Can you Please help the new kid understand my Celtic Cross Reading?

• Here is a reading I did for myself. I'm really new at this and am having trouble:

The topic is a guy who is a 'friend' that we have had very intense feelings for each other that never got off it just fell apart into meaningless arguments and lack of communication. We barely talk now. Supposedly on good terms but it is very awkward.

My question was: "What kind of behavior can I expect from him in the future?" I really wanted to understand his behavior towards me now and what I can expect in the future so that I can figure out if this is something I should try to put out of my mind. This was my layout. Can you please help me understand?

1. ( basis) reversed queen of swords

2. (cross) 2 of pentacles

3. (subconcious) high priestess

4. ( past) 3 of swords

5. ( consciousness) 6 of pentacles

6. (future) 10 of cups

7. (querent) ace of swords

8. (environment) reversed temperance

9. (hopes and fears) reversed 4 of pentacles

10)(final outcome) reversed the Lovers.

Thanks for any help you can give this Newbie!

• The answer is that you can expect more of the same. It is time to move on to something new!

• sorry 2) the cross was two of CUPS not two of pentacles. and @watergirl18, thanks for responding. but what about the reading tells you that I can expect more of the same? Does the layout show any reasoning behind his behavior?

• Hi there,

In looking at the question you asked, "what king of behavior can I expect from him in the future?" the outcome card says it all. The Lovers reversed speaks to disharmony, impatience, fickleness, immaturity, bluntness, hurt feelings, opposition - basically a troubled relationship.

With regard to the rest of your cards...

The Queen of Swords reversed as your foundation - this lady reversed is quite caustic. It represents misuse of speech, sarcasm, browbeating, emotional blackmail, pettiness, vindictiveness, bitterness, etc. I believe this is a representation of how things are between the two of you and what brought you to your current situation - all the arguing and contention you spoke of.

2 of Cups as the crossing - what is crossing you is a relationship!

High Priestess as subconscious - that's actually pretty funny. The HP represents the hidden, what is unknown, the UNCONSCIOUS 🙂

3 of Swords as the past - once again this just describes the fighting and disharmony that has occurred between the two of you. It points to emotional pain, difficulties in a relationship, alienation, tension, a rift, and piercing or cutting words.

6 of Pents as your consciousness - this represents you wanting to mend things and hoping to get back together - wanting the two of you to deal with each other in a more fair, equitable manner. However, it also suggests that this is a disempowering state for you to be in.

10 of Cups as the future - on the surface this seems like a great card, however remember that cups are about emotions and the number 10 is about completion. It often points to strong emotions, but they are not necessarily positive and happy. Looking at the surrounding cards, I would say this is about completion and maybe not such a happy thing for you, but to Spirit it is a good thing because you will be moving on to something better.

You as the Ace of Swords - this speaks to you wanting a new beginning or rejuvenation, to surmount the obstacles in this relationship and to initiate change. However, it also suggests that there is a need for fresh ideas and to have the courage to cut something out of your life that does not serve you. The Ace of Swords is about personal power and strength in adversity.

Temperance reversed as the environment - once again, another card that speaks to disharmony. This card is about alchemy and when reversed suggests that the two things you are trying to blend to not mix well together. Reversed meanings include lack of balance or immoderation, discord, wasted energy, obsession, impatience, volatility, inappropriate behavior, conflict of interests, etc.

4 of Pents as your hopes and fears - You are hoping to hold onto this relationship - to make it work somehow, but you are also afraid that the contention will continue. Look at the image on the card...this guy has a nasty scowl on his face and he is also holding on very tightly to his pentacles - doesn't want to let go.

Hope this helps!

I pulled a couple of Universal Wisdom cards for you...

Lotus Rose: This card heralds a time of positive change that is about to unfold in your life - deep and profound changes, which occur at the heart level. As your heart opens, the Universe NEW and loving experiences your way. You may have been hurt or disappointed recently, however the weeks to come will bring renewal as new friendships and opportunities blossom. These new friendships and opportunities will be deeply inspiring and rewarding. They will be the result of the love and faith you have shown in the Universe. In opening your heart, you will raise your vibrations and therefore will begin to attract all that vibrates to love.

Autumn Leaves: Embrace the changing seasons of your life and be not afraid, for life is forever changing in accordance with Nature and Divine Will. Trust in the flow of life. Just as in nature, your life is a continuous cycle of changing seasons. Each season holds its own particular beauty and unique vibration, so there is no need to fear change. It may be time to let go of something that has served its purpose and is no longer of any benefit to you. Surrender it with grace and trust. Look at the image on this card and you will see that as autumn leaves fall, a beautiful being starts to emerge. This beautiful being is you. A new chapter in your life is about to unfold. The current events are being divinely orchestrated. There is nothing you need to do except be patient and trust that all is unfolding as it should. AUTUMN - a time for letting go of the old.

Blessings,

Watergirl

• Here's Lotus Rose...

• Wow! thank you so much! i really appreciate it watergirl. You have a gift and are a sweet person to take the time to help all of the people on this site. And you're right..he's an ass. I'm in the process of learning to let go from things that don't give back to me.

Peace! and may all your blessings to others return to you as well.

• Hey MaketheBest,

Here is my take...

1. Basis - Queen of Swords (rev) - This is the situation, this Queen is stoic and in control, this feels like whatever happened resulted in a feeling where feelings were shoved aside and replaced with a cooler, curt attitude.

