A Newbie Pleads for Wisdom....

• Hi. I am new to Tarot (this forum and the deck). Yesterday, I felt the need to purchase a deck. I don't know if I made the wrong decision, but I purchased a deck based upon Shakespeare because I am a practicing poet. I also purchased the book Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom, which was in a seperate section of the New Age store. Interestingly enough, I walked right to that section (dif't area of the store behind some displays) without ever being in the store before. So I think I'm on the right track.

So my question is this, I need help with a reading. I followed the example for the Celtic Cross, with my Significator being the Lord of Sceptres, which was the suit I was drawn to for this reading.

My question was about my future writing poetry.

The following sequence in the Celtic Cross is what I drew. Because this is a Shakespeare deck, the minor cards ahve quotes on them which I have included here.

1: Death XIII (reversed)

2: Hanging Man XII

3: The Sun XIX

4: The Hermit IX (reversed)

5: Sceptres VI -"All's done, all's won"

6: Queen of Sceptres

7: Sceptres VIII - "All things be ready if our minds be so"

8: Sceptres VII - "Screw your courage to the sticking place and we'll not fail"

9: The Empress III (reversed)

10: Sceptres V (reversed) - "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"

I am struggling to read this, and I do not know if the quotes are important or not. I think they may be because my significator shows a Lord on a horse and the outcome card is about a horse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and hopefully I will be able to repay you in kind one day soon.