Hey Watergirl - re the Snow Angel

• Hi Watergirl,

Ok I know I spent a while agonizing about my decision to take the job. But 5 months later, I'm glad you encouraged me to go for it. I've learnt a lot. It's given me some confidence as to my capabilities and I know that so much of your advice has been about communicating my needs. You know what, I found it within myself to listen to your advice ๐Ÿ™‚

I have however discovered that I'm not the right fit for the job. And I spoke to my boss about changing my job scope (something I would have been terrified to do in the past). She was initially agreeable but I guess neither of us was realistic about how that was going to happen. So after the initial 'victory', I now find myself in a situation where I might be out of a job in a month.

I'm taking that as an opportunity to find something else that I'm better suited for. There was a job I was keen on a few months ago and I didn't ge an interview. So I contacted the company this week and they are expanding. I sent my CV and I tried to convey my enthusiasm about the role over the phone. But she hasn't called me back for an interview and I'm worried. I feel I must be more mindful about the kind of jobs I apply for. That being said, it still comes down to facing unemployment - and I don't want that again.

All things considered, I've probably done well in my current role. But I'm yearning for something else in which my talents are utilized, something I can feel passionate about. Right now, I only feel like I'm plugging the leak in a sinking ship. It is a mental prison. Everyday that nothing wrong happens is a good day... it shouldn't be that way. And the idealist in me hates that feeling.

I guess I've not been anywhere close to the embodiment of the Snow Angel, because while I've had some success with being assertive at work, I've failed miserably with B, the guy I was dating. I don't know what happened with him, and why he detaached. But I share part of the blame for not communicating my needs, for not telling him his distance was hurting me. It doesn't sit right with me - the way things transpired. I don't know if it's too late but I want to reach out to him.

Watergirl, what you do see as happening insofar as job opportunities? What do I need to do to get the kind of job that I ought to be doing? And what about B? Thanks...

• Hi Danceur,

It's a busy week leading up to Christmas so I'm not sure I will have the time to do a reading - it takes a good 90 minutes or longer to do one properly (clearing my own energy, meditating, typing what I see/feel into something coherent, etc.). So in the meantime, I will give you something to "ponder"...

I have spoken of this before, but this can be a diificult concept to truly "get" (believe me, I know!). Everything in our lives..,,situations....relationships...results of all kinds....are a reflection of the energy we are putting out. So your job, this relationship, etc. are a direct reflection to you of your vibrations/energy. Your thoughts, beliefs, etc.

So let's look at the job. You feel it is a mental prison. Hmmmmm. I have to tell you that you seem to be in a mental prison most of the time. Your thoughts tend to focus on the negative instead of the positive. So this is what you attract. I'm not saying there is something wrong or "bad" about you, just that if you want to create something different you need to shift your energies first. So instead of focusing on how disappointing your job is, focus on what you DO WANT. Don't worry about the specifics...just focus on the general essence of what you want...something you can feel passionate about and which taps into your strengths and creative talents. This, of course, will require you to get clear on what those strengths and creative talents are. Focus on the FEELING that having this type of job will create. Then just start applying for jobs and TRUST that the Universe (and your own creative power through your energetic vibration) will bring you what you want. Snow Angel - Empowerment - is vital. So you are interested in this new job and they haven't called you back? Call them back again! And don't be "mindful" about the types of jobs you apply for - that is fear based. Be "mindful" about your energy and thoughts. Be honest with yourself - how much energy have you put into focusing on how miserable your job is and wishing for a way out and how much time have you put into looking for a new job? Take responsibility for what you have created - without getting down on yourself - and shift your attention, thoughts, intention, focus, etc. and what you create - your reality - will shift as well,

With regard to B, you already know the answer but you are resisting it. The same concept applies here. You attracted him vibrationally so now you get the emotional feedback of your creation. You were not being honest with yourself about what you really want. Saying you did not want a committed relationship and that it really is OK for a guy to be in and out - not knowing where you stand - because you "like your space" as well. This was all fear based. So that is what you attracted. A man who would not commit, who was wishy-washy with you, and left you with too much of your own space. There is also a deeper issue here of your own feelings of self-worth. You know this, but are resisting the lesson. You made this man's wants and needs more important than your own. Adopted the frame of mind that if you just gave him what he wanted and didn't ask for anything in return, that this would make him want you. All the compassion you are and have felt for him - turn that compassion around and direct it at yourself! It is time for you to put your own needs first as this man does not appear to care about them. The good news is that he taught you what you actually do want in a relationship by not giving it to you. Instead of focusing on the love you feel for him and hoping this will bring him back to you, just focus on the ESSENCE of those emotions without attaching them to him. Put it out to the Universe that you want to feel this way about a man who will return it in kind. Someone ready to both GIVE and receive - who is able to be vulnerable and open and commit to building a future with you. But first you need to surrender/release your attachment to B.

Blessings,

Watergirl

• OKay Danceur my dear....I know you don't want to hear what I have to tell you any longer, but I did do a reading for you this morning anyway...

The first image I got was of you in quick sand up to your shoulders. Your celestial team was surrounding you in a circle outside of the quicksand and reaching out to you, but you shut your eyes - wanting to stay there. As if to say, "It is so warm and comfortable like a blanket." Your celestial team seemed at a loss and wondering what they could do to convince you that is was quick sand...

