I really need help with my reading!!!

• I would like to do renovations on my summer home so that my husband and I can retire there.

Very undecisive about it, so I did a Celtic Cross reading, my cards were as follows:

Long term Poential-Hanged Man

Self-High Priestess

Situation-World

Foundation-Eight of Cups

Blocks-Five of Coins

Allies-King of Swords

Advice-Page of Swords

Challenges/Opportunities-Ace of Wands

Higher Power-Devil

Near Future-King of Wands

Recent Past-The Lovers

To me it looked like everything was a negative, except for the World Card.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Okay, so I am no pro, but I'm going to give this a shot.

Long Term Potential: Okay, so this doesn't look that great for LTP, but the hanged man can mean sacrifice, or looking at a situation differently. So, maybe it means you'll learn to cope with whatever issues renovating brings (which, believe me, are a lot of issues. Personally I will never renovate again. It never ends). Maybe it also means that you'll have to sacrifice a lot for the renovations to work out.

Self - This makes sense. You're very unsure about what to do, there's a lot of hidden factors and uncertanties that are affecting your decision. Maybe you are keeping most of these to yourself? The high priestess is mostly about what is hidden and unknown.

Situation: Completion. This makes sense, you want to fix up the house that you'll be spending the rest of your life in.

Foundation: This also makes sense. The foundation of the problem is you leaving behind something you are comfortable with -i.e a house that is already built, somewhere you've already established yourself -for somewhere unknown, which is all the uncertanties you face with renovating your summer home.

Blocks - Maybe you are financially uncertain about doing the renovations? or you just think you wont be able to do it?

Allies - So, this could be someone in your life who is a very logical thinker, who will help you with making your decisions. or, this could be a way you need to think. Weighing all the possibilities, using your head more then your heart.

Advice - Hmmm....thinking before acting? The PoS is one of those cards I cant understand no matter how much I read up on him.

Challenges/Opportunities - Ace of wands is about inspiration for new beginnings, usually about projects so it makes sense in this case. Maybe this is telling you that you need to build up some confidence in taking a stab at this project, if you really want it. It has the potential to grow into something great.

Higher Power - Well, the devil can be about surpressing desires, so I guess it makes sense that this is here. The main thing affecting you is you holding back on building your home out of fear, and probably fear of all kinds of things. Renovations cost a lot of money and take a lot of time, and its evident from this spread that you are well aware of that.

Near Future: So, it looks like you are actually going to go ahead with it, or if not that, your attitude towards it will change. King of wands loves to take risks, he's very bold. It can also mean creative projects coming to fruition, so that's good news for your renovations.

Recent Past - This card can be all about decision making, so your recent past was all about you muling over the decision of whether or not to go through with this project or not.

Well, this reading wasn't too helpful, LOL! Really all I see here is a lot of uncertainty and insecurity from you. It's clear you know that there are a lot of risks involved. I think what you need to do is really sit down, list the pro's and cons, how long (realistically) you think it'll take you to do it, the money involved....and if you can do it, go for it. If you think it'll make you happy, then you should do it. Life is short 😉

• Thank you so much Maria, I think you got it perfectly. You are right about what I am thinking and feeling. Life is Short, that is exactly what I have been telling myself. I just wish I could just "do it" .

LBIQueen