WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR II?

• As promised, new posting. All are welcome as always, I have found that the more we are thankful the more God gives us to be thankful for!

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

-- Albert Schweitzer

"It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.

-- Author Unknown

"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.

-- Buddha

"The struggle of life is one of our greatest blessings. It makes us patient, sensitive, and Godlike. It teaches us that although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. "

Helen Keller

• Wow a brand new thread- thanks poetic,

I am Thankful for being alive today

I am Thankful for a good weekend, and for going out.

I am Thankful peace, and quiet.

I am Thankful for my spiritual church, and my spiritual family.

I am Thankful for love, hope and faith.

Love n Light Lotus/Bee

• Yeah, I thought of you! Hope all is well and if it aint, it will be! BELIEVE....! LOVE YA!

• Thanks poetic- I am trying my best- is all I can do. Sorting out doctors appointments and things,

Love ya too, xx

• Hellooooooooooooooo,

just stopping by again quickly to let all of you know that i miss you.

Spunky BJ is soo beautiful, he has grown so much "Nana C"...I can see some of you in him:)

Beeeeeeeeeeee, Beeeeeeeeeeeee..always thinking of you, i won't be back till September but i wanted to let you know you are always with me.

To all of my siestas, be well, be safe, be loved, be happy

will call all of you soon, just need this time to regroup!

love and light

Namaste

Shee

• Hi Sistahs!

Thanks Poetic for a new thankful home! Great to see U, LotusPriestess and my missing Siesta whom I think of Often,My Journey -- Psychedelic Shatzie! LOL! Hope RC & Ramonita come out and play soon too!

Today I'm thankful for

a cool breeze, sunny skies and a night of open windows.

coming home to cook and clean and care for family.

making plans for a new day filled with ordinary things.

Night all!

Laie

• Hi everyone, today I am thankful for being me. I thank my kids once again and forever for being my kids.

Hope you are all well, I am doing fine!

xxxPaddi

• Today I am thankful for being here. It's been a while but I have been missing everyone. I am thankful for the opportunity to return to school, I love it but it does take up a lot of my time. I am thankful that I can support myself and pay my bills and occasionally go out to dinner. Thank you all for being who you are. Much love and light. ---Aunt B

• AuntBuck --- It is so good to see you! You have been on my mind since Saturday or Sunday morning. I was doing some research into natal charts and your water triplicity kept coming to mind. I even checked the other site late last night for you, lol! It sounds like you are doing very well and I'm happy you've been able to follow your dream back to school. Best wishes and stop in when you can! ~ Laie

• Good Morning!

This morning I woke just as I finished a dream and because I woke abruptly I forgot Exactly what was occurring but here's as much as I remember ....

RC & Paddi were having a conversation and both were very happy and animated. They were sharing info about how each had found ways to deal with the things in daily life that bothered them. The conversation was all about encouragement and at the end one said to the other that she always has a rose quartz with her and the other said, me too, and they laughed!

The dream brightened my waking moment & had to share, kind of neat ... 2 Taurus women and a connection to rose quartz. Pretty special! Hope it brightens your day!

~ Laie

• LOL that is a lovely dream laie, indeed RC and I have had absolutely no contact for ages, I really miss the weekly chats we used to have, I guess we are both busy in our little worlds. RC, I miss you girl!

Hugs to all, am wrecked, just got back from shopping (food for which I remain thankful that I can fill up the shopping trolley each week) and it was a huge storm and the 4 kids were all screaming as they hate thunder and it was flooding down...never mind I am thankful for the shopping which is now tidied away and for the rain which keeps our planet green. And for the cup of tea I am now drinking.

xxPaddi

• Paddi- I'm glad you are in a happy place, I told RC about Lai4' dream. I too am really into my dreams now better than being awoke, I resist waking as long as I can.

Aunt Buck- Good for you! Back 2 school I've been thinking of that too, you are ahead of me, Action VS Procrastination, thats me.

Shee- Take all the time you need! September is supposed to be full of good exciting energy for us, we just have to survive August.

Bee- It's gonna get better, I'm going thru stuff too can't give up we have come too far. Victory is on the other side of adversity! Anything that keeps coming up is for release and healing, that much I know. I thank God for bringing all of YOU'S into my life, a pod of beautiful fishies in the sea of life. Thought we were getting this Hurricane Irene but think she's going to N.C. instead.

I'm thankful for the healing energies all around me.

I'm thankful that there is still Peace in the midst of the storms.

I'm thankful for learning something new everyday.

