Advice on this overwhelming anxiety latley

• Oh Scully I feel for ya, I know just what you mean. I think once you've experienced it, it can be triggered by events in our lives no matter how much time seems to have passed. Yea I used to feel like I was getting really hot, sweating, the pulse would race, short of breath that panic feeling. It passes but seems like it lasts forever in the moment.

I wonder if a panic attack is in some way a precurser, like our bodies reaction to the stress, that hasn't reached a heart attack but has caused overwhelm to our systems thus giving us the similar feelings. Mind you I'm no medical doctor simply speculating aloud so to speak. Any thoughts on that?

• bluecat you're definitely not alone! Even in those moments of panic, remember that. Just as loved ones are a close as a heart beat away, friends are just a thought away. Sometimes that can help even if it's just a little.

• Well te doctors say its defintly not a heart attack, because if you go to the er having one with your heart racing they'll do an ekg, and if its panic attack the ekg will come back normal, if your breathing funny they will give you breathing treatment or oxygen, sometimes but those tests will come back normal too if if its panic attack. It defintly changes the body chemistry though, its the chemical release, and theres just appearant reason for it, so we get hyper sensitive to it, and freak out, because the adreniline, cortisole release makes things feel tingly, or causes the digestive system to shut down preparing for some sort of battle I guess,so I guess that feel like a stroke or a heart attack to the person going through it, even though it all starts in the brain. Either way, even knowing that, it really does just plain suck lol!

• So true,bluecat...though i have other words i can think of for having these attacks.like right now I'm in the middle of one and my body is racing my brain is on high alert:( i can't think, i can't breathe but yet i am breathing and thinking lol..because I'm writing, trying to push this craziness out into the universe...

i am so sick of the not knowing. $%#@#$%^&&^%$#$%^&^%$#%&&&%%$##%&* it feels like your insides are about to com-bust. should i go to th ER or is this a test, thinking what if this is a heart attack this time! only to be told that everything is fine and I'm just having a panic/anxiety attack, yet my body is going through the feeling of fear,scared to move, crazy thoughts running through my head, like what going to happen to my 11 year old daughter, who will care for her...i cry and make myself worse...i'm sick of living like this! and it sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like your body is on speed or something. i just want to rest, i have been up most of the night trying to breathe, pray,count, ect...

sorry everyone, for just dropping this here, but i think it helps educate people, "that these attacks take over your life at times

and are very real..."

Peace,Love and Light

may these attacks we are having or had, be blown up into the universe so NO man, women, or child need to suffer through the not knowing when a attack wll end or begin..

Namaste to all

Sheila

• Me again, i also just want people to know that your life can be going good, it doesn't have to be stressful for the attacks to happen, for me anyways...its not that I'm worried about anything in paticular...my daughter and i have our needs, we are safe, all my children are happy and healthy.and i'm loved and in love...

namaste

peace,light and love

shee

• Exactly My Journey, often times nothing has to be wrong in our lives, if we think back we will realize we have handled amazing amounts of stress before, we have been pillars of strength, and optimsim at any given time in our lives. I can't beileve some of the things I have got through without meds or anxiety at all, but then it just happens. We do tend to worry and feel guilt toward the children when this hits, thats for sure. I guess we have a harder time letting that worry go because we can say we don't care about this or that, but we do care for our children, but truthfully , even in an attack you won't let anthing happen to your child, sometimes its best just to explain it to them, my oldest use to be really scared of them when it happend to me, but now he says "your fine Mom", its just your nerves, everythings fine. He actually prides himself with knowing how to get me to chill out. I obviously hope and pray they don't learn or inherit it, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. You can teach yor daughter to help you through it, invite her to hug you or tell you everythings fine. I love that image you posted of the moon angel, shes awsome! Where did you find it?

