Spiritual kick in the pants

• Morning all! Feeling like I could use a good (metophorical) spirit kick in the pants to bust me out of this funk I'm in. I have way too much to be thankful for to be feeling so grouchy! 🙂

• Morning! I know what you mean...I think there's something going around in the cosmos that's affecting things in general. Here's my contribution to the spiritual kick in the pants:

I love Bruce Lee...what an amazing man he was. Very much ahead of his time and very disciplined in mind and body. One of my favorite sayings by him is "Be like water. Flow like water flows". He went on to explain that as life changes, we should flow with it, the way that water flows along its' path. So whenever I feel like I have no control over the events around me in my life, I remember what Bruce Lee said about water. Then I try to just let things unfold as they will and flow with it, because I know that eventually, things will change and I'll be right where I'm supposed to be. Only maybe less frazzled. 🙂

My brother on the other hand, has a different philosophy. When life gets overwhelming to him, he says, "Sometimes ya just gotta laugh. Because that's all you can do. If you have to choose a way to deal, why choose being angry or sad? Laugh...it'll release those endorphines that will make you feel better and help lift you up so that you can deal with things better."

Things I am thankful for:

My awesome son, who beat cancer at age 4, and has been in remission for 13 1/2 years now.

That we both are healthy.

That even though Life isn't ideal, I am still able to pay the bills and take care of our needs. Sometimes it's a little tough and I have to juggle, but most days I do it.

I am thankful that I'm optimistic by nature (my Leo side). It helps me get through the tough times. I may not always see the forest through the trees, but if I go down in flames, at least I can see the upside to it, lol...

I'm thankful for my sense of humor, too. Because sometimes ya just gotta laugh...

And last but not least...here's a GREAT BIG HUG to start your week! HUGS

• Darkness_Angel,

Thank you so much for the positive words! I love the thoughts from Bruce Lee. I sometimes wonder if I'm feeling rapids in what amounts to calm water! You are absolutely right in that no matter where the water moves you, it will be exactly where you need to be. And as for your brother's laughter philosophy - it's sometimes the only way to get through the toughest times! 🙂

I am thankful for my great relationship with my soon to be ex husband, my amazing friends, my best friends who are the sisters of my heart, my sweet dog, my goofy cats, my wonderful and supportive family, the gorgeous roof over my head, my awesome job, and the sweet guy who gave me the much needed kick to get my life moving in the direction it's going.

I've seriously got all I could want. I think I just need to find the faith to realize here is exactly where I need to be right now, that skipping ahead isn't an option, and to just relish the moment!

Thanks for the giant Monday-morning hug! And here's a giant HUG right back atcha!