Virgo. We are both 51 yrs old.

Thanks,