• Hey blue, yes my daughter does do these things you suggested, but she also has to put up with my fibromialgia attacks.all the guilt a parent feels on top of this:(

My pictures, i think i have become a picture hoarder lol..they just have to catch my eye and mean something to me or a post...some i take from others rotflmao they know hehe...hope you have a great day:)

peace,love and light

Sheila

aka shatz

• Sheila

So sorry to hear you've been suffering so with all this anxiety. I hear ya, the anxiety can come on for what seems like no reason at all. The attacks can last a few minutes or go on for what seems like forever. One of my recollections is how these would often over take me when I was shopping. I'd feel like I was going to pass out or need to run to relieve myself, hoping I had enough time, so sure the whole store was watching me go through this and realizing later no one else even seemed to notice. For a long time I worried that it was money induced and given how life has ended up maybe that wasn't far off. In any case my friend know that you are not alone that we are here to listen and care and help in any way we can. You will get through this breathe......breathing seems to be the key to so many remedies. I don't understand why we aren't taught that at a young age.

Hang in there!

• Hey sheila/My Journey

, I can understand where your coming from, I didn't realize you had panic/anxiety attacks, sounds like its bad, i use to get them when i was little, and with my asthma, that wasnt always good,

some of the stuff you said before i have felt, also use to get palpitations and such too thats the feeling where your heart feels like its coming out of your chest or body. in the past two years, i know i have at least a couple of small anxiety attacks, especially recently. just the dizziness, n the not being able to breath feeling, is enough to freak anyone out lol. i definitely get some of the chest pains too, but only every once in a while. I hope they calm down for you, soon. and your not having them on a day to day basis. 🙂 Love you Hugs Bee Xx

• like bluecat wrote, the same for me,life hits us with allot of turmoil and we make it through with out an attack. with me loosing my dad then 4 months loosing my partner almost 5 years ago, never once did i get my attacks like i am now...Bluecat was helping me on another site...thanks blue you helped me alot....

now i feel bad i cannot help you, but it does help knowing that you are not alone in this craziness...unless you have gone through them how could you not think you were having a heart attack or stroke because of all the symptoms that go with having a heart attack or stroke the attacks feel just like it:(

bluecat is your medication kicking in yet and can you tell me what you are taking?

Namaste

love and light

shee

• I hadn't realized I helped you Shatz, but I'm glad I could at that time:) I had thought that I beat it, it was gone and I had started to piece my life back together, after ditching my doctor and coming off 350mg of effexor, I was lucky to be standing up, my new doctor said that was too much, then everything happend and it hit me again after a year, was off meds so I wasn't prepared for it. Funny you ask that about meds, because I was just at the doctor today, so far he has tried me on cymbolta, pristiq, and desipramine. I didn't last a week on cymbolta, or a day on pristiq, despramine has been ok but its pretty old school what they used before some of us of were born, I noticed it helping the symptoms, but not the mental anxiety, infact that got a little worse, so he said n more of that and wanted to go back to effexor, i said No Way, I lost myself on that, so now we are on to celexa. I am obviously leary of trying yet another one, but I'm going to start it and see what happens. I'm really glad I started this thread because its obvious a lot of us were sort of suffering in silence. I know theres forums everywhere for it, but I am happy here with all of you:) I also feel like are all sensitive, empathetic people here, that feel a lot of things that aren't even coming from us in a way. Shatz, i can see how loosing loved ones would bring that on too.

• Today, I decided to stop waiting for anyone else to give a you know about anything going on with me, the people in my life I mean, and just try God and self trust, come what may, and I had the greatest day in a very long time, sometimes when your feeling brave you just want to keep going and go everywhere you were afraid to go for awhile, and just drive and drive and drive, because you don't always know how you'll feel tommorow, for instance I did this today with no meds, just took my kids to amusement park alone, normally that would have brought on some help me Jesus moments, but I was okay, I'm glad I didn't wait for anyone else to get off their arses and go with us, because they wouldn't have been doing me any favors anyway, I did not freak, I stayed and we had a blast. That brings me to the dilemma of starting celexa, wondering if it will take me back ,or forward, or back then forward, no clue

• I ahd to copy the moon angel Shatz, just to pretty:)

• Update, I'm currantly med free, and the anxiety has taken a break from me Thank God, I prayed my way out of a lot of this I beielve, because not waking with it is just amazing, and I am very very grateful. can't fully explain why its gone, but it is for now:)

• If I keep feeling better and better like this, I'm going to compile some of the things I did, since it was med free this time, and pass it along, every little bit helps with this stuff. I encourage everyone to do the same, its amazing how our brain will grasp the concept eventually, we may not know when , but it will I guess I'm proof because its gotten way better!

