Which career will work for me - software freelancer or author?

• I am a freelance programmer and I am not making so much money yet .

I have also written a novel. Will my novel be successful? I have strong urge to write novels full time but will it pay my bills? Can I make it as an successful author or is it a foolish fantasy? Also I want to be financially independent? Where will find that - in my software career or as an author( i love writing) ?....

my date of birth is 31st August 1973 ( 5:50 am, city: gauhati, india)

Thanks in advance

• kaloni,

You will be more successful as a writer as it is one of your God given gifts. However, becoming will known with your writings will take a year with a good publisher, I hear the letter C in a publishing company for you to look into to help you. In the meantime stay with the freelance programmer job until you get established as an author and writer. One of your books will be made into a movie in five years time and make your efforts worthwhile. I see that you are capable of writing songs too. You will achieve your goal but it will take a year with others helping you. Again the letter C is prominent here. Let me know when your first book is published as it is not far away and it feels like you write from the heart and your storyline will touch many with depth of characters you write about. I feel the sea or ocean being written about in one of your books which will become a favorite of many.

I'm a clairvoyant reader when time allows me to be on this site.

Shuabby

• Shuabby this is too good to be true....but true or not your words will keep me optimistic and motivated in my darkest times....I cant thank you enough in fact....

right now I am in the crossroads of my life...here i love writing but will it support me financially is my worry.......then again I am finding my way in software but it takes too much time away from my very young children which makes me unhappy....yet i do need to be financially independent...

u see I did have a gud IT career in my past but 6 years back after marriage i quit it to start and devote to my family...although I have been working from home yet a software career is demanding and takes time away from my kids which I dont want to and so I am being pulled in two directions....and over and above I have discovered I love writing too and in fact completed a novel that i just told you about....

but thanks shuabby your words will keep me going to pursue and find time for my passion for writing while I try to balance my software career with that...