Animal Totems

• does anyone know where I can find good infor on animal totems? The reaon I ask is approximately 2 weeks ago I dreamed of a hawk then 2 days later & everyday since then this beautiful hawk has flown into my yark & a couple of times he has tried to get into my window and feels like I am being told something but I don't know what

• Hawks are visionaries and messengers. As a totem they help to open the higher chakras so that we may hear and see the visions and messages that Spirit and the Universe are always sending our way. Hawk is able to soar high above the earth to soar on the breath of Spirit, seeing the broader picture below. (See the big picture-Focus on your priorities/target and forget the rest)

Many of the messages Hawk may bring are about freeing yourself of thoughts and beliefs that are limiting your ability to soar above your life and gain a greater perspective.

If one is undergoing a difficult passage to know that just over the next hill is freedom and liberation, but you gotta fly/rise above the mundane to see it.

Hawk can alert us to those times when we should NOT take action because we do not yet have all the information we need. (Hover above until opportunity presents itself). This needs to be heeded and Hawk sent forth to gather the appropriate information to help the person make the best choice. Sometimes the person finds that Hawk was telling them to steer clear for very good reasons!

In the Egyptian Tradition Hawk was associated with Magic and shapeshifting. Isis is said to have shapeshifted into a Hawk to save Osiris. Horus also carried Hawk medicine which allowed him to see the "unseeable".

Hmm...as Hawk is the sacred animal of Horus i could ask my Egyptian runes, if you have a specific question in your mind feel free to ask 🙂

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• thanks dmick I will look for it on my next trip to the bookstore

please when you get time seehorse as about my financial/career status I was trying to start my own business since they cut my hours down but every obstacle keeps popping up in my way

and my lovely hawk just appeared at my front living room window & he just kept flapping his wings on the glass this is the third time he went for the window this week !!! I was afraid he was going to hurt himself

• "I am drawn to doves & swans. But my dreams are very vivid of horses, tigers, lions"

Dmick, i was thinking maybe your Higher Self is trying to tell you something here....

while your conscious is attracted to scenes of graceful serenity and companionship, archetypes of personal empowerment, independence and freedom come to your dreams. Tigers and lions hunt their pray which could mean take initiative. don't be so passive. And Horse speaks of grace, freedom, independence and crossing boundaries. Research what each Totem represents, there are hints hidden in every dream 😉

• This post is deleted!

• Sorry no Dmick, Piscean Healer was really knowledgeable in Totem Animals but he hasn't been here for quite some time....i remember googling as i too wanted to know my own personal Totems (some say we got 9 of them !) but could never meditate and call them lol...try to remember what animals fascinated you from childhood, were there some you felt an inexplicable bond/attraction towards them ? (even in cases they weren't too attractive e.g a snake hehe) we have all the answers we seek inside us, it's just that we rarely take the time to really look...

But your question intrigued me, so after some -fruitless- meditation it dawned on me nearly every Egyptian God has a sacred animal. So i pulled a rune for you and Wepwawet the Wolf God came up. Do you sense a special connection with this animal ? Perhaps you should try to meditate and call upon Wolf, then wait for the next dream, you never know...;)

• As Ozzy the Great said : Bark at the Moon....:D

• This post is deleted!

• I did bark at the moon this am & it felt soooooooo good

• While on the topic of animals, During the summer a friend and I had made some bracelets. A little while later we were sitting in my back yard and a little green dragonfly was flying around the bracelet and the me. I had gone into the house for about 5 minutes and when I came back out the same dragonfly was around me again. I was just wondering if anyone might have an idea if it means something.