7 card spread need a different opinion

• Here's the spread and the cards I got (New Relationship Spread)

Is he/she potentially "the one" for the querent? 17- The Star

Is commitment/marriage a possibility with this person? 15- The Devil

Influences standing in the way of a relationship. Six of Cups

Influences acting in favor of a relationship. 3- The Empress

What can the querent do to help (or be ready for) this person (to) become part of their life? 13- Death

What does this person need to do before they are ready to become part of the querent's life? Two of Wands

Will the querent be happy with this person? Two of Cups

The situation:

I met a man and we've been on about 5 dates. He and I both enjoy each others company. For the last date he came to my home (yesterday) and we really had some chemistry and a connection. Last night he acted like he wanted to "spend the night' but I haven't dated him long enough and told him so. He went home amicably enough.

Today he told me his job is going to take him to San Diego (We live on the East Coast) until October. He said he just found out today. I am not happy, because I want to get to know this guy better and a long distance relationship makes it harder. I do want to continue to see him, and am willing to work to start a relationship with him. I might be paranoid, but I don't know him well enough to know if he might be lying about having to leave in order to put pressure on me to get physically intimate with him.

I decided to do a Tarot Spread to see if I could clarify my thoughts. I'm just confused about why I got the Devil and the Two of Cups in the same reading regarding a relationship. The six of cups appears to be telling me that I am being naive, but I don't know. What is your take on this reading?

• You were very wise to trust your instincts and protect your boundaries by not moving forward too quickly with this man. Stick to your guns and do not allow this potential move of his to pressure you. When pulling your own cards - if you are not using reversed positions - it is important to be cognizant of the "shadow" aspects of each card. The Star in answer to is he potentially the one was an indication that this is a situation that is offering you the chance for inner healing and inner wisdom. Also, the reversed or shadow side to the Star is unfulfilled hopes and disillusionment. The Devil in response to the 2nd question is self-explanatory! It really feels like this relationship is just a physical attraction for him and is a test for you. 6 of Cups as influences standing in the way of a relationship can be an indicator of past issues that have not been resolved - another indicator of a chance to heal an old pattern or habit. It can also indicate his job offer. The Empress as influences acting in favor of the relationship is about the physical attraction. The Empress is about many things, but in this case she is pointing to sensuality. Death as what you can do means to accept the ending as well as to shed outmoded attitudes - another indication of resolving an inner conflict that stems from your past. The 2 of Wands for him shows him being focused on his job and relocating. The 2 of Cups - remember all cards have a shadow side - in this case is saying that there will be a parting of the ways and might also mean that this is a case of unrequited love.

• Thank you for your insight, this helps me a great deal! I appreciate you taking the time to help me with this interpretation. I was quite confused, but now it is much clearer.