Question for the Captain... :)

• I just got together with an old boyfriend over the weekend and had a great time...I know that you said that relationships that are not necessarily perfect can be worked on and lead to great relationships in the end...You did a relationship thing for my birthdate for me and his birthdate came up in the love affair section...I was just wondering if it would be possible to work on the relationship enough for it to actually work out...he has kids, I have kids, and he is now paralyzed from a major injury...so I am just wondering if there is any possibility of this working out?? His birthdate was June 21st 1982, and mine is April 11th, 1980...Also, all of our kids got along so very well, it was wonderful to visit this man and his family. 🙂

Thank you in advance for any information you can give me. 🙂

Laci 🙂

• This relationship can hold a seductive kind of charm for the two of you, while at the same time making you recklessly rebellious against its possessive and cloying attitudes. Its seductive power, in fact, can prove to be too much of a good thing. You Hobbles may begin with very protective feelings toward your friend, and once your sympathy is aroused, it is only a small step for you to fall head over heels in love. Seductive to the extreme, your old boyfriend may be unconsciously leading you on without realizing it. Actually though, he is more likely to become devoted to you than you to him, as you may become uncomfortable with the extent of his feelings, and if so might feel forced to rebel. He can give you the emotional understanding you need, but is unlikely to receive the same from you in return. You can be too over-protective and may stifle his development. Otherwise, however as a love affair it can work out well. You Hobbles can have a positive effect on your friend by bringing him more into touch with society and the world around him. You in turn will benefit from his sympathetic shoulder to cry or lean on.

Should marriage loom, on the other hand, your old friend is much too private as a person to be happy with the kind of entourage with which you can surround yourself, especially at home. Territorial conflicts may also arise, since both of you (and especially your friend) must be able to call your home your own. If the marriage is to have a chance, both of you will have to learn to share, adjust, and accommodate. Responsibility and trust would have to be developed for this love relationship to work out.

• Dear Captain,

That is interesting that you say he will be the one to more likely be infatuated this time around as he said something to that effect while "joking" the other day... Taking things slow, honest and being careful would be the best way to go...I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you yet again for your kindness!

Laci 🙂