Misery Loves Company

• “Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”-Swedish Proverb

Negativity is something that you will experience throughout your life. It it completely normal to be negative everyone in a while. It is not normal or okay to constanly dwell on the negatives. When would the positive ever have their time to shine?

I must confess, I tend to think about the negatives a little bit more than the positives. It is a bad habit that I need to overcome. Slowly but surely, I am taking out the negatives and adding more positives into my life.

Negativity has several forms. There is self-negativity, which is the way you percieve yourself. You are your biggest critic.

Another form of negativity is the negativity that comes from others. I know there are people out there that have encountered the "Debbie Downer". A "Debbie Downer" is a person who refuses to look on the brighter side of life. They always rain on the parades of others because they don't want to be alone in their sadness. If they can't be happy, no one can. Misery loves company.

Ugh, the worst thing is being an Empath and being in a room full of negative people. This has happened to me before. I felt so horrible that I had to leave. I couldn't stand it!!!

The glass should always be half full, not half empty.

Being positive will bring more good things to you. There are things that will happen that you have no control over and that's fine. You shouldn't constantly beat yourself up.

Positive Thinking = Positive Results

• Ressy ,

Love your Post girl !

so true, we can't avoid negatives..instead we have to learn to embrace them !

and hey ! look at it this way.. a positive usually comes from a negative,

people change, grow, situations and circumstances. 🙂

at the moment life may seem like a blur but when we look back its so well

planned and structured for our highest good .

thanks for posting

Blessings ! 🙂

• Hi Reesey Reese ,

Thankyou for posting this is a real eye opener as i have been on both sides of the fence, i used to be a real negative person wallowing all the time in self negativity it was exactly like what you wrote i was the biggest critic not only of others my mainly to myself now ive learnt how to release negative thoughts so they never return but i still do have some negatitivy in my life as i feel we all need an even balance of everything but its not to the point where it is detrimental to my health .

Many Blessings 2u Loap

• Oh, good point re: balance. That explains my setback this evening.

And this thread reminds me of another Bon Jovi song, but can you name it Loap 🙂

• Marc that what attracted me to this thread lol

My guitar lies bleeding in my arms .

• 🙂

I love that song. I keep playing the last part over and over!

• Negative towards oneself. I was thinking about that this morning. It is my biggest hang-up. Such a hard circle to break

xPad

• I will have to listen to the song, seems like it would be a good one.

Yeah. It is extremely hard for be to get out of the negative and follow the positive but I try my best.