If you believe in God please read this

• There is one small thing I have got to add to this. It is near and dear to the essence of the core of my beliefs. I hope I do not offend anyone, but I need to say this.

Sometimes I think people view God as a puppet on a string. That just bc we pray and ask for something, it should happen. Especially when we are praying for good things for people.

like changes of heart, healings, deliverance out of bad situations, etc.

We have to remember that all people have free will. Everyone has the ability to choose what kind of person they are or are not going to be.

And sometimes when the out comes of our prayers are not what WE that they should be, does not mean they are not how they should be. Even if we suffer pain and heartbreak in the outcome.

Sometimes, the outcomes have absolutely nothing to do with us, but an unknown person who will or can be touched in a life changing way by the out come.

This reminds me of the scripture.." His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts..."

I just had to say that, to encourage everyone whose prayers are seeming as if they are not answered. Remember that it is so important to pray according to His will and timing, not ours.

Hope you all feel the gentleness in which I am trying to deliver this!!

Love,

T7

• God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change,

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference

Wonderful words to live and pray by. I am not an alcoholic but I have many as family and friends.

I would like to be added to the list and will gladly pray for all of you. What a good idea !

• Hello Mark,

I just prayed for you as requested. I am asking you to do the same for me. It seems that many of us are looking the find The One. May you find her.

Thank you

Jackie

• Thank you everyone for your prayers! I am praying for you as well!

Taurus7 I agree with everything you said! 🙂

So I've been praying for God to give me a path and understanding of what he wants me to do. Last night I watched a movie that made me wonder if he was speaking to me. If he was, and I believe he was, I think he may want me to fight for what I want. Not fight in a physical way, but fight for what I believe in and fight for the love I desire in my heart. I think he is telling me to stop sitting around a whining about the things I desire (love, a family of my own, a better job, more self control and discipline, less selfish) and go after them! I think he wants to see action from me and lot's of it!

• I am close to God and God does speak to me and sometimes through me.. This is from God for you:

"Trust in Me and thou shall be saved."

He wants you to fully trust him and believe in him, have not one set of doubt in him. Hand your life over to him and willingly give yourself to him. I have done so myself but have forgotten, thank you for the gentle reminder... You said GOD and I related from God to you.. Maybe it was a reminder for myself and a reminder for all others.

Never doubt that God is real because he truly is the real thing.

A moments pass and a glimpse to your page I now bow out and go on my way. To you Sir, have a great day.

• Thanks LoveDetox! I really appreciate that. I need to give my life fully over to him because I am not happy with my life. It seems like no matter what I do I cannot seem to shake this loniness that consumes my heart and soul. Something is not right and I think the problem is me wanting to hang on to my past and wanting God to make my dreams come true, rather than me accepting what he has for me. I have never felt so lonely in my life and I am scared to death. My heart longs for true love and a family to call my own, but I just can't seem to get my life together. It's like my mind is stuck in darkness and everytime I think I see a glimmer of light, the darkness overtakes it and I am right back where I started. I believe God is there and he wants me to learn to cling to him but I don't seem to know how. All I know is there is an emptiness deep in my soul that started when my ex left me, and no matter how much I pray it doesn't seem to go away. I pray that this longing I have for her is not just to bring me closer to God, but to also drive me to become the person he wants me to be. Money and material things do not drive me, but relationships do, and I think God knows this and that is why he has allowed this to happen. I have nothing to cling to now but him, and I am ok with that, but the longing for my ex remains. I have prayed for God to take it away, but I guess he's not ready to yet. I suppose he will when the time is right. I have never felt so helpless and hopeless in my life. I am truly affraid.

• I just came across this in a Blog and it was very helpful to me and I hope it may help some of you as well.

