You and Food

• Thanks to Aunt Buck for suggesting a followup to my other thread "You and Money". This is turning into a series. 🙂 Hopefully this thread will be of use to all those who are struggling with weight issues. There is a close connection between love, money and food that we will explore further here.

So, continuing the image from the other thread, if food was a person, how do you treat it? What importance does it play in your life? Is it a friend or a foe, lover or abuser?

I was given some information from spirit on another thread about weight issues that I will repeat here -

Overweight is generally about three issues - you must decide which is your particular issue. Or it may be more than one.

First issue is self-protection - extra body weight is our mind's subconscious attempt to physically keep people away from us and to buffer ourselves against pain and suffering. Perhaps we fear physical attack from some quarter. Many women who are overweight have a fear of men that comes from their childhood. They may feel a need to make themselves 'unattractive' so as to prevent unwanted attention. Overweight men are generally sensitive souls suffering from a lack of self-love and belief. Many empaths and psychics put on weight so that they keep other people - with all their negative feelings and thoughts - at a distance. The real issue here is of self-doubt and self-mistrust. We fear being unable to deal with life so we put extra poundage between ourselves and the world. Our fleshy suit of armour...it implies we don't trust ourselves that we have the strength of spirit to deal with whatever problems or difficulties we encounter.

Secondly is a need for attention. Being bigger is a shout out - "Hey look at me! I'm here! You can't miss me. I need help/love/attention." Feeling ignored or neglected, we try to make ourselves impossible to visually miss. This speaks to a lifelong feeling of being insignificant, worthless or passed over, of never being picked for the ballgame, prom, job, or whatever...

The third issue is about self-nurturing. We don't feel we are getting enough care and love from others so we do it by coddling ourselves through comfort food. Like a good loving mother, we ply ourselves with goodies, stuff ourselves full of the sweetness and substance that we feel is lacking in our lives. But it doesn't have to be food that we use to make ourselves feel good - we can substitute a makeover, a visit to a spa, a candlelit soak in a tub or whatever, to make ourselves feel loved and pampered. But eventually we need to deal with why we feel unloved, even when we are surrounded by people such as family and friends who should be living proof that we are loved.

Whatever the issue, it undoubtedly stems from some childhood belief acquired from a relative, carer or associate who pushed their misery or fears or needs onto those around them. To lose the extra weight, you must confront the cause of it and deal with it. Even just realising the source of the problem can begin the healing process. Realising that it was someone else's problem that became ours can immediately bring relief and understanding. To lose the weight, you have to figure out why you are 'wearing' it on in the first place.

Issues of underweight include feeling bad or unworthy, wanting to remain an eternal child, believing in false social stereotypes of beauty, and an attempt to gain attention, love and sympathy.

So what is food to you?

• Oh this is a good one that I will have to explore further but have to tell this story which right now is soooo funny to me 🙂 now anyway.

Talking to my mom on the phone one time I ate an entire chocolate cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was horrified when I got off the phone!!!!!???? cause I wasn't even aware I was doing it! Now it just cracks me up... it was a great wake up call. It wasn't a huge cake but still I hate the WHOLE thing.

So the back ground was after my daughter had passed away and one day I decided I could eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted cause I didn't have any kids in the house any more, so didn't really need to be a role model at the time. So immediately after that thought my husband and I went to dinner for hot fudge sundaes - for dinner...so that probably kind of started me having junk food in the house. I had not really ever had a weight problem til after that. I am much better now, but still have weight issues. Anyway that day on the phone I was listening to my mom and trying to figure out how to have a conversation with her about my childhood issues that I wasn't even aware of til after my daughter was gone. So I did finally have it out with her. I still use food to numb me sometimes but I'm at least aware when I do it, and when I do it I realize there are issues I need to address. So anyway this is an area I would like to explore more. Thanks Captain and Aunt Buck for another great topic!

