Help with Interpretation of HEXAGRAM 42 "increase"

• Hi nsaigal,

I will give it a go. As MyJourney said there aren't much IChing readers on this forum as there used to be. I dabble once in a while.

Hexagram 42: Increase

Substantial progress and increasing prosperity is pointed to. In whatever forms it takes, periods of increase are exhilarating, as long as you go with the flow while it lasts and keep the interests of others in mind. Like white water on a river, periods of increase are often of short duration; it furthers one, therefore, to shoot the rapids now, while the opportunity is there.

You said that he confessed and then withdrew.

To me the Hexagram is trying to tell you that substantial progress and prosperity is much in your reach. However way you both decide to approach this you need to go with the flow, be mindful and don't rush it. The chance of growth is there and that when you keep each others interests with little pressure it will increase.

Like white water on a river, periods of increase are often of short duration; it furthers one, therefore, to shoot the rapids now, while the opportunity is there. <

You got to imagine the movement of water. When there is a underlying current it reaches the shore/destination faster. The current makes it posible to further/transport. It can happen fast (to shoot the rapids now), while the opportunity is there.

I am going to be very carefull in interpreting this in regards to your question. He loves you yet the feelings from both sides needs nurturing and patience. There could be a sudden burst of all sorts of exciting things between you so yes..there is potential.

Yet as with water when disturbing the natural state/flow it gets all fuzzy. Just remember that.

I hope this make sense. I Ching is not always easy to translate. If you had changing lines they might clarify more. But this is my best guess. What I do when I don't get it right away ...I leave it for a few days and look at the answer from a different angle. And mostly it makes sense then.

Flow.