Missing Jewellery

• I wonder if you can help me- 3 pieces of jewellery have gone missing from my mother's house. 2 rings which are family heirlooms and a necklace. My Mum has dementia and there is a very small possibility that she has hidden the articles. However, we believe that they were taken by a carer. We are very upset re this and keen for information. Many thanks

• bump

• I'm sorry, I don't understand your reply. Could you explain? Thank you

• Oh sorry...with "bump" I was moving your topic upwards on the list.. so someone will take notice of it.

• Thank you very much- appreciate that. Looked it up on Google after I put on last posting and then couldn't remove it! Thank you again.

• Bump

• Caregivers do not steal or else they would have no job. Check closets, suitcases, socks, purses and the like. I am certain you will find it when you double check the areas in which she moves. People with Alzheimer and dementia love to pack because the surroundings do not look the way they remember, and they go back as far as their 20s and younger. More than likely, you will find the items tucked away in a "secret" place.

As a health care professional, I know that most caregivers are more concerned about giving quality care rather than taking advantage of their patients. Good luck and let us know.

• Thank you Firefly01. Since my original posting there are developments. A carer has been suspended for stealing cash from other people and it is believed that she has stolen many items of jewellery also. Unfortunately, there is no proof and she is denying it.

My Mum is chairbound and not been upstairs for many months- which is where the items were last seen. We have searched the house+++ to no avail and checked pawn shops etc.

I believe that the carer took the items and will never stop searching for them. Thank you- any further thoughts are appreciated.

• So very sorry to hear such heartrending news. Thank you for letting us know what's going on in this particular situation.

• Thank you v much- do you have any other ideas as to what happened? Thanks again

• Sorry, that should read ' very' not**- don't know how that happened

• Bump

• Actually I am getting a male influence around the theft of these rings. Could this carer woman have a male partner-in-crime?

• Were they in a top drawer?

• Yes, they were in a top drawer in a ring box. It had been closed again. She is married so maybe her husband is aware of this. Thank you

• Yes, I do get the feeling that a man is the motivating force behind the thieving, that he is compelling the woman to steal from her charges. But now that she has been caught the whole thing will be exposed. Her husband will be caught through another matter (he has many cons going and the police have been looking for him) - quite soon, either at the end of this year or the beginning of the next. They still have some of your jewellery and there's a chance you may get some or all of it back.

• Oh thank you- that is very good news and gives me some hope. My mother is quite ill and I so want to be able to give her back her rings because she keeps asking for them.

Thank you for your kindness, TheCaptain. I will keep you updated- thanks again

• You're very welcome. 🙂

• 🙂 x

• The carer resigned whilst under investigation and is therefore no longer allowed to work with vulnerable people- still no word about the jewellery and we have had to accept that it is gone.Just wondering if you had any other ideas, TheCaptain? Thank you.x