• Add to the list--anger--pain--emotions. Overweight is often a manifestation of "eating our emotions". Most often it is anger--particularly for women as women are more likely to be victim of that social upbringing were anger is not nice---but a male energy--- not ladylike to --b itch--or fight back. I would say my weight issues have been bits of all off the above and all my life I've managed it up and down--younger years more fixated on body--being perfect--dieting excessively--working out excessively but never really seeing it--later in life more of a truce with the body--love myself as is--active--healthy--strong but no--will not be in a bikini. I cringe now looking at pictures of my youth--looking damn good--yet at the time not seeing it---still only seeing the flaws but that is a universal woman issue--with magazines and TV unrealistic images. The average young female is a size 12 yet no way will you see that as model perfection--no--more like size 0. I had a disconnected mother so that played out as a empty place--craving something. To complicate that my mother of the fifties generation--thought sugar was good stuff and it was a habbit of hers to feed it to us by the spoonful if we fussed as babies. To this day just being near her will have me craving sugar! AND like many others out there I was molested as a child--it was not ongoing but the damage is life long and most body issues or eating disorders are manifestations of this trauma--a safety issue. But the biggest influence for me would be my psychic gifts---and it IS very comman. The body just naturally in defense pads a layer between all the energy exchanges that come with that. I have found it is up and down according to how much people gathering you do---not enough alone time to balance time spent in crwds are near people who are either energy zappers or toxic. Right now at my age my motivation for a little less weight is because of aging annd disease. The reality is that extra weight is hard on the body as we get older. Luckily I have always been hard working and mostly health conciouse. I gave up red meet and pork in my twenties. Take lots of suppliments. My shadow side is a reality and will always want sugar . I use Stevia instead for balance. I can not have a cookie or cake without wanting more--that is what it is so I just don't keep it in the house. I think the kindest thing I've done for myself is to disconnect the shame guilt connection with food as it feeds that worthless shadow side--eat bad--feel bad--beat yourself up. I bought girl scout cookies from my grand daughter and they called my name till they were gone! Yes I ate too many. But just shrugged it off and ate extra light a few days. Balance is key. I used to feel bad but learned that is part of the toxic payoff and most normal people don't give food that much thought. I've been thin and fat more times than I can count! Now I go for healthy---my last old f art tests came out great but I work at it. My biggest challange is the sugar demon---if I stay away from that and bad carbs I feel good. ALS---something really interesting---I wondered if anyone else has this happen---during times when I purge my house of stuff I'll often drop weight right after! That cracks me up. But I do think it is connected. Holding on to stuff--wether it be literaly stuff or emotions. It's the energy of releasing.

• I am/was a suger fiend too, now not so much used to have to have chocolate everyday around 3pm and would store junk food next to my bed, chips and chocolate and nuts, doing much much better, If I really gotta have it, I have it and like you said Blue Moon, eat lighter next meal or so, so far so good, I had something going on for a few weeks with the Oatmeal Raisin Warm cookies at Mcdonalds, think I'm kinda past it now.

• A tip that has worked for me - our body becomes unbalanced and unwell due to all the acid that builds up in them through eatiing too much sugar, simple carbohydrates (like white bread and chips), fatty meat, dairy and processed foods. So you need to balance out your system by eating foods that are the opposite of the acidic foods - the alkaline foods. Acid buildup causes so much damage and ill health in our bodies, it's even linked to premature aging.

From - "The pH level of the body has the ability to affect every single cell of the body. When the blood has an alkaline pH instead of an acidic pH, it will have a positive effect on how every bodily system functions. The brain, circulatory system, nerves, muscles, respiratory system, digestive system, and reproductive system can all benefit from a proper pH level. On the other hand, when the pH of the body is too acidic, it is susceptible to many diseases and problems. Weight gain, heart disease, premature aging, fatigue, nerve problems, allergies, muscle disease and cancer are all more prevalent when the body's pH is not optimal. Because these problems are all more likely to occur when the body's pH is too acid, it makes good sense to eat a diet rich in alkalizing foods. The primary goal is usually to eat approximately 75-80% alkaline foods along with only about 20-25% acidifying foods. If this level is maintained in the diet, the end result is a slightly alkaline pH in the body, which is perfect for optimum good health."

So you can still have your cake and eat it too, but make sure you neutralize the acid effect by also eating more alkaline food that day (as per the above mentioned ratio), like:

High Alkaline foods - Vegetable Juices, Parsley, Raw Spinach, Broccoli, Celery, Garlic, Barley Grass, Dried Figs, Raisins, Herbal Teas, Lemon Water.