"In a relationship you are suppossed to be free to voice your feelings. If the person is punishing you for this then that is a kind of manipulation and mind control. I dont mean to be over the top but it is a form of emotional abuse because you are not being allowed to express your own emotions and you are now suffering for being yourself. If i was you i would tell the person how you feel now i.e nervous to express yourself again and walking on egg shells. Tell the person that a relationship is two way thing and just as you expressed yourself, they should also be free to express themselves. You should not feel opressed for expressing your feelings, neither should you feel guilty. Do not allow the enemy to condemn you for nothing. Be strong and dont let pleasing the person be an idle in your life, when you put God first you will have a clear conscience regarldless of how others try to manipulate you. I dont worry about people anymore as long as i have not sinned and offended the person i chose to have peace and refuse to be depressed because of a human being who cannot accept the truth. Be free in Jesus Name. Remember the enemy comes to steal kill and destroy. Has he stolen your joy? liberty? God bless you."

"It takes two to reconcile. As a believer, your responsbility is to forgive and attempt to restore the relationship. This is not always possible.

NIV Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

Note that in this passage, we are instructed to live at peace, “as far as it depends on you.” If the reconciliation is not possible at this time, then leave room for God to act by placing the relationship in His hands and going on with life.

God has a plan for your life and no broken relationship or person who refuses to forgive can thwart that plan. When you have done what is right, move on in God’s plan for your life."

• When God speaks it is very important that you heed the words and take them to heart. Those I guess were words for you and for me.

Take Gods words literally, he said what he said with a sense of urgency that you hear them and possibly a few others. God is always right without a doubt.

Sometimes I wish people would listen to God when he speaks but very few do, he makes things better for you and he knows what you need to hear and when you need to hear them. That was truly pointed at someone in this post and I will assume it is you.

All I know is God spoke to me by the second page of reading I came to on here to read.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU KNOW HIS WORDS.

This is all I truly do know. I listen, therefore I am.

Sincerely,

Love Detox

• If you have time read this!!!

"The Blessings of Loneliness

Written by Sabrina Beasley

Loneliness had gripped me. In two years, five of my roommates were married, not to mention countless other friends, and I was tired of being left behind. At times I hurt so badly I would fall on my knees and beg God through tears to take my pain away. What I didn’t know then, was that God was using that pain to bring me to the sweetest love affair of my life, but it wasn’t by bringing me a man to fall in love with; it was by making me more like the Man who already loved me.

“Three times a bridesmaid, never a bride” rang in my ears. Although I was thrilled to stand beside some of the best women I have ever known, I still felt the fear of being left behind. I wondered what was wrong with me; I wondered what I could do to make myself more desirable; I wondered if I would be lonely forever.

Life Lesson: Time management

Resolution: Check your compass

Me, me, me…it was all I thought about. I tried to repair my inadequacies by reading Christian self-help books—how to prepare for marriage and motherhood and how to understand men. It was all really good information, but it didn’t fill my void of loneliness.

One night, I got down on my knees and cried out to God that he would take my pain away. I was so tired of being unwanted and without love. As I lay there, crumpled on the floor, He reminded me of 1 John 4:8 that says, “God is love.” I knew in my heart that if I wanted to experience true love, I needed to concentrate on my relationship with Him, not on a relationship of this world.

I turned my reading to the Scriptures, as I wanted to know the very heart of the Lord. As John 1:1 says, “…The Word was with God, and Word was God.” I started at Genesis and read my way through the entire Bible. In it, I found nothing but the love of God for His people and specifically for me. I knew I was imperfect, but I found in Psalms 139:13-16, that He created me, knew me, and loved me just as I was.

For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

It was that love that drew me closer to the heart of God. And the closer I got to Him, the more His light revealed the selfishness I was covered with. The Lord didn’t take my pain away, but He used it to refine my life, just as fire purifies gold (Malachi 3:3).

Loneliness became a reminder of the cross, the sacrifice of my own desires for those of the Lord. Jesus tells us in Matthew 16:24-25, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.”

It wasn’t until I embraced the cross and the death of myself that I finally realized that life wasn’t about my desires, but it was about showing the love of Christ to others. The pain I went through allowed me to identify with others’ pain and to counsel many women through feelings of loneliness, rejection, inadequacy, and the pain of broken relationships.