I'm thankful that I read the Beautiful Rumi poems, THANKS LAI4.

THANKFUL FOR LOVE, LIFE, LIBERTY AND DREAMS!

AMEN!

LOVED RUMI! AWESOME WORDS!

BLESSINGS TO ALL! LOVE TO ALL, PEACE! AND MUCH LIGHT!

• Just a thought, I for some reason read this again:

"The 5th Night of the 9th Wave occurs from August 18th to September the 4th. The midpoint of this cycle will be August 26th and 27th. The 5th Night is the darkest period of each cycle and is described as a time of destruction. This is a very difficult energy and can be a point of crisis. Thankfully it is relatively short compared to the previous 5th Nights of the other cycles."

Guess whats on the way to the States and is to be a Cat 4 Hurricane, Irene Geez.

Arriving on Sat R Sun 26 r 27. Pray for where ever she's going. Destructive.

• Hi Poetic --- Just taking a break from cooking up a storm --- stuffed peppers, eggplant parm, lasagne, and because the bananas were looking sad--banana cake & banana bread. Trying to get ahaead of meals while we're having cooler weather. I had the same thought about the 5th on Saturday or Sunday when I was doing research but, at the time, I didn't know about an impending hurricane. Doesn't look good. I'm glad you loved Rumi!!! Beautiful astral butterfly, suits U!

Hi Paddi --- Glad you made it home safe & sound with the kiddos! I ran to the market early this morning. Must be something energizing in the air to get chores done. I didn't know you and RC talked regularly --- thats wonderful --- It was such a pleasant dream!

Have a great day !

• Earth Quake? Didn't feel anything but had three dizzy moments and wondered. ??? Ramonitas daughter is near me in CT, isn't she? Gotta go turn on the news! Stay light & love filled!

• Hey all- is good to see everyone here. and Aunt Buck too. yay- thanks poetic, i am sure things will get better too, at least I am hoping they do anyway, i am glad you didn't have that hurricane, but also not wanting to wish it on anyone else either, i hope it doesn't cause too much damage to where it is heading. Hey Laie4 is so good to see you around somemore. I hope to hear more from ramonita, too, miss her. lots. should give her a email really, I have a doctors appointment for thursday, going to check and get blood tests done- so i can sort out why im feeling dizzy. anyway is glad to see all, missing Zep too. Always thinking of all of you.

Love n hugs Bee/Lotus.

I am Thankful for music.

I am Thankful for the journey I am on

I am Thankful for being me.

I am Thankful for family, spiritual family, and friends.

I am Thankful for shelter, food, and water.

Love n light Lotus/Bee

Learned Self-Reliance

The Negative Effects of Spoiling Children

Daily Om Message

When children are spoiled we do them a great disservice because they are not being allowed to earn and learn.

Parents are moved by instinct to love, nurture, and provide for their offspring. Because our children are so much a part of us, we want to see them blissfully happy. Also, our own desire to be liked, materialist pressures, and a fervent wish that our children have everything we lacked as youngsters can prompt us to spoil them. However, while it might seem that buying your child expensive gifts will give them fond memories of childhood or that you can heal your emotional wounds by doting on your sons and daughters, you may be unconsciously interfering with your children’s evolutional development. One of the most precious gifts you can grant your children is the true independence they gain when they learn to earn what they covet and become stewards of their own happiness. Try allowing your children to experience life to the fullest. Let them work and earn what they want. When the time comes for them to go to college and enter the workforce, you will have the confidence that yo! u have raised a child that can both enter and contribute to society confidently.

When children are not afforded the opportunity to explore self-reliance, to understand that with possession comes price, and to fulfill their own needs, they develop a sense of entitlement that blinds them to the necessity of hard work and the needs of others. We may spoil children because giving them gifts is pleasurable. Or we may want to avoid conflict out of fear that our children won’t love us. Yet children who are given acceptance, love, and affection in abundance are often kinder, more charitable, and more responsible than those whose parents accede to their every material demand. They develop a strong sense of self that stretches beyond possessions and the approval of their peers, and as adults they understand that each individual is responsible for building the life they desire. If you find yourself giving in to your child’s every whim, ask yourself why. You may discover that you are trying to answer for what you feel is lacking in your own life.

Rearing your children to respect the value of money and self-sufficiency as they grow from infants to young adults is a challenging but rewarding process. It can be difficult to watch a child struggle to meet a personal goal yet wonderful to be by their side as they achieve it. Your choice not to spoil your children will bless you with more opportunities to show them understanding and compassion and to be fully present with them as they journey toward adulthood.