Mid range Alkaline foods - Carrots, Green Beans, Lima Beans, Beets, Lettuce, Zucchini, Carob, Dates, Blackcurrant, Grapes, Papaya, Kiwi, Berries, Apples, Pears, Hazelnuts, Almonds, Green Tea, Maple syrup, Rice syrup, Breast milk

Low Alkaline foods (but still better than acidic) - Squash, Asparagus, Rhubarb, Fresh Corn, Mushrooms, Onions, Cabbage, Peas, Cauliflower, Turnip, Beetroot, Potato, Olives, Soybeans, Tofu, Coconut, Sour Cherries, Tomatos, Oranges, Cherries, Pineapple, Peaches, Avocados, Grapefruit, Mangoes, Strawberries, Papayas, Lemons, Watermelon, Limes, Amaranth, Lentils, Sweetcorn, Wild Rice, Quinoa, Millet, Buckwheat, Soy Cheese, Soy Milk, Goat Milk, Goat Cheese, Buttermilk, Whey, Chestnuts, Brazils, Coconut, Flax seed oil, Olive oil, Canola oil, Ginger tea, Raw honey, Raw sugar.

High Acid foods - Pickled Vegetables, Beef, Pork, Veal, Shellfish, Canned Tuna & Sardines, Parmesan and Processed Cheese, Peanuts, Walnuts, Tea (black), Coffee, Beer, Liquor, Artificial Sweeteners

Mid range Acid foods - Pinto Beans, Navy Beans, White Rice, White Bread, Pastries, Biscuits, Pasta, Canned fruit, Fish, Turkey, Chicken, Lamb, Eggs, Camembert and Hard Cheeses, Pecans, Cashews, Pistachios, Wine, Soda/Pop, Milk Chocolate, Brown Sugar, Molasses, Jam, Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar

Low Acid foods - Sweet Potato, Cooked Spinach, Kidney Beans, Blueberries, Cranberries, Bananas, Plums, Processed Fruit Juices, Rye Bread, Whole Grain Bread, Oats, Brown Rice, Liver, Oysters, Organ Meat, Whole Milk, Butter, Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Cream, Ice Cream, Pumpkin, Sesame, Sunflower Seeds, Corn Oil, Sunflower Oil, Margarine, Lard, Cocoa, White Sugar, Processed Honey

So it's not one of those diets where you have to give up everything you love. For example, i like to have a cup of coffee every day but I balance it out by having the coffee for lunch and a herbal or green tea at the beginning and end of the day - 2 good foods to one bad. I never did any extra exercise other than my daily half-hour walks which I love to do anyway. I have been on this lifestyle change (it's much more than a diet) for a year and I have lost almost all of my excess poundage and i never gain it back as long as I continue to take the good with the bad. And isn't that just like you handle life too?

• Plus I haven't been ill once in all that time, not even a cold.

• I agree--it's about balance and eating in a way that's doable long term not just a diet. I also think that everyone has certein foods that make them feel bad and everyone should pay attention to that. I gave up beef and pork at a young age just because I always felt bad--even had trouble with uric acid and was diagnosed young with arthritis so I do believe I am more sensitive to acid--and things like steack left me bloated and felt hard to digest plus as an empath I hink I pick up if the animal was treated inhumanely. So I think everyone should honor there body's needs. White flour stuff like a big biscuit will make me feel hungrier and sleepy even depressed if I ate more later. so I just never touch them anymore. I do love my coffee in the morning. I was eating sugarless treats but eventually found that many artificial sweetners cause inflamation! And stomach bloating so gave that up about six months ago--I use stevia to make my own sweets. I also use simply fruit jelly--the blackberry is yummy---it makes a great peanutbutter n jelly on a high fiber wheat. I like that for breakfeast Plain oatmeal is good with stevia and cinnamon---my husband likes sugar free applesauce in his. Cocoa is good for you and I make chocalet milk with that and stevia.. Theres a green tea with peach that I make by the gallon and add a ginger capsul to it--ginger peach tea and a little stevia--it is yummy and good for you. I take ginger--great for tummy upset and antiinflammatory--also take cinnamon caps and garlic. If I'm coming down with something I take garlic round the clock--it is a natural antiviril.I take the omega oils--vitamin d -magnesium and calcium--biotin--too many to list! some are daily some not. The foods that seem to throw me off are potatoes--miss them but not worth it and rice. It probably is that acid thinng plus they are very high carb spikes. I only buy one percent milk and never use margerine---I use the omega oil stuff or the flax or olive oil spreads.Right now I'm munching on Emerald cocoa roast almonds--yum. Love potatoe chips but they just make me feel like crap so never buy them. If I make a pasta dish I use ground turkey and high fiber whole wheat pasta. I skip the white bread--it triggers hunger in me and it's addicting but again it's that carb spike that keeps yourhungry. .Just from taking sugar and bad carbs out of my diet it changed my test results so much my doctor was amazed--doubled my good cholesteral and cut in half the bad and lowered my tryglicerides so for me sugar definetly is the enemy so I've excepted it's a lifestyle change I must keep if I want to stay off meds and age well. I absolutely hate going to the doctor! I forced myself to do it so it would motivate me to get real and luckily Spirit keeps me honest with myself. My family has a lot of diabetes---I have seen the damage it does--I so would rather give up the sugar! OH--so cracked up about the eating a whole chocalet cake talking to your mom GJay--oh that was once me! I even have a poem called "sugar mother". God love you for sharing that. It's your body screaming love me hug me . Yeah--I'm still waiting! Not.