The 2nd image was of you standing in a thick fog. The kind of fog they call as thick as pea soup. But off in the distance there was one tiny beam of a very bright light...

The last image was of you stepping through the fog. Now all the darkness was behind you and you were facing a very warm, golden light shining on you like rays of the sun. It was pouring into your chest - solar plexus chakra which is our place of personal power and empowerment.

I pulled cards for you afterwards and they are self-explanatory by the captions on the cards. However, on the last set I will give you the actual card meanings along with them.

The first set of cards was from the Gaia Oracle...

• I also pulled a card from the Animal Spirit Guide deck...

• And the last set are from the Earth Magic oracle deck...

AUTUMNAL EQUINOX - Release

Now is the time to let anything in your life fall away that is no longer useful or needed for the emerging expression of who you are. Allow yourself to gradually shed what has become burdensome and no longer congruent with your soulโ€™s purpose. With release comes a sense of being much lighter, just like the trees that openly bear their nakedness once their leaves have departed and give room for whatever new Life is ready to birth following a period of quiet and gestation. So let go of whatever has outlived its purposefulness and trust that something else will take its place.

FIRE - Passion

What are your passions? What turns you on? What ignites that inner flame, that creative spark? When you feel devoid of passion, consider what is missing in your life. It is most likely an absence of โ€œfire in your belly,โ€ something that makes your heart beat faster and quickens your breathing. Passion is not something that comes from outside of you, although some events and circumstances can trigger it. It is an intensity of feeling, whether quietly experienced or enthusiastically expressed.

TSUNAMI - Wake-Up Call

You are getting a wake-up call. It may be in the form of a significant loss or other dramatic event in your life, typically one that you were not prepared for initially. You may feel stunned at first, surprised by the unexpected events that are occurring. Yet you also know that it is time to draw back the curtain of avoidance and denial and confront the truth that exists in the subtext of this event. To negotiate this wake-up call, listen closely to your instincts, while at the same time seeking the higher ground of spiritual truth.

• Hi Watergirl,

I think you may have given me best Xmas present ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you so much for replying and for the readings.

I think I have had trouble trying to understand what it means to give out to the Universe what I want. But it's a bit clearer now, at least in theory. And I'm trying to do that.

Actually I think I didn't know what I wanted with a relationship. I do consider myself eccentric and I have many conflicting qualities (wonder if it's anything to do with being a Scorpio on a Libra cusp with Sagittarius moon and rising). I just feel pulled in so many directions all the time. I might have confused my aversion to relationship drama and my need for freedom and space WITH not wanting to be in a committed relationship, because in other areas of life, I tend to resist being tied down.

But I now see that despite my fears and nervousness, I am ready to give a committment to a man who is willing to give to and receive from me and who has mutual respect for personal freedom and space. I know this because I felt the metamorphosis from liking it free and easy with B to wanting it to be both light-hearted and sweet as well as more loving, and committed. It is going to be hard for me to release my attachment because I've already fallen in love with him... I guess when I'm ready to, I will be able to... somehow.

But in the meantime, I am also trying to put it out to the Universe of the essence of the kind of mate I want to be with... and hopefully I'll be sharing next Christmas with this mystery man ๐Ÿ™‚

And with work, I've agreed to swop roles with someone else. Just going to try my best at the new role. But I hope to find something I'm truly passionate about. It seems a bit more difficult to put the essence of this out to the Universe because I'm not exactly sure of the type of work I want to do and would be good at. I just know it's gotta ignite my passion, utilize the talents i have, complements my personality and can accommodate and encourage my need for freedom. Oh yeah, and i would like to work around people who are genuine and supportive. Am I asking too much? LOL...

• Hey Danceur,

You already stated it....I want a job that ignites my passion, utilizes my talents, complements my personality, accommodates my desire for enough free time to pursue my other interests, and where I will be surrounded and supported by genuine and generous people...

Just keep the word "need" out of it. Need is counter-productive to the Law of Attraction. It actually repels that which you are saying you "need." Need produces feelings of lack. Want and desire produces more positive feelings.

Remember to connect with the FEELING of already having what you want. This is key. Feeling GOOD is vital to manifesting your desires.

Not sure if you are familiar with Abraham Hicks, but I think you would really benefit from some of their stuff. Here are a few videos to get you started ๐Ÿ™‚

http://youtu.be/uLeIMd6So-g

http://youtu.be/VR6_KNKcteM

http://youtu.be/CmIRY8Q75HE

http://youtu.be/J0h8JLtDaRA

Merry Christmas!

Watergirl

• Hi Watergirl,

How's it going? Wow can't believe it's been a year.

I did manage to stay at that different role, and in spite of all the frustrations, I did get some of the things I wanted out of it - "complements my personality, accommodates my desire for enough free time to pursue my other interests, and where I will be surrounded and supported by genuine and generous people..."

However my contract was recently terminated. At first I was excited about the prospect of starting anew again. But now I'm getting nervous and feeling off balance in my life again (no thanks to physical ailments and visiting some dubious practitioners). I finally have some time on my hands to reconnect with the people I used to chat with on this forum. And I'm wondering if you could do a reading for me to provide some insight on how I can move forward and potential work opportunities, and what to look out for in the year ahead.

Thank you.