Loneliness became a tool that enabled me to have the time to make lunch appointments with other women who needed counsel, start Bible studies, memorize scripture, pray for long periods of time, and read, read, read. It was a luxury, not afforded to those in serious relationships or marriages.

As Paul says, “The woman who is unmarried, and the virgin, is concerned about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how she may please her husband” (1 Corinthians 7:34). I had been given a great gift, and it was given to me at the lowest point in my life.

So many Christians forget that God calls us to the low places. He calls us to be lowly (Psalm 138:6), to be humble (James 4:6), to be meek (Matthew 4:5 KJV). He even calls us to die (Romans 6:3-5). None of these come easily, and they often require pain. But we’ve been promised recognition, grace, inheritance, and everlasting life in return.

The popular Christian music group Caedmon’s Call sings a song called “Valleys Fill First” that points out that when the rain falls, the water flows to the lowest places, filling the valleys first. The blood of Christ was meant to flow to those who are hurting and struggling. Jesus said, “It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick” (Luke 5:31).

I was one who felt His healing touch in my life. Even though I was lonely, in an earthly sense, the void was more than filled, even overflowing, with satisfaction and a sense of belonging.

My time of hurting lasted about two years, and then God chose to release me. About the time my pain ended, and I was satisfied with my single status, God brought me the man that I would eventually marry.

I am happy where I am, and I’m grateful for the blessing of the man that God has provided—he truly is everything I had ever longed for. But there are days when I miss the blessing of loneliness. Those were days when I was forced to seek my intimacy in the Lord, and they were indeed sweet days.

I pray now for others who are in that place that they, too, would have a life-changing experience caused by the pain of loneliness. My advice to every lonely heart, single or not, is this: love the Lord, seek His face, read His word, and share His love with others. And you will experience the blessing of loneliness."

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• doeyeyedpisces!!!! Thank you sooooo much!!!! You are very sweet for praying for me. Seriously, thank you so much. If you have a prayer request please let me know. I want to return the love 🙂

• And thank you all for your prayers!!! Please let me know if you all have any new requests. I would love to pray for you!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Mark,

How brave of you to post something like this, it must not have been easy. Like so many others have mentioned, I too fear up ending alone. Unfortunately, it is more common than you think. I am in new relationship (my first in over 10 years), and things just started getting rocky, due to my parters past and insecurities.,,,and so out of the blue. Prior to that, the first six months were amazing... I really thought he was the one..

I pray that things will work out, however know that I have no control over it. Only God does. If it truly is meant to be it will be.. for all of us, regardless of our situation. I really didn't think I would ever meet anyone, but, if I did (single mom of a teenager), trust me, you will to.. one day, when it's time. It's God's plan, not ours... There's a little phrase I use "I can't, HE can, I'll let him" ... maybe that will help u. Regardless, I will be praying for you.. maybe you could do the same...

Best wishes and keep your chin up,

Sandra

• Hey redleo73 thanks for you comment and support!!

Here is a good article I read today on loneliness

• Ok, so apparently I can't post a link to the article. If you google "God took away my loneliness"

look for a link called "WHERE'S GOD IN MY LONELINESS?" and click it.

• Cancer Man 276:

I do not know how long you have been single, I have for 3 years. My marriage ended badly and we were together for close to 12 years, married almost 9 of them..

I understand truly what you seek because I too seek the man who will take my breath away and be everything and more to me and my son, also my family. God brought him and I together and I really thought that when we ended the marriage that I would never find anyone for me. It took me until last week to realize that it doesn't matter to me anymore. I had been dwelling on it so long that it made me into a bitter person and it wasn't helping me or anyone around me.

My point is-is that you are going to have to move on spiritually and emotionally before God will bring you that right person for you. They are probably already in your mists and you are too blind to see it, you have to move on and let go for yourself in order to heal properly. How can you bring anyone else into your life if you aren't healed yourself? Should they be punished because your hurt by your ex wife? Doesn't seem fair does it?

Let go and move on, this is the only way.

Hugs,

Love Detox