• I'm very happy for you blue...you take any pictures you want from me lol...i'l try and check this thread every couple of days..i have been on a mini break:) I'm weaning myself off Prozac and getting ready to try ,oops brain fog moment...i'll let you know.I think it was on your list of meds to have tried..umm maybe pristique (sp)?

love and light

shee

• Good luck to you, try to stay strong and positive, I'll be praying for your road back to being free!

• Shatz, how are you doing? I'm still debating trying celexa, I have good days and hard ones, not out of the woods yet, and theres always something, someone to stir the pot, bring about the stress, but we can change and emerge for the better, and we can stand still when we need to as well, regardless of what the world is doing. Does anyone want to share what they fear? or stress over? what they dread? Look forward too? I want to share that certain things we do can change how our mind percieves what its seeing as overload or anxiety attacks, its work, it won't do it overnight, but it will sink in little by little. First thing i learned this week, do something you enjoy thats interactive, keeps your hands busy, this sends a signal that you are productive, and happy and totally Not anxious! Use your other hand, not the dominant one for a few minutes to jot anything down, or cook, ect, the harder the task the better for that, write this down, and read it everyday, No Fear, No anxiety, No worries, I am capable, and I have Heavens Help, I'm not alone, but I am safe and capable within myself, I have all I need to do whatever I want or need too. If you get ancy, chew gum, even if your not a chewer, this does seem to help, your keeping busy in a way. Using our senses, the sense of smell is suppose to be the fastest to respond to anxiety, try eculuptus, lavender, sandalwood. Drink chamomile if you feel it coming on, it helps. For flight or fight, say I can run away form this internal false alarm, but I'm okay, I don't have to run away , and I fi don't have to run away, I don't have to sit still and be afraid either. Also, if under a bad panic, tell it to STOP, several times, then breath through, letting your heart know it can slow down now, ect.

• Shatz, how are you doing? I'm still debating trying celexa, I have good days and hard ones, not out of the woods yet, and theres always something, someone to stir the pot, bring about the stress, but we can change and emerge for the better, and we can stand still when we need to as well, regardless of what the world is doing. Does anyone want to share what they fear? or stress over? what they dread? Look forward too? I want to share that certain things we do can change how our mind percieves what its seeing as overload or anxiety attacks, its work, it won't do it overnight, but it will sink in little by little. First thing i learned this week, do something you enjoy thats interactive, keeps your hands busy, this sends a signal that you are productive, and happy and totally Not anxious! Use your other hand, not the dominant one for a few minutes to jot anything down, or cook, ect, the harder the task the better for that, write this down, and read it everyday, No Fear, No anxiety, No worries, I am capable, and I have Heavens Help, I'm not alone, but I am safe and capable within myself, I have all I need to do whatever I want or need too. If you get ancy, chew gum, even if your not a chewer, this does seem to help, your keeping busy in a way. Using our senses, the sense of smell is suppose to be the fastest to respond to anxiety, try eculuptus, lavender, sandalwood. Drink chamomile if you feel it coming on, it helps. For flight or fight, say I can run away form this internal false alarm, but I'm okay, I don't have to run away , and I fi don't have to run away, I don't have to sit still and be afraid either. Also, if under a bad panic, tell it to STOP, several times, then breath through, letting your heart know it can slow down now, ect. and be grateful fo rthe anxiety free times!

• Hi Blue,

the double post got me lol...i have started pristique (sp) Friday i had a mini melt down at my Dr's. office coming of my Prozac for 2 weeks left me pretty vulnerable..If I didn't have my 11 year old daughter, i would have completely surrendered and not in a good way:( My partner was over for a couple of days and I'm telling you if i was him i would have walked out my door...At least my daughter and him had each other.i am so sick of apologizing that is causing more anxiety...theres only so much i can say,explain,sending articles, on what i am going through...In turn all of this causes more depression/anxiety/and panic.

i have more to write, i am writing it out in word so i don't loose my thoughts and post lol...i'll be back in a bit...i didn't want you to think i left you and your thread:)

love and light

Blessings

shee