Tiny but powerful, Pluto travels backward April 9 to September 16, 2011

• From tarots sister/brother site...

I found this to be Interesting information

Tiny but powerful, Pluto travels backward April 9 to September 16, 2011

Sure, Pluto was demoted in astronomy back in 2006. But in Astrology, Pluto is one of the most unpredictable planets. At times, Pluto is a cosmic detective, determined to find the real story; other times Pluto is like an outspoken dinner guest who blurts out secrets and reveals hidden truths about everyone at the table.

When a planet "goes retrograde," or, appears to be moving backwards through the sky, it often creates a "Bizarro World" of everything it stands for -- communication planet Mercury in retrograde creates miscommunication, for example. But Pluto's backward shift doesn't makes us confused, it makes us reflective. Instead of Pluto creating sticky situations in the outside world, it forces us to look inward.

First, it's important to realize that Pluto was named after the Roman god of the underworld -- aka, the land of the dead. Like its namesake, the planet Pluto rules over the shadow side of everything and everyone. So when Pluto is charged up and moving direct, issues of corruption and buried stories may surface; we could learn that a politician has been taking bribes, a celebrity has been having an affair or that a friend has been saying negative things about us behind our backs.

So when Pluto goes retrograde, it forces us to focus on our own personal shadow sides -- specifically, the unpleasant parts of our personalities that we may not really like. Two big themes that Pluto likes to highlight are power and desire. With Pluto retrograde, we'll have to get honest with ourselves about how much we're motivated by a need for recognition, money and authority. At the same time, we might have to confront the darker sides of what we want; for example, are you working hard to get in shape because you are truly concerned about your health, or are you spurred by a desire for revenge on an ex who didn't appreciate you?

This year Pluto will be retrograde from April 9 to September 16. And luckily, this short period of personal reckoning allows us to do a lot of purging, too. Once we see traits in ourselves that we dislike, we can work to improve them. We can also revisit old hurts and hang-ups as Pluto sheds light on the darker corners of our experiences. In this way we can grow, which highlights Pluto's key strength: transformation.

• Hey Shee,

I didnt know that you were into all this, those retrogrades sure do put people in meltdown mode i dont know much about it anyway just wanted to drop by and say hi .

Lots of love Namaste Mags

• Thanks for posting... Very interesting read!

• Thank you for posting! This helps explain a lot of what is going on during this Mercury retrograde period also! My Sarcastic side has bubbled to the surface and I blurt out the most critical things lately, more so than usual for this Virgo, LOL! Pluto in retro too!

I need to take more care to keep that Genie in the bottle without appearing like a crazy woman murmming to herself. 🙂

• HELLOOOOOO SHEE!!....found you at last 🙂 how are you my friend?....I've had no end of probs with PC, but I think most stuff is ironed out now, still a few things to sort though....

this is a real interesting article, I'm going to send it to my normally "outspoken" Son, I will tell him to be extra careful what he comes out with....lol...

but on a serious note, I read recently about our "shadow side" and that we all need to know accept, acknowledge and learn to love it, if we deny our shadow it will keep "controling our lives" ....bit of a mind boggling thing eh!

love to you

♥

• Thank you, I have been looking to read about that. I always notice the retrograde period actually begins a few days to a week before the retrograde planet.

This one has been quite interesting for me, very strange. Thank you once again.

• Hmmm now this is interesting! I have a friend who had gone into hiding and lashing out at family they could not avoid since mid-Feb and they are just peeking back out now. Wonder if this could be a cause.

Thanks for the article, I love reading this stuff!

YD

• angel hugs with flower petals

julianna

• RRRRRRRRRRRR, 3rd time today i lost my writing and my thoughts hahaha

OK, I'm going to start this again, but i am preparing myself by doing it on word:) you got that Merc!

Hi Mag’s ,healingways and everyone else.

Mag’s, yes I’m very interested in this, now do I understand what it all means? NOPE,NOTTA,NOTHING,NOPE LOL…

But I’m learning small amounts, after Merc the Jerk hit me hard last year, I was on a mission to learn and to prepare myself somewhat…(someone gave merc that name, not me.) but I do agree

What caught my eye with this Pluto article was it made sense to some of what I have been going through and I have noticed other people's behaviors being affected also.

@ joyful lol,,,the funny thing is I understand what your talking about hahaha

“I need to take more care to keep that Genie in the bottle without appearing like a crazy woman murmming to herself."

Namaste to all

Sheila