Clutter and negative energy

• Thanks Ibelieve ,

He will get unemployment straight away they termiated him but i think over here in Australia if you leave on your own accord you dont you have to wait a couple of weeks .ive just given my washing machine a cleansing ive cleaned out the middle filter thingy i dont know what its called and filled it with an empty wash and thrown in a cup if vinegar . I also clean out my kettle with half a cup of vinger boil it a couple of times and Bobs your uncle. another tip cut up a lemon in quarters sit it on a dish in your fridge and it gives it a beautiful clean smell its like air freshener for your fridge .

• I love natural cleansers and tips. Did I say I collect tips?

I should post some but tomorrow as it is past midnight here and I plan on finishing the filing sitting on my desk in the morning.

But yes, I love vinegar and lemons and baking soda oh my!

Thing is, I need to clean the washing machine too, thanks for reminding me. LOL

Sweet dreams.

• Id love to hear your tips i believe , wishing you a good nights sleep .

Love and light Loap:)

• Here are some natural cleaning tips as all the chemical cleaners are not really good feng shui.

Alchol:

Clean Mirrors

Makeup splatters, hair spray residue, and toothpaste spills don't stand a chance against rubbing alcohol. Apply some rubbing alcohol to a cloth or a paper towel and wipe over these areas to have a sparkling shiny mirror again.

Disinfect a Phone

If your phone is getting greasy and grimy, try rubbing it down with rubbing alcohol to get it fresh and clean.

Ink Stains

Apply rubbing alcohol to your ink stained clothing and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Rinse through the stained area and wash normally.

Clean Fixtures

Rubbing alcohol does a great job on bathroom fixtures. Rub your chrome fixtures with a little rubbing alcohol and you'll be able to see your face in them again.

In addition I have a small spary bottle filled with alcohol (I used to have one at work as well) and when anyone gets a cold/flu sort of thing I take it and spray a little on doorknobs, light switches, ref handles, remotes and phones, etc. to kill the germs and then spray a little in the air in each room as well. It dries quickly and smell goes away just as fast.

Vinegar

Uses:

Vinegar naturally cleans like an all-purpose cleaner. Mix a solution of 1 part water to 1 part vinegar in a new store bought spray bottle and you have a solution that will clean most areas of your home. Vinegar is a great natural cleaning product as well as a disinfectant and deodorizer. Always test on an inconspicuous area. It is safe to use on most surfaces and has the added bonus of being incredibly cheap. Improperly diluted vinegar is acidic and can eat away at tile grout. Never use vinegar on marble surfaces. Don't worry about your home smelling like vinegar. The smell disappears when it dries. Here are some uses for vinegar in the rooms of your house. Use it in the…

1. Bathroom - Clean the bathtub, toilet, sink, and countertops. Use pure vinegar in the toilet bowl to get rid of rings. Flush the toilet to allow the water level to go down. Pour the undiluted vinegar around the inside of the rim. Scrub down the bowl. Mop the floor in the bathroom with a vinegar/water solution. The substance will also eat away the soap scum and hard water stains on your fixtures and tile. Make sure it is safe to use with your tile.

2. Kitchen- Clean the stovetop, appliances, countertops, and floor.

3. Laundry Room- Use vinegar as a natural fabric softener. This can be especially helpful for families who have sensitive skin. Add ½ cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle in place of store bought fabric softener. Vinegar has the added benefit of breaking down laundry detergent more effectively. (A plus when you have a family member whose skin detects every trace of detergent.)

Lemon Juice

Uses:

Lemon juice is another natural substance that can be used to clean your home. Lemon juice can be used to dissolve soap scum and hard water deposits. Lemon is a great substance to clean and shine brass and copper. Lemon juice can be mixed with vinegar and or baking soda to make cleaning pastes. Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle baking soda on the cut section. Use the lemon to scrub dishes, surfaces, and stains. Mix 1 cup olive oil with ½ cup lemon juice and you have a furniture polish for your hardwood furniture.

My favorite use for the fruit is to put a whole lemon peel through the garbage disposal. It freshens the drain and the kitchen. Orange peels can be used with the same results.

Baking Soda

Uses:

Baking soda can be used to scrub surfaces in much the same way as commercial abrasive cleansers. Baking soda is great as a deodorizer. Place a box in the refrigerator and freezer to absorb odors. Put it anywhere you need deodorizing action. Try these three kitchen ingredients as natural cleaning products in your home.

I know I have some more with borax and ammonia. Mixing your own cleaners is good for the enviroment, your home and family and SAVES money!!!

Blessings

• Hola!

• Apple Cider Vinegar adding to your drinking water speeds up your metabolism.

• Doesn't it also flush out your liver? The 5 day cure or something like that. Ah yes, a new twist, clutter and negative energy within the body...but that is the bootcamp theme

• But I would love to know if cleaning out the clutter (external action) in your environment has an INTERNAL effect. I mean, once you hack up all those dust bunnies...

• After I do a big purge in my house---I lose a few pounds! AND my blood pressure goes down---and I wake up with more energy. I always wondered if losing weight happened to anyone else. Let me know!

• Out of curiosity, what would the ratio of apple cider vinegar be mixed with water?

Blmoon~ I usually feel a big burst of energy from cleaning my home! The positive energy seems like it would be enough to influence your body and mood... Which seems to me like an effective ingredient to weight loss 🙂

Angela

• Not sure about the weight loss but the mere fact of finally having acheived something is already a happy hormone rush for me. I will check the weight thing next time (like this weekend).

• OK, I just finished helping set up a huge rummage sale. There was so much STUFF. And it just kept coming in, boxes and boxes. No place to put it all. I felt really heavy and scattered. Total overwhelm. I am now utterly convinced that there is something to this. And I believe you could lose weight, not just from the exercise of cleaning, but from whatever the 'attachment' weighs! The thoughts associated with the stuff. Just unbelievable.

