I'm new and need help calculating birthday....

• Hello. I'm new here and this is my first posting. Nice to be here. I'm hoping somebody can help me.

I'm just becoming familiar with Chaldean numerology. However, the things I'm reading when calculating the birthday are leaving me a bit confused. Some webpages say that you only use the day number and others say that you use the day number, but also add up the month, day and year and then reduce them to a single digit. I've noticed that some compound numbers for names are not supposed to be compatible with certain birthdate numbers.....so I don't know which they mean now...just the day number or the day number and the entire date.

For example:

March 13 1970 would be a 13 or a 1+3=4, or all of the numbers added up to become a 6? I am going to be going through a name change, so I need to get this right .

I was really torn between the different types of numerology..western and Chaldean, but the reviews say Chaldean is much more accurate. I've had a challenging life...exciting, but challenging and I'd like to make some positive changes.

Apologies for so many questons on my first posting.

• There seem to be several methods for calculating the birthdate number. For example, my birthdate calculated left to right equals 33 but then some numerologists believe you have to calculate the birthyear separately so my birthyear would then be 3, plus the 7 and 5 for day and month making me a 15/6 instead of a 33/6. Also the numerologists disagree as to when the new year for individuals actually starts - some say Jan 1 and some say it starts on your birthday. I have found I need to work it out for myself since there are such differing opinions out there. I have found the influence of the year's number may begin on Jan 1 but the effects grows stronger as it approaches the birthday and then taper off.

Also, some say you find out what the year will be like for you by adding only your birth day and month to the current year, while others say to include the birthyear as well. I have found the second method to be more accurate for me.

I think you have to work out what feels right for you - with any system or process.

• Thank you Captian for your reply. WOW....This is so confusing knowing which way to go. I know that you say to go with what feels right for me. I'm so new to this that I'm not sure still. I'm afraid I will choose a name that could affect the outcome of my life.

I understand from what you say perhaps you find yourself in a similar boat. There are so many contradictions on the internet regarding this.

Anyway, this link here shows them adding both your day number and your full left to right birthdate together to give both the day number and birthdate reduced to a single digit. On this page they say that in the compound number meanings that for example:

................................................................................

The prominent numbers for Tiger Woods' birth date 30th December 1975 would be:

1. The single digit total of the date alone: 3 + 0 = 3

2. The single digit total of the date, month and year: 3 + 0 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 9 + 7 + 5 = 19, further reduced to 1 + 9 = 10 = 1 + 0 = 1

So the two prominent numbers for Tiger's birth date would be 3 & 1.

Read 15 for first name 'Tiger' which includes the line: Rough weather at home, for those with a prominent 3 in the birth date.

Read 42 for full name 'Tiger Woods' which includes the line: But people with a prominent 3 in their birth charts will see heaps of confusion in their personal lives.

So, as you can see, there is an overall brilliant effect of the 15 & 42 on Tiger, but because he has the prominent 3 in his birthdate, his personal life has presented him with a series of challenges.

Just remember that the name is not reduced to a single digit, but the birth date is.

......................................................................................................

Other websites say not to reduce the number and go by only the day number. I've added up possible new name combinations, but then haven't been sure which number to apply. One name combination I've been considering says that I can't have what adds up to my full left to right birthday number + reduced combined for that name or it will have a negative outcome, but.....if I use only the day number of my birthdate with that name I'm fine. So, it's so confusing!

Thank you for trying to help....much appreciated.

• Also there is disagreement amongst numerologists in whether you count the full name at birth or use the name you go by now (if they are different, eg. if you got married and changed your name). I would say the birthname shows what potential you had when you were born but that your present name shows what you are doing with it.

I think trial and error is the only way to work out what works for you. See if what they predict matches your life experience.

• Hello Captain,

It is really confusing to know who's word to take in what they tell us. I think that you may be right about perhaps our birth name and date are like our blueprints at time of birth, but and perhaps our present name shows what we are doing with it or like frosting on the cake as a term that I read some where.

I understand what you are saying by going through it with trial and error. I just don't want to make any errors when it comes to a legal change. I will go back and review my current numbers to see how well they match my present life circumstances and go from there. I don't really know what else to do.

Thanks again for your reply.