The RIGHT Religion

• I was reminiscing about the past when I started to remember some spiritual experiences I had when I was younger. Once, when I was at a funeral, I saw a white light or aura around the person in the casket. I also was visited in a dream by my dead grandmother that I never met.The only way I knew it was my grandmother was because she told me in the dream and later I saw a picture of her.

When I was about 4 or 5, I was on trampoline and I was jumping with my arms reached out to the sky. My teacher asked me what I was doing, I told her I was "Trying to reach Jesus."

Now, that I am older, I am more skeptical about certain things, one of them being religion. I don't belong to a certain religion. I don't even pray anymore. There are so many religions that I can't choose one of them.

I have learned that there is no RIGHT religion. The worst thing to do is to not believe in anything. What will you have once you have nothing else to believe in? Where do you go when the world is against you? It is always safe to have a backup plan. Spirituality is one of the best things there is.

The religions that interest me most are the ones about peace. I have yet to find a religion that satisfies my thirst for spiritual knowledge.

I don't want to claim to be an athiest thought because I do believe in something. What I believe in is not a certain religion though so, it's hard when I try to describe what I believe in.

I am agnostic.

My point is, everyone has to believe in something. Your soul needs the spiritual satisfaction.

So now my question to you is, what do you believe in? What are your morals and values?

• This is a very amazing thread and I must say I firmly agree with your statement. There is no right religion. Everyone is entitled to thier beliefs and their morals regardless of what religion the practice because who is to say who's right and who's wrong? I'm not agnostic or atheist but I do know there is a higher god or at least a higher power who ever he or she may be. I do know human beings have always craved deeper connection and the soul connection is the deepest one we could ever have. There are many principle morals I believe everyone should have regardless of what religion they practice such as mutual respect for others. Love care and kindness would get you far and loyalty and selflessness as well as good character are admirable traits that create a decent human being.You don't need religion to develop these traits just a good sense of self and discipline to create a balance and amzing connection between mind body and soul.

• I also believe positivity, passion and peace within oneself can radiate and reach onto yor surroundings regardless of who or where you are.

• I believe religion is a prism. We each pick a colour we like, but if we follow it back through that prism, we get One white light.

• Asia118X: I totally agree with you 100%. I believe everyone should have good morals and great values. They should be an all around good person. There are some, I believe, who aren't born to the be good. That is because there is both evil and good in the world and they must coexist. If the world was full of good, the world would be extremely boring. But it would be nice to see what a perfect world full of good would be like.

PisceanHealer: That's a very interesting analogy. I like it. It makes so much sense.

• Religion helps many people but it can also be a crutch. It takes a Great Spirit to apply all the principles to folks who do not think like us or are spiritually empty and hurting. There is no right or wrong.We must listen to the Spirit in us...our conscience. What is fitting for one person may be uncomfortable for another. I applaud anyone who seeks out their own truth. Watching my kitties play and looking outside at all the new green and spring flowers is Religion enough for me!

Cheers P

• Religion, any religion, is not just a crutch but a cage for our minds. Think of what Christianity has to teach : we are sinners, God's slaves, don't have the right to question anything but praise Him for all our misfortunes etc etc. Give me a break ! Religions had their chance for thousands of years and FAILED to make this world a better place. Not because WE are inherently evil, but because THEY ARE. Look at the idiot who burned the Quran. Then look at the idiots who murdered UN members in retaliation. Give amnesia to all of them, make them forget their History and Religion and suddendly they have no reason to fight !

If there is a God, it can only be LOVE. For ourselves and everyone around us. Deep down inside, we all know it .

• Woww! PisceanHealer has summed up what I was trying to say-lovely analogy (how've you been by the way!?). And thanx ReesyReese, I definetly agree there has to be some bad in the world, and honestly thats what make the not only the world but human beings interesting and complex. I think people struggle to balance of good and evil within themselves and the world they live in. Sometimes one or the other gets the best of them.

And PFree I think people can and do use religion as a crutch to explain their nature or themselves or to pretend to be something they're not. Thats the interesting thing about religion people use it for what they want and when they want! Humans founded religion to explain things they dont understand or cant see but I also believe they used it to create discpline themselves but discipline they can live with. If you notice people choose religions that make them comfortable or something they can live with.

Seehorse-religion can be seen as a cage if you are looking at all the wrong things you dont like (no offense to you lol) but I think people choose (religion regardless of the one they agree with or choose) to stay in touch with themselves and balance the good and evil within themselves with the discipline the relgion that they follow teaches them. I think everyone should be in touch with their spiritual side because it provides a deeper sense of self and that spiritual side could be anything-Christianity,Hinduism, Buddism, Judiasm, Paganism, Satanism, agnostic, whatever it doesnt matter. They are getting in touch wih their inner selves. Even athiests can do so! Its all apart of your morals and what you believe in and stand for.