• Blmoon, I too cannot eat beef or pork - it makes me feel ill to even think about it. I eat a little fish and chicken to ground me but mostly fruit and vegs and nuts. I love pasta, oatmeal, green tea and natural muesli. Echinacea was my general heal-all herb but since doing the pH balance thing, I am never sick.

• Thanks for sharing that. I don't get much flack these days for not eating red meat but years ago people thought it was odd and always wanted to know--why--and thought it was some religious thing. Or they got defensive thinking it was some kind of fanatic belief and like I would be offended if they ate red meat. They seemed a little surprised when I'd say oh no I have nothing against eating red meat--I just feel better when I don't eat it. That was thirty five years ago. I even cooked beef for my husband and kids but always ate my own way. My husband refused to try ground turkey or chicken when it first came out so one day I just snuck it in and made Tacos and he did not notice! No turning back after that---he eventually gave in and all pasta dishes or mexican are beef free. I remember as a child after having pot roast--anything really meaty I would just feel so awfull for a good 24 hours. When I gave it up it wasn't like I read something that gave me the idea--I just woke up one day with this feeling that I did not want to eat red meat ever again even though no one I knew was like me. At first for many years I ate no meat at all but that didn't feel right either and I kept getting anemic so added the fish and poultry. Still I can go days without eating meat. There is a a change in society about sensitivity to red meat because now if I tell someone I don't eat red meat or pork they are not surprised at all--and even the stores and resturants are aware of this preference. Even social functions usually give a meatless choice in dining. I remember years ago sometimes I would just pretend to eat and not say anything in a group setting because it was very odd to others and I dreaded explaining. I didn't make the empathy connection at first. Years later I heard someone say they didn't eat red meat because they just could not swallow that much pain! And it gave me tingles. It made sense. Thanks for the ph info--- I'm interested in this because I get the feeling that somethings off when I drink an extra coffee. Usually I just have 2 in the morning but I sometimes love a later one but seems if I do that too often I do feel different. (I do crave spinich more as well!) I'll have to check that ph thing out. I've always been aware of sugar changing the ph and breeding bacteria. I don't get sick much---if everyone in my house is sick I'll get a touch of It or feell tired. I've had arthritis most my life but do really good considering how bad the disease can be. I do not take meds for it--no pain killers. I used to do the aleve and motrin but about six or seven years ago spirit insisted I stop and that is was not good for the heart after a certein age. Also there is a rebound dependency that happens. I weened off that with Ginger and a few other herbs that were a special mix I got from a health food store. They really work! Now on a bad day I use Tylenol in small doses and take the ginger. A really great pain reliever for arthritis is pure black cherry juice! OH but it is so expensive if you find some. I asways feel really good when I eat cherries. Makes sense if it's a ph thing. I read there is a special chemical in cherries that treats gout. I better quite talking about cherries--I'm craving them now! I don't know where this thread is going but it's been fun just talking food--the good and the bad. I love new good food ideas. Coming up with new ways of making healthy food yummy. I have Echinacia in my drawer but don't always take it. How does it figure into the ph thing? Does it have any affect on ph?

• I recently switched from nonfat milk in my morning coffee to almond milk, but now I can't remember why! I know I got off the milk because of the dairy, but my sister (the reason I made the switch) gave me a reason the almond milk was better than soy. It's really tasty!

• I don't think echinacea would affect the pH balance much.

