Love spread - need insight please

• Hi! I met a guy recently - we were introduced to each other by mutual friends. We went out twice and he was the one who asked me out both times. He was the one who added me on facebook first and asked for my phone number, etc. When we're together we have fun - we like going to concerts. we have very similar music tastes - but he's somehow aloof when we're not together. I know he's interested but he takes this thing reaaally slow. I mean painfully slow for me because he's the one guy I've really come to like in years. It's been 4 days and he hasn't called since then for example.. Only last night I casually invited him to a concert by texting him but he said he wasn't feeling well enough because he went out the previous night, to another concert and drank a lot. Well, this is ok with me because we don't have to do everything together, after all we're not dating yet. I'm 33. He's too. I'm virgo, he's a leo. I've been doing one card tarot spreads mostly and it's been going well in fact. However, somehow I feel that I have to be really patient with this guy because it feels like he's the one, you know what I mean? - but last night I was really fed up with the situation and told myself for the last time I'll pick up a card to see the ultimate result and what I got was

The Hierophant.

Then this morning I couldn't help it again and did a 3 card spread so here's what I got.

Situation as it is: Queen of Pentacles

Course of Action to be Taken: Strength

New Situation that Will Evolve: Page of Wands

Cards are Rider Waite, btw.

So what does this all mean? Is there hope? Help please.

• Bump!

Is there noone to help? Please?

• You already know what you need to do. As the Strength card suggests, this is about learning to rely on your own inner strength, your intuition which you mentioned is telling you to be patient.

The Hierophant card is reminding you to bring peace and harmony to your "crisis". Bring yourself back down to earth, stop focusing on "what if's" and worrying about the future and instead live in the now. While you can influence the future, you cannot directly control it, but remember you can influence it both positively and negatively. Which would you rather?

The Queen of Pentacles in this spread is you. You are facing the unknown, something you are not used to - in essence, this guy's behaviour towards you. Your pragmatism leads you to fear that which you consider to be "strange". You want him to fit in with your ideals and your values, but your challenge here is to let that viewpoint go.

As I mentioned, call upon your inner strength or inner knowing. Trust your instinct and what you will get is something new and exciting (Page of Wands). Imagine a child going out to play, exploring all sorts of places, climbing trees, and constantly wanting to go "somewhere". An optimistic energy and a time for new learnings and new adventures.

I want to say to you to be mindful of your energy here. Your thoughts and words. You are affecting the outcome. Stay positive and stay strong 🙂

Love & light,

Marc

• You're awesome Marc, thank you sooo much!

I know I need to stop worrying but can't help it:) But I'll follow what you say. You're so right and give me hope. Btw, today I learnt that the he told my friends( who introduced us to each other )that he was glad to have met me and finds me attractive etc. but of course he doesn't feel as strong as me, for now 🙂 and i'm not used to that or i should say that I wish he was more into it you know. Ok, i'm doing the same thing again. I'll just go with the flow. 🙂 I think we women tend to get obsessed easily while men tend to have a more relaxed attitude. But this guy is particularly strange, as you've said I can't fit him anywhere... also about the strength card, his star sign is Leo and in the card there's a lion being tamed by a woman. Is it also possible to regard it as a sign?

Btw, I think I shouldn't overdo tarot I suppose? I usually do a one card pick whenever I feel like it but more than once a day. How often should I do it? Or should I stop all together?

Thank you so much again, for your invaluable insights. I'll stay positive and strong, promise:)

Denise.

• Hello Denise,

I just read that the wands suit can represent passion, so the Page of Wands could indicate a new passion is on the horizon! 🙂

As for the strength card, again trust your instincts. If it feels like a sign then it probably is. For what it's worth, I believe that it is. The basic story behind the strength card is that of the woman using her inner strength and calm to tame a powerful beast. The end result is that they both greatly benefit.

Some tarot decks call the Strength card Power or Lust (there we go with the notion of passion again 😉 ). Think of fire. Unbridled, fire can be a very destructive force, yet placed under control say in a fireplace, and suddenly it becomes a life-sustaining energy. But its essence hasn't changed.

In a similar way, the two of you have a lot to give to each other and a lot to learn from each other. The two of you will benefit greatly from this relationship.

As for your Tarot readings, I guess the trick is not to ask too many trivial questions or selfish questions. It's fine on occasion. We all need a bit of fun, we all need an ego boost or rub. As long as you don't trivialise the process you'll be fine. I suggest you stick with a daily card for reflection. Ask "For my higher or greater good, what do I need to know today?"

By asking for your higher good, you are demonstrating your intention to remove "ego" from the question. As far as your higher good is concerned, the outcome or lesson (whatever it may be) is best for you and everyone involved.

Anything else you want will depend on what you want to achieve from doing Tarot readings. At which point it all comes down to the simple advice of "you reap what you sow". So if you want to get a lot out of it, you're going to have to put a lot into it.

I hope that helps.

Love & light,

Marc

• Thank you thank you thank you Marc. Of course it helps greatly! Your words are like poetry! So insightful and enlightening.

"a new passion is on the horizon!" I like that 🙂 In fact, I've been getting strength card quite often lately.

And thanks for the tip about the frequency of readings and the questions. I admit I've been asking very specific questions every time. "Asking for higher good", I'll do that from now on and stay hopeful. 🙂

Love and all the best to you 🙂

Denise