Need Love Reading, Please!

• Hello my name is Pailyn (I go by "Nina" my middle name) and my dob is Sept. 4, 1992. I'm very interested in a young man named Andrew (dob Sept. 12th, 1991) who lives in my neighborhood and used to attend the same school. He was a year above and he's now in college far way. He was dating a girl who also went to our school but they broke up in the fall before college (and she says that they broke up to pursue new journeys at separate colleges).

I would like to know if there's any romantic future with us. He used to ignore me and be somewhat dry when we first met and then later on he would be hot & cold as if testing the waters (this was after he started dating his now-ex girlfriend). Then, by the end of his last year, he would sometimes say my name playfully while seeing me around without actually saying "hi" and he would sometimes tease me playfully, although usually ignoring me (and by that time, if I were to start a conversation, he would actually hold it, and not responding with dryness like he had at the beginning).

I now only see him around when he comes home from university breaks (since he lives in my neighborhood). I would see him when I exercise outside... oftentimes, I pass by his house while exercising right when he happens to be outside or coming outside. However, now, he gives me a few awkward glances while also seeming to pretend that he doesn't see me so that he doesn't have to say hi.

I would like someone to please analyze our relationship. Tell me please if there's a possibility for anything romantic between us, how he feels about me, maybe tell me why he acts this way, and whether or not the distance plays a factor in whether or not we might have a possibility for a romantic relationship (I know that when he broke up with his ex, she said that it was b/c of the distance - that might be true and if it is, then the distance probably plays a role, but she also treated him very roughly and sometimes with a lack of respect and so it's also possible that he used the distance as an excuse to break up and maybe distance doesn't have as big a role in our chances of being together as I might think).

Thank you so much to anyone who may be willing to help me.

Love,

Nina

Good luck to everyone's spiritual journey.

• Sparks seldom fly in a love affair between you two but you do have an understanding of each other, being both Virgos, and what you lose in excitement you gain in stability. At its best, your love affair would be fairly open and accepting and would allow a moderate expression of feeling. It would not be the grand passion of soulmates that people dream of but it can be sympathetic. The burden would probably fall on your friend to bring the more isolating and fantasy-oriented qualities of the relationship into line. You two would have to be careful that your relationship doesn't shut other people out and become too private. By insisting on more social and commercial involvement with the world, your friend would guarantee at least a modicum of healthy interaction with other people. Marriage can work out but it generally takes a great deal of patience on both sides.

Your relationship in general is likely to be private, somewhat isolated, and quite idiosyncratic. You both tend to have problems in the area of feelings and you would need to learn how to express yourselves more to each other if this relationship is to work.(that is if it ever gets started in the first place, which is doubtful unless one of you says what they feel for the other.) Also tension can be created when your friend wants you to toe the line and keep to your word. On the positive side, you will tend to bring out his procrastinating side and can encourage him to kick back a bit. The winner of this particular battle will vary from situation to situation but in general it is your more easygoing influence that proves the stronger.

Your friend likes to be mothered from a distance to the point where it can hinder his ability to commit himself deeply, personally or professionally. He has a big need to belong, to be connected, to nurture and be nurtured, but he also wants to be completely free. He has a rather skewed view of what family and relationships are.

• Thank you, Captain! I think that it's very good to check compatibility so that I know what I'm getting (or trying to get) myself into.

I would like to ask for clarification on what you wrote here:

"You both tend to have problems in the area of feelings and you would need to learn how to express yourselves more to each other if this relationship is to work.(that is if it ever gets started in the first place, which is doubtful unless one of you says what they feel for the other.)"

Do you mean that you think he might have feelings for me too, but is not willing to make the first move? And will only allow something romantic to happen if I'm the one who makes the first effort?

Thank you,

Nina

• Can you also tell me what you meant here:

"Your friend likes to be mothered from a distance to the point where it can hinder his ability to commit himself deeply, personally or professionally."

Do you mean that he likes to literally be mothered, as in will always take the side of his mother and listen to her when it comes to relationships? Or he wants to be with someone nurturing who will act like a mother?

Thank you,

Nina

• You both have trouble speaking up and saying what you really feel - your friend especially tends to cover up his emotions with humour or sarcasm.

Your friend wants to be nurtured and loved but to be free at the same time, so he will run from anyone who smothers him or is overly protective or possessive. He is like a dog who wants love and attention but also doesn't want to be kept on a leash.

• So, I'm guessing he wants a housewife who cooks, cleans, and nurtures, yet doesn't tell him what to do?

And although we both have trouble speaking up, do you know by any chance whether or not he has feelings for me? Or you just know what would happen compatibility-wise if we were to get together romantically?

Thank you,

Nina

• I do sense that he wants to be the boss in his relationship. A loved and respectful boss, but nonetheless, the boss.

• I feel he is attracted to you but doesn't know you well enough to decide if he wants a proper relationship.

• When I walk by and he instantly starts to keep his eyes away, do you think it's because he's unsure about me? And doesn't want to send wrong signals or give off his feelings?

Do you suggest that I reach out in a way that's more friendly to create a friendship base so that we can get to know one another well enough for him to decide?

• This post is deleted!

• Why wait for him tod ecide? Just go up and ask him if he wants to be friends or even ask him out. Then this waiting and wondering will end one way or the other and you can move on.

• This post is deleted!

• No advertisements, please... I'm here to get help.

• This advertiser is a frequent unwanted visitor to this forum and only posts on weekends when admin is not about as they know the ad will be removed as soon as they come back to work.

• I've noticed these ads floating around and I find it to be very disrespectful to post ads on posts where people are trying to get help about serious or emotionally-draining problems.

• Yes it is.