• Well, no offence taken but, use satanism to get in touch with your inner self ?! As for Christianity, have you read the Old Testament ? Could you believe in such a God?

• I understand what you are trying to say lol just trying to be fair to anyone that may be a Satanist lol but I can firmly say for myself it isnt for me.

• Well since this is a tarot site must throw in a little a it.

The Devil Card:

What has traditionally been known as the Devil card expresses the realm of the Taboo, the culturally rejected wildness and undigested shadow side that each of us carries in our subconscious. This shadow is actually at the core of our being, which we cannot get rid of and will never succeed in taming. From its earliest versions, which portrayed a vampire-demon, this card evoked the Church-fueled fear that a person could "lose their soul" to wild and passionate forces.

The image which emerged in the mid-1700's gives us a more sophisticated rendition -- that of the "scapegoated Goddess," whose esoteric name is Baphomet. Volcanic reserves of passion and primal desire empower her efforts to overcome the pressure of stereotyped roles and experience true freedom of soul. Tavaglione's highly evolved image (Stella deck) portrays the magical formula for harnessing and transmuting primal and obsessive emotions into transformative energies. As a part of the Gnostic message of Tarot, this fearsome passion and power must be reintegrated into the personality, to fuel the soul's passage from mortal to immortal.

So, by that account one can use the devil "satan" to get in touch with their inner self.

Maybe one of those with out the bad we can not clearly see the good?

• I didn't mean to be offensive okay? Sorry if i did, i just don't like the fact religion always try to convince us that he have to believe in a higher power to find salvation. Why can't we believe in ourselves ? To me, all religions are just fairy tales we were forced to learn. They were invented and used throughout the ages to divide, not unite people. As for discipline.....i am Greek and a Fire Horse ! Who could be more obstinate and rebellious ?!

• Ibelieve, sorry but in my country there was a gang of satanists not so long ago who sacrifised a number of young girls, maybe trying to "get in touch with their inner self" ! Now, i don't give a damn what any "ancient wisdom" says, any person who practises satanism for any reason is sick and should get proffesional help asap

• How could you be offensive in a thread tiltled "The RIGHT Religion"?

It's a joke, correct? As there is no one RIGHT religion or RIGHT answer that fit all people. If there were this world would be a very boring place and we would all be cattle.

I remember the future in the original "Time Machine" where everyone was happy and living in a perfect world. All things were equal and all needs provided for. Nothing to do, no place to go, no one in charge...except that once in a while you were called and well...Turns out they were just cattle for someone else.

Keep being obstinate and rebellious, question reality, the truth is there inside you and you are the only one who can interpret what is inside you. Others can give you insight, directions to begin but only you can follow it to it's source.

Blessings

• I was writting while you were posting.

As to Satanists you speak of, yeah I'm with you.

I would not want anythingto do with that kind of karma or negativity either.

I also remember Jim Jones and the mass suicide and murders for a supposedly "higher" meaning.

• I was a different man just 3 weeks ago. Full of jealousy, greed didn't really care for people, and then something happened. I don't want to discuss it in detail right now, all i want to say is if a person is lucky enough to experience LOVE in his/her life, everything changes. You discover that many things you fiercely sought have no real meaning. That's what i'm trying to say. Astrology, numerology,religion , the occult, if you do not have love in your life, none of them can make you really happy.

• Absolutely!

• Understood! I concur with your statement SeeHorse. I wish I never put Satanism in my sentence I knew it might have been taken out of context. I just wanted to be fair just in case there was that rare person that was Satanist on the site (not saying anyone is on here lol) But hey oh well tell me what is a Fire Horse just heard of it seems interesting.

• One of the worst signs in chinese astrology LOL. Google it and you'll never speak to me again haha

• The "Devil" in the Tarot deck is not Satan/Lucifer, but Pan the half-goat nature god and/or Dionysius, gods of pleasure and abandon, wild behaviour, and unbridled desires.

If you look at the imagery on the card in the Rider-Waite deck you'll see the two naked people are chained to the Goat-god's pedestal, but if you look closer, the chains are very loose about their necks.

The card suggests that it's okay for us to give into our "unbridled desires", we can even make something constructive out of them, but the addictive side of those feelings are an illusion. We have the power within ourselves to remove the "chains" from around our necks and just walk away.