Moon card

• Hi,

I have been reading that the moon card can be good and bad. Can anyone shed some light on this card. It was in my future when asked about a possible pregnancy in the next 3 months.....I found it to be a feminine water card...but other have said it to be that darkness is still ahead. Does anyone have an interpretation of this card?

• All cards have a, let's say, "shadow" aspect to them which is why it is always important to look to surrounding cards as well as positional meanings when interpreting a spread. Let's take The Moon for instance...

The Moon can represent deep instinctual forces, dreams, psychic awareness, mediumship, intuition, imagination and the creative potential of the unconscious mind. With regards to vocations in life, it can represent creative writing, acting, art, drama, psychology or psychotherapy, oceanography or even the entertainment industry. It also points to animals, wildlife or the wilderness. At times, it can indicate travel - especially over water. With regard to time, it can represent a moon cycle or one month's time. The shadow side is deception, self-deception, illusion, false information, double dealing, escapism, confusion, lies, betrayal, uncertainty, neuroticism, depression, overwhelming emotion, fluctuating moods or mood swings, dark secrets, self-doubts, hidden enemies or self-undoing. Most importantly - with regard to your question - it represents the female archetype as well as mothers. This can indeed point to pregnancy, gynecological cycles, etc. The shadow side might indicate gynecological problems. This is why looking to surrounding cards is important. If the Moon card was surrounded by other cards that can indicate health issues, then it might indeed point to gynecological problems. If it is surrounded by a card that indicates new beginnings (such as the Ace of Cups) or a child (such as a Page) then it would be pointing to pregnancy.

Blessings,

Watergirl

• The Ace of Cups was my outcome card, the next card that was pulled. The card before, in the present position was the 9 of wands....

• 9 of Wands prior to the Moon and Ace of Cups I believe is telling you to keep trying, don't give up, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!"

If you are trying to get pregnant, then obsessing and worrying over it is counter-productive. Try to relax and go with the flow. If you have been trying for a while and feel concerned by the Moon card, then go to a doctor and get yourself checked out so you will have a definitive answer. Once again, anxiety and stress will not help you get pregnant 🙂

Blessings,

Watergirl

• Thanks watergirl....I am trying to relax....but it is hard....I understand your point though and will make more of an effort in my meditations.