Deep issues

• Thank you for reading in advance. I feel like this is a vain problem. I've been suffering with skin issues (acne) for as long as I can recall. It's messed with my confidence since 7th grade and I'm now 25. I've been to the dermatologistbut nothing really has helped. What I'm asking is what caused this and is there anything I can do to get rid of it? I'm thankful to have a great boyfriend who doesn't care that I have this issue. Well thank you again for reading.

Saw 2/6/86

• Our own thought patterns effect the health of our body. Each emotional thought pattern is really an underlying "cause" of a physical illness, and understanding the illness can help you address the cause and thereby ridding the body of the disease. According to healer Louise Hay, acne is not accepting or disliking of self. And the worse the acne gets, the more you dislike yourself so it is a vicious cycle that needs to be broken.

If you’re an acne sufferer, you probably know all about the connection between stress and your acne. At times of stress and anxiety, it gets worse… and not just because you’re more likely to pick at it. Thought patterns like ‘I’m not good enough’ or ‘I can’t be myself’. They both cause a lot of stress for your mind and body. Changing specific negative thoughts and beliefs associated with acne - and eliminating the stress they cause - is one of the keys to healing.

If you’ve addressed the physical and nothing gives, then it is time to look at the emotional or spiritual aspects of your skin condition. Any and all thoughts and emotions of self-rejection and self-criticism and a lack of support for the self are associated with acne.

So, if you suffer from acne, let me ask you…Are any of the following thought/behaviour patterns very familiar to you?

Feeling not good enough – not as adequate/blessed/lucky/attractive as other people

Sacrificing yourself and putting yourself last on your list

Hiding who you are because you’re afraid other people won’t approve of you

Neglecting your self-nurture and self-care – not taking time out to give back to yourself

Feeling like you can never do things well enough/chronic perfectionism

Criticizing yourself and beating yourself up

Do you treat yourself as well as you would want others to treat you? That is the question to ask when healing acne, and eliminating the stress that contributes to it. It’s all about your relationship with yourself.