I've heard that big cravings for sweet things means you are feeling unloved and craving savoury things a lot means you're stressed. I don't know if that's true or not but it sounds reasonable.

Maybe we should post any food myths or mysteries we've heard here. I know there's been some popular but ridiculous diets suggested in the past - I've probably tried them all, like the all-pineapple diet or all-cabbage, etc. I think the idea of a balanced diet is best. I read that eventually we humans will evolve to be able to live on air, which would be great because I hate grocery shopping. 🙂 And it would be real cheap! Though I might have trouble giving up chocolate entirely...

• Oh wow…I didn’t realize that you started this thread! Yay!

OK…I want to delve into my weight problems and get them resolved forever. I am willing to look at whatever it is that keeps it on instead of going away permanently. Unlike money, it is not a welcome guest but instead is the friend/relative that takes up residence in your house that you tolerate but don’t particularly like. As much as you want to kick them out…something holds you back.

I was a tall, skinny kid. When I was 7 years old, my mother returned to her home country of Germany and because I was so young, took me with her instead of leaving me with my father. I was in a strange country with people who didn’t speak my language that were all very thrilled to see me and so I got a lot of attention. Because of the social nature of being there, even though it was a trip of necessity, there was a lot of food and when the relatives/friends found out that I liked pasta, they all fed me as much as they could. I couldn’t speak the language but food is universal. If I ate, I got happy motions towards me so I ate. After being there something like six to eight weeks, I came home 25 pounds heavier.

Even though there were things said about my weighing more, I think I just naturally lost it because I don’t really remember being overweight or thinking I was overweight until I hit junior high. Then it became a thing that everyone compared themselves to everyone else and I didn’t really think I was overweight but I was getting to the point I was comparing myself to everyone else. In the 9th grade, someone gave me diet pills and that was it. After that…it was all about trying to be as skinny as I possibly could be. The more pills the better it was. This continued until I met my husband. He complained about the pills I took so of course I quit taking them and then he complained about the weight I gained. So…after 13 years and lots of verbal abuse and two kids, I was very overweight when we divorced.

I lost weight…quit drinking and I think in part to replace the drinking I couldn’t sit still so I just exercised and I lost quite a bit of weight and maintained it for years. A little of it came back on but for the most part, I felt pretty good. It wasn’t until I bought the house, switched jobs and money got real tight that the weight crept back on. Over the next 10 years there would be yo-yo’s and the weird diets. Tried a bunch of them. I think part of my weight gain was stress and being alone and struggling to raise kids and keep my head above water.

Then…I met someone who didn’t care about my weight and it was great and three years later that was over and I have been single for over a year again. So, a year ago I started a weight loss competition and lost almost 50 pounds and it stayed off for quite a while. A little came back on but for the most part I was just wanting to maintain and then start again for the next batch to come off. Then I had this lichen planus stuff on my hands and ended up taking steroids to clear it up and boom…30 pounds in 6 weeks. So, here I am just 5 pounds under what I was before and completely unmotivated to get moving. I want to move, I really do but I can’t seem to get up and do it. I do get out and walk with a friend but the weather here is winter and it’s always cold and raining and I don’t want to leave a warm house and go out into the rain. I have a gym membership and I haven’t worked for a year and I didn’t start school for six months after I lost my job so I have no excuse to not work out.

My favorite foods? Pickles…and pasta. Hmmm…I can plow through a jar of pickles without even blinking. Where Gjay you ate a cake? There were times I did that...but luckily for me, if I do get a sweet tooth, which isn't very often anymore, I can go buy a "single" piece of cake. Thank god. However, I can polish off a jar of pickles or pickled beans or vegetables in no time flat. I have gotten away from this quite a bit but another favorite is pasta, just put butter and chesse on it and eat it that way. That's the only cheese I usually eat. I love soup so I make a vegetable soup quite a bit and we snack on salad in my house and not usually cake or cookies. We don’t have a lot of meat at times but if we do, hamburger or steaks and chicken. I don’t cook pork. The only pork that comes in the house is sausage and bacon…of course right? The worst kind. Anyway, I don’t eat a lot of it anyway. I don’t drink milk very often and I cut out soda pop for the most part and try to stick with lime water. I am diabetic so I don’t drink a lot of juices but I do eat fruit once a day.