2. Crossing - The Two of Cups - This card must be assimilated, accepted and processed out in order for you to move on. This sounds to me like there still remains something that needs to be opened out emotionally. This also feels like a symbol of what you two shared, it must have been nice when it was working.

3. Subconscious - The High Priestess - Intuition. You are both operating on intuition, and taking the proper steps even without being aware of it. This period of cooling off is good.

4. Past - Three of Swords. Heartbreak is the usual reading of this card. Threes are also planning so while there was some pain, coming away you are thinking through what could have been said better. There were some real communication issues at play in the relationship for sure.We started with the Queen of Swords, and then as the Querant card, the ACE of Swords tells me that communication effectiveness is very important to you now! You are trying to learn about yourself, why did I say that, in that way? So you are asking good questions.

5. Consciousness - The SIX of Pentacles - This is a benevolent card of giving and taking in material concrete issues of life. The sense i have is that emotional connection has been replaced by more of a material focus between you. Surface. This is a deliberate choice being made between you, to avoid the emotional rapids that ended in some volatile expressions.

6. Future - Ten of Cups - Well, whatever it is, is good for you. Emotional contentment, maturity, I see you having come through all of this with some real "love-communication-wisdom". In light of the relationship you have with this person, this could spell a nice reunion where you have learned about each other, and can now return to more loving, sweet ways between you. Not promising, this is a nice card to see in this position though!

7. Querent - The Ace of Swords - we touched on this. You are very concerned right now about words and your communication style. You are vowing not to make the same mistakes in words. This shows a new determination in your to start a new path in the way you relate to another emotionally. You are learning a lot right now about how you say things.

8. Environment - Temperance (rev) - this is how others, or your sense of others (the world) sees you. And this feels like you are getting some energy about balance, flow, a more tempered style of life and communicating. You are feeling this atmosphere around you. At times you feel that life is pressuring you to be more balanced and in control than you like. You are a Scorpio? You may not like being limited like that.

9. Hopes and fears - Four of Pentacles (rev) - The FOURS are all about manifesting, so there is a security, home issue top of mind for you. You are wanting something that offers security, and yet you are aware that you can't let that dictate your life. You have a longing for a stable, loving, secure home situation.

10. Final Outcome - The LOVERS (rev) - This could portend that matters are resolved between you and the other person. More importantly, it shows me that you learn a LOT about your effectiveness in communicating emotionally, and learning to see from the other person's point of view. You unite two parts of your being, your sword life (intellect) and the hear life (emotions) into a presentation that really works for you! IN other words, in the future, you will handle these situations much differently, with more of an open mind. That sounds to me like the "meaningless arguments" is the root from which your answers will come. The arguments were not "meaningless", you were really struggling (and the other person as well) to say something from deep down that was important, and then you become frustrated because the partner doesn't "get it". This will change for you.

Maybe that will give you some food for thought, I hope this situation resolves nicely for you and the other person!

• well you both are saying that I my future holds some promising emotional changes in terms of me and my love life. Which i can only hope to god is true because i've been working diligently within myself to make changes

@watergirl...i was struck by u saying the love and faith that I have shown the universe will soon bring things to me. I had used the term "devout" meaning I had been a devout believer that the universe would reward me if i had an open heart and treated people well and was brave and I felt like I had been met with pain and it was a struggle not to feel betrayed. I kept flipping the cards over and over and watching the birds and the trees for a sign and worrying that I was missing something. So i appreciate your words

@Astra the two reads that you said that really struck with me were 6 of pentacles...I feel that somewhere along the line he made a conscious decision to push me away. The few times I've seen him I've seen him PHYSICALLY pull himself away from me or leave if i'm around all the while staring me down or watching me intently and trying not to get caught. I didnt understand and it was painful, this read helped me understand it somewhat

the second was a four of pentacles...yes I have been VERY focused on stability. in fact that is what the intense draw to him was in the first place. He made me feel VERY safe. And that is what I fought for and tried to understand when it fell apart.

BTW i think that the 3 of swords is a terrible breakup he had in december that I believe is the basis for his miserable behavior ( he's a cancer).

Thank you so much ladies for your input...I don't know what moves you two to help out us poor souls but I'm appreciative.

• well you both are saying that I my future holds some promising emotional changes in terms of me and my love life. Which i can only hope to god is true because i've been working diligently within myself to make changes

@watergirl...i was struck by u saying the love and faith that I have shown the universe will soon bring things to me. I had used the term "devout" meaning I had been a devout believer that the universe would reward me if i had an open heart and treated people well and was brave and I felt like I had been met with pain and it was a struggle not to feel betrayed. I kept flipping the cards over and over and watching the birds and the trees for a sign and worrying that I was missing something. So i appreciate your words

@Astra the two reads that you said that really struck with me were 6 of pentacles...I feel that somewhere along the line he made a conscious decision to push me away. The few times I've seen him I've seen him PHYSICALLY pull himself away from me or leave if i'm around all the while staring me down or watching me intently and trying not to get caught. I didnt understand and it was painful, this read helped me understand it somewhat

the second was a four of pentacles...yes I have been VERY focused on stability. in fact that is what the intense draw to him was in the first place. He made me feel VERY safe. And that is what I fought for and tried to understand when it fell apart.

BTW i think that the 3 of swords is a terrible breakup he had in december that I believe is the basis for his miserable behavior ( he's a cancer).

Thank you so much ladies for your input...I don't know what moves you two to help out us poor souls but I'm appreciative.