I would love some guidance on a relationship timing issue

• I've been told in the past through psychic and astrology readings that I'd meet my future husband between July 2010 and November 2011. Last august I met someone I only thought of as a friend. I'd been very lonely and praying daily to meet someone I can share my life with. A little after this new friend and I met he expressed interest in me. I was a little reluctant at first but after spending a few months together I've really fallen for him. Then about 6 weeks ago things started to go downhill. Looking back, I blame my insecurities and fear of abdonment. Last week I completely shut him out and requested he discontinue contact with me. My question is, did I let my insecurities get the best of me or was my intuition telling me that this guy is not "the one" (if such a person even exists). I'm afraid of reaching out to him to save face but I do miss him very much.

• You aren't ready to get into any relationship yet because you haven't dealt with the fear surrounding love and romance and being with someone for the rest of your life. Do some digging into your issues and you will be rewarded with less fear of an intimate relationship and more happy experiences in love. Resolving your insecurities and fear of abandonment must be undertaken so as to repair your relationship with yourself before you ever take on a relationship with anyone else.

• How do I know what I was feeling was definitely insecurity and not a gut instinct something was off?

• You don't - which is why you need to clear away any issues that may be clouding your intuitive vision before you make any more love decisions.