OK….so everyone…what are your thoughts? What type am I? I’m leaning towards the comforter but I do love myself even if I don’t like everything about myself at times. I know I’m a good person and I have a loving family and friends. I just can't seem to lose weight and keep it off permanently. I have also discovered that if I get into a weight loss group or a competition? I become a very good "dieter."

• Well I am thankful to be able to say that for all the cra*p that has happened in my life I have never ever had any overeating or undereating problems, I have a steady weight which goes up and down by 1 kilo depending on the time of the month but otherwise, try to eat healthy and natural which does not work all the time but hey - all the calorie-filled things we like are bad for us right??

• Another very interesting thread.

I was a size 14/16, then I went to a size 22 when I was pregnant with my last baby, and ended up with health issues. I had really bad eating habits.

As I was going through separtation/divorce, depression was not an option, so medications were a no no. I so DISLIKED excercise, but I started walking everyday, it started out as a 20 min walk, and on cold/snow days I walked on the treadmill. I cut back on junk food and no bread, drank lots of water and the 20 min walks turned into 1 hr a day. I lost 40lbs in 6 months and kept it off for 4 yrs until recently heart break crept in again, and I gained 10lbs. ( I am working on losing those 10lbs now), I notice as soon as I gain weight my sinuses start giving me problems, and I don't like the feeling of fatigue. I am getting back on track, I have a treadmill at home and I do 5 miles, I actually enjoy it. I also take Vitamins.

I work at a medical clinic and we have a Bariatric surgeon that performs all different weight loss surgeries and some of these people that have the surgeries done, don't understand that it is a lifestyle change, not an easy fix to their weight issues. I have seen success stories, but it still is one of the hardest roads to go down, the Gastric Bypass, oh goodness, one little wrong food or just a little bit of over eating, the results are REALLY bad.

Just from what I have seen in the clinic, I would never allow myself to get that out of control to have surgery, it truly scares me.

Everything in moderation, never go to the grocery store hungry! (i don't like grocery shopping, so when I do go, I am in and out the store).

What I truly like about living where I am is the outdoors, places to hike and ride a bike, this has helped me keep my weight off, but even more importantly it helps me function emotionally and mentally.

Just one other thing, many years ago when I visited my relations in Italy, they would eat their dinner so late in the evening, and I am talking a full huge plate of pasta, bread and wine at 9pm, (everything home made), I thought I was going to roll back to America, not fly back, but I had no issues with weight what so ever and even slept through the night, I felt really good. I believe the air, the water and having no chemicals in their food is a big factor. Their energy levels are incredible and they don't snack during the day unless it is a fruit.

I don't eat anything after 6:30pm at night here (unless I go out for dinner) and I always sleep well.

Captain, once again, I really like all the information you have put on here, good job!

• AB, yes the link between eating more and you being unhappy in your life does seem to have been established pretty early when you learnt in Germany to associate food with bringing you attention and love. This got so ingrained in you as a child that even when in later life your husband and others disapproved of you being overweight, you still turned to food for comfort and love. It does suggest that you haven't yet found a way to make self-love more comforting than eating.

• Piscesstar, that thing about eating late with the Italian rellies seems to fly in the face of modern thought that eating too close to going to bed means you pile on the weight. I do think it makes a big difference that the meals were all homemade and natural.

• I use to loose weight whenever I wanted, but I guess older ones get, harder it is.

i don't eat a lot, but the acidic food does the job. I exercise consistently, because it helps me with the stress and anxiety.

Lately I started the Astralgalus but I wonder how echinacea would be.

Thank You for sharing good staff,

• Captain you are so right about the PH. I have Intersticial Cystitis and being alkaline is so so important. Sometimes in a flare I take some baking soda in h2o which is very alkaline. My diet is pretty bland. I'm using Spirolina in my aloe and green drinks plus maca w/ other herbs. I find I don't eat as much fresh vegies as I should cs I can't have the salad dressings etc so I just shove lettuces and spinach ginger etc w/ wheat grass etc into my drinks. Now aloe vera juice and gel is a lifesaver!! I take it in pill form too. Some vities trigger IC. I try and think of food as my medication so I don't eat much junk. An occasional muffin or scone that's not home made so I know there's sugar in them not like homemade. There is anothe support site here for food weight body image also called "Transforming yourself"

Cheers P

• I drink the baking soda too Pfree, twice a day with some lemon juice.

• This thread is more geared towards exploring the relationship and motivations behind your eating habits - what you crave and why you crave it. Or why you may not like food at all.