Sagittarian chick confused by Geminian male

• Hi, there! I was wondering if one of you lovely people would be able to help me with this? Well, here goes...

I have a guy friend whom I've known for a while now, about 10 years. He's a Gemini Sun, Cancer Venus, and Aquarius Mars; I'm a Sagittarius Sun, Scorpio Venus, and Pisces Mars. We're not THAT close because, even though we've known each other for a while, we've never gotten the chance to hang out much over the years. Whenever we did, though, it was always a great time. He's funny, entertaining, and very caring. Within the last year, though, I've started to entertain the thought of us being more than friends. And this is where the trouble started.

At about the midpoint of this year was when I seriously started considering us getting together. When we would hang out, I'd act a little more flirty around him--nothing obvious, just subtle. A brush against his arm and a lingering gaze was as far as I went with it; I didn't want to scare him, after all. Much to my liking, I could tell that he enjoyed it. Strangely enough, though, when I would message him, just to say hello, he doesn't respond or reply--which is odd because we used to have no problem speaking with one another before. I mean, we've known each other forever. But if we were to meet up, it was like his "ignoring" me did not exist. He'd act all playful around me, complimenting me and flirting back a bit. But it's really weird because, one second, he'd be all flirty and playful, and then the next second, he'd act all distant.

That's only when we see each other, but we haven't hung out in a couple of months now. He doesn't message or contact me anymore (it's been a good several months since he's done so), and in response to that, I don't message him either. I guess I kinda took it personally and thought that, if he won't talk to me, then I won't talk to him. Once in a while, however, I'd try to get in touch with him (even though I know that he won't respond) because he's still my friend, you know? But he just won't talk to me, and I don't get it. He's never been like this, and it's worrying to me. I don't recall doing anything to offend him. I just miss him, that's all. 😞

And that's pretty much what it's been like for the past couple of months. I get that he likes me as more than a friend--I can feel it when he's near me--but, as a friend, he's not being a very good one. At least, that's what I think, anyway. I don't know. What do you think's going on with him? Does this have anything to do with him being a Cancer Venus? I've heard that Cancerian men are a little tricky to deal with in the romance department... Or maybe he just hates me? lol I don't know--what do you all think?