• Hello Everyone,

Iam thankful for my air conditoning in car and dwelling in this 105 degree heat

Iam thankful I can dance and make friends doing it

Iam thankful for my cat that gives me a massage everyday with TLC

Iam thankful for my clairvoyant gift , so that I can help others find the best choices possible while walking their earth school pathway.

Iam grateful for my teeth (LOL) Yes , because I love to eat.

Shuabby

• Becca I am sitting here wondering why you posted that about children, not having any children yourself. What was your thought behind it? I am just curious.

• Hola Chica's can stop any now at night, when someone is not on! Love Yall!

• I AM THANKFUL TO BE HERE TODAY AMONG SO MANY BEAUTIFUL SPIRTUAL AND CARING SISTERS,

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE NEW THREAD,

I AM THANKFUL TO SEE SO MANY ONCE AGAIN ON THE THREAD,

I AM THANKFUL TO GOD FOR THE LIFE HE HAS GIVEN ME.

I AM THANKFUL TO MY GRANDKIDS, FOR FILLING ME WITH THIER LOVE

I AM SO THANKFUL TO HAVE THEM,

EVEN IF THE WORK IS IMMENSE,

I AM THANKFUL THAT SHIELA, LAIE, AND EVEN ANGEL BEE, SORRY LOTUS PRINCESS RETURN.

I AM SO THANKFUL TO LEARN NEW THINGS EACH DAY

I AM THANKFUL TO BE ABLE TO STILL GET AROUND,

I AM THANKFUL FOR WHEN I SLIP, THERES ALWAYS A HAND TO PICK ME UP,

TODAY I GIVE MORE THAN THANKS, MY DAUGHTER IS WELL, AND SO IS MY DAUGHTER IN LAW SISTER WHO LIVES IN VIRGINIA,

I AM THANKFUL THAT SOON IT WILL BE TIME BACK TO REST FOR ME,

I AM SO THANKFUL THAT THE KIDS ARE BACK TO SCHOOL,

AND THE OLDEST ONE IS MAKING PLANS FOR HIS FUTURE,

STARTING TO MAKE CONCERTE PLANS TO ACHIEVE HIS GOALS,

I AM THANKFUL THAT GOD HAS BLESS US IN SO MANY WAYS,

LAIE, MY DAUGHTER IS O.K. SHE WAS AT WORK WHEN THE EARTHQUAKE HIT,

SHE DOES AS YOU MENTION LIVE IN CONECTICUT, BUT WORKS IN WHITE PLANS NEW YORK, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THINKING ABOUT HER, I TRULY BELIEVE THAT ALL THE SISTERS ON THIS THREAD PRAY FOR EVERYONES SAFETY, I AM TRULY GRATEFUL,

LAIE, YOU ARE EXTREMELY BUSY LATELY NOW THAT YOUR DAUGHTER IS GETTING MARRIED, I PRAY THAT SHE RECIEVES ALOTS AND LOTS OF HAPPINESS IN HER MARRIAGE, MAY HER DAYS BE AS BRIGHT AS THE SUN,

PADDI, I AM HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU MADE IT THROUGH THE STORM AND THAT YOUR CHILDREN ARE FINE,

POETIC, THANK YOU FOR SENDING ME THIS INFORMATION, I JUST NEED TIME TO ORGANIZE MY SCHEDULE TO BE ABLE TO COME IN MORE OFTEN, IT IS ALWAYS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR TO COME TO THE THANKFUL FORUM.

LOTUS PRINCESS, IT FELT GOOD TO READ SOMETHING YOU WROTE, I NEED TO CALL U, I REALLY HAVE NO CLUE AT TIMES WHERE MY TIME GOES, ALL I AM AWARE OF IS THAT EACH SECOND OF MY DAYS, I AM ALWAYS BUSY,

MY JOURNEY,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN, IT MEANS FAR MORE THAN YOU KNOW, I JUST READ IT ON THE INTERNET, WHAT I DID NOT KNOW IT HIT AS FAR AS ONTARIO, THAT IS PRETTY STRONG,

I DONT KNOW IF WHERE POETIC IS, THINDER WAS AS BAD AS IT WAS HERE, IT WAS PRETTY SCARY,

AGAIN I GIVE THANKS FOR IT IS OVER NOW,

AUNT BUCK, I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU WENT BACK TO SCHOOL, AND THAT YOU ARE ENNJOYING IT,

I PRAY THAT EVERYONE CONTINUES SAFE, THAT U ALL HAVE A TRULY BLESS DAY.