• on Oprah Kirstie Allie was on--said she used to clean houses before she was famouse and her secret was cheap Vodka! By the gallon--said it cleans and shines and disinfects everything! And totaly safe and no smell----she actually did someone's house to show everyone--cracked me up!

• Now there's an interesting tip!

Thanks Blmoon.

• I've been in and outta the cleaning business for years. When I was younger I would clean 1-2 houses a day and then go to my dance class all evening but when I had my daughter my energy dropped(exhausted). When I got a job at a bookstore I eventually dropped my clients, doing both was tough, 14-16 hr days was too much but alas the bookstore closed and eventually I got a few more clients, mostly elderly. I'm only doing a couple/few days a week but better than nothing. Cleaning is very rewarding in the being of service sense but after all my years of cleaning as a job my house is a mess!! All the cleaning ambition is outta me by the time I get home. And talk about piles... after cleaning for hours + riding 26+miles home on my bike I usually come in collapse and my stuff collapses w/ me be it backpack groceries etc. Some of my clients are hoarders so the job is extreme and being elderly if something falls to the floor it stays there till I pick it up. They are extremely sweet people and they clearly need help.

I also have clients who are the other extreme. Once in summer I was hot so I took off my shoes to be comfortable and one lady blew a fuse. Took me awhile to figure out what her issue was. So now I can't go barefoot or even just in my socks when I work there. She reminds me of the OCD character on Shameless who freaks and has everyone take their shoes off and wear plastic bags in their feet.

Those using vinegar and baking soda to clean ...I understand the value in a non toxic cleaner, it does not get serious mold up. One house I do is in a damp city so all her windows and tiles are moldy. When she goes out to do errands and leaves me alone I open windows and I use bleach. I don't care that it's toxic it works. My clients love coming home to a clean space but if they are home they dislike the fumes.(so do I) So I can only pull out the TSP and bleach etc when they are gone and house is aired out. I usually open doors and windows if I can anyway. Elderly get cold easily and it's always a furnace.

When they open me up at my autopsy I can just imagine the fumes that will escape me. ❤

I am so much more flexible around my messes than I used to be. Life is too short.

Cheers P

• I also heard that coca cola is a good cleaner as well .

• Pfree,

Your amazing. You do a wonderful service for these people. My older sister had a cleaning business at one point and I used to hire her to clean our dads house so once week he would come home and the house was perfect. It was so nice.

I use bleach for mold as well but I'm looking into some others I have listed for less or smaller problems.

Tea tree oil (an essential oil found in most health food stores), grapefruit seed extract and vinegar. There are pros and cons of each, but all three work. Vinegar is by far the cheapest. Tea tree oil is expensive, but it is a broad spectrum fungicide and seems to kill all the mold families it contacts. The problem is that it has a very strong smell, but that dissipates in a few days. Grapefruit seed extract is also expensive, but has no smell.

Nothing natural works for mold and mildew as well as this spray. I’ve used it successfully on a moldy ceiling from a leaking roof, on a musty bureau, a musty rug and a moldy shower curtain. Tea tree oil is expensive, but a little goes a very long way. Note that the smell of tea tree oil is very strong, but it will dissipate in a few days.

2 teaspoons tea tree oil

2 cups water

Combine in a spray bottle, shake to blend, and spray on problem areas. Do not rinse. Makes about 2 cups, lasts indefinitely.

Grapefruit Seed Extract

The advantage of using grapefruit seed extract instead of tea tree oil for killing mold is that it is odorless.

20 drops grapefruit seed extract

2 cups water

Combine in a spray bottle, shake to blend, and spray on problem areas. Do not rinse. Makes about 2 cups, lasts indefinitely.

Vinegar Spray

Straight vinegar reportedly kills 82 percent of mold. Pour some white distilled vinegar straight into a spray bottle, spray on the moldy area, and let set without rinsing if you can put up with the smell. It will dissipate in a few hours. If you don’t like the smell of vinegar, you can add essential oils for a more mellow scent.

Also Tea tree is one of the best treatments for toe nail fungus. Hope no one ever has to deal with that one.

Loap,

I use to have a list of things you could do with coca cola, like cleaning the toilet of all things and the eating the acid off your car battery terminals, but I think it was a hardcopy and not in my computer.

Just in time for planting, here's a new one.

Keeping Cats Away from Plants

Felines don't like the scent of citrus, so place several orange, lemon or lime peels around the soil of plants that need protection from nosy cats. It should repel their curious meddling.

Blessings

• Tea tree oil also keeps away head lice, I often put a few drops in my kids shampoo. I too prefer the chemical stuff but I might try out the vinegar. Where do you get grapeseed extract?

xPad

• The tea tree oil tip is great, and did you know if you put some in a little oil burner (mixed with tiny amount of water) in a room where someone is ill with infections the tea tree kills off airborne germs and stops the spread of infection, I heard that some hospitals over here were going to start using it, to my mind it is one of the best essential oils, and it is safe to use on the skin undiluted, you could rub a little on to your hands and just stroke a dog and keeps them flea free, and this is always better than using chemical flea treatments eh! ..... it does have a strong smell but I don't mind it, it kind of like it backs up the thoughts it's "cleansing" just like the smell of bleach has the same affect on me...."makes me feel it's clean"...if you know what I mean...lol 🙂

• Great minds think alike Paddy :)....I forgot about it does the same for kids hair, my daughter also puts a few drops in shampoo for her daughter, once lice gets around a school it's so difficult to get rid of them, so hopefully they will not "land" on my granddaughter head due to the tea tree being being repulsive to lice...