It only happens once in 823 years? ...and is based on Chinese Feng Shui?

• Any input on this shall be much appreciated.

This year October has 5 Mondays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays.

This Happens once every 823years.

Based on Chinese Feng Shui.

• HI EP,

Wow thats unbeliveable i would be interested to know why this is as well

LOve, and light Loap:)

• Hi, I have received so often emails with this fact and July was the most I read about it

The question should be put like this: Why 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays don’t occur every 823 years

The Truth is…

The first three weekdays of any 31-day month are repeated 5 times within that month. So, any month that has 31 days and begins on a Friday has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays. And this happens much more often than every 823 years.

The next time that the 2011 calendar repeats itself is in the year 2022, which is only 11 years later. What’s more, a calendar month that contains 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays occurs nearly every year: Both July 2011 and March 2013 have 5 Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The next July with same days as July 2011 is July 2016.

Variations of the urban myth:

•This year July has 5 Fridays 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags.

•This year, July has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens only once every 823 years.

•This year October will have 5 Sundays, 5 Mondays and 5 Saturdays. This happens only every 823 years.

•2010: October will have 5 Sundays, 5 Mondays & 5 Saturdays which only happens every 823 years

•October 2010 has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. Only happens every 823 years…

How recurring calendar months work

Every year has 7 months with 31 days. Each of these 7 months has three weekdays of which there are 5. There are 7 different days a month can start on. So on average, over time, each combination happens once yearly. But for each individual year, there are only 6 of 7 combinations, and two 31-day months start on the same weekday.

In a common/regular year, January and October look the same. In a leap year, January and July look the same.

5 of the same day in one month in 2011

January 2011

5 Saturdays 5 Mondays 5 Tuesdays Same as October

March 2011

5 Tuesdays 5 Wednesdays 5 Thursdays

May 2011

5 Sundays 5 Mondays 5 Tuesdays

July 2011

5 Fridays 5 Saturdays 5 Sundays

August 2011

5 Mondays 5 Tuesdays 5 Wednesdays

October 2011

5 Saturdays 5 Sundays 5 Mondays Same as January

December 2011

5 Thursdays 5 Fridays 5 Saturdays

Not occurring in 2011: A month with 5 Wednesdays, 5 Thursdays, 5 Fridays

I found this information on timeanddate. 2012 has similarities like this yet not occuring is: A month with 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, 5 Sundays

🙂 Flow

• Thank you Flowsco...

So you are saying that it has nothing to do with prosperity in the realm of Feng Shui?

Oh my, guess I have to find that pot of gold in yet another month!

• Hi EsotericP.

I think that in the realm of Feng Shui it got a special place and meaning. Yet just on the logical level and especially after the western calendar was introduced... this is what happens almost every year.

So it's up to you which one has the most value to you personally.

Flow

PS. I am with you hunting for that pot of gold. 🙂