Help interpreting Careers in Life Spread with Anchor

• Hi All,

I'm Sarah and new to this forum & tarot. I did a life spread with Anchor, which I need some help with in the Career section. The relevant Anchor card is The Devil. The 4 cards in the life spread are - six of wands, 9 of cups, 10 of pentacles and 5 of swords.

I would be very grateful for any thoughts.

Thank you in advance.

Sarah

• Hello Sarah,

Thanks for the question. I'm afraid I don't know that spread, can you tell me what the positional meanings are and which card was in each position please?

In general:

6 of Wands = victory

9 of Cups = dreams/wishes coming true

10 of Coins = fulfilment/culmination of work. Wealth (usually an abundance of)

5 of Swords = Conflict, sometimes inner-conflict. Blockages. Ambition in the negative sense.

Devil = Temptation. Passions.

Overall it looks positive. If this career is something you are passionate about however, make sure you don't become overly-aggressive in your pursuit of it.

I hope that helps.

Love & light,

Marc

• Thanks for coming back to me! It is a spread from a book on how to learn to read tarot. It is a 21 card spread, with cards 9-12 being related to career. Within the anchor card 3, relates to this section - in this case the Devil. The 6 of wands is in the 'influence' position which apparently means an important factor in relation to this area or pertinent event and ties the other 3 together. The other 3 cards came in this order: 9 of cups, 10 of pentacles, 5 of swords. It is a non-fixed spread so cards may show various combinations of past, present, future in progression.

If it helps at all in the anchor, in the central position was the Tower - meaning it connects to all areas.

All other areas of the Life spread I can relate to, some incredibly well. It is just the career section I'm having trouble with. For background, I am currently on maternity and very seriously considering handing my notice in.

Thank you again! Sarah

• I do get the sense that this career is something you are passionate about. So if you are thinking of handing in your notice, then you are on the right track. Seems to me like you are about to make a breakthrough and start realising some of your dreams with regards to a career/vocation. Something you were born to do.

It also seems like you will be successful, more so than you care to believe, but the work will be on-going and you must be careful not to let the success go to your head. This work will be for the betterment of others, the side effect of which will be to your own betterment.

Love & light,

Marc

• Thank you so much. It is so helpful to have another perspective. It did throw me a bit, as I was pretty much convinced I am going to hand my notice in. I am definately not passionate about my current job!

Much love & light to you,

Sarah