REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE COMMUNICATING WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS RECENTLY PASSED.

• Hello!

I am starting this thread in hopes that someone may be able to offer some insight and/or guidance. I have been divorced for 9 years and my ex husband of 20 years, the father of my teenage son, suddenly passed away 2 weeks ago yesterday. I have questions regarding his passing but more then that I have this strong feeling that I don't really know how to describe. It's not like I feel his presence, but more like there is some kind of communication from him or someone? I don't know if the communication is intended for me, for my son or something regarding his passing? Anyway, I posted on another thread and it was suggested to me that I start a new thread to see if others may be help me figure this out. The following is a repost from another thread:

So, we went to the funeral and have been home a week now today...the healing process begins, for both my son and myself...and life goes on!!! I've spent alot of time the past 2 weeks, taking care of things that needed to be done and reflecting. I think, at least for me, when you truly love someone, that love is and always will be there whether you are together of not..it is a part of who you are! Don't get me wrong here, I made peace a long time ago. closed that chapter in my life and moved on, just in reflecting, it reminded me of a quote I read along time ago, "old love, true love, never ends, it just gets filed away", hmm, what I've always known deep down...

Anyway, I'm not "hung up" on my ex by any means, you can trust me on that one, but I do have questions?? And in search of some answers! You see, I don't usually answer calls from unfamiliar numbers (figure they can leave a message if its important & I'll call them back), but when the phone rang that morning, the number somehow seemed familiar so I answered it...and I already knew! Last summer I had a dream and I knew his passing was coming, didn't know when, but knew it was coming..not the 1st time this has happened to me, it happened when I was a little girl about my cat, lol, and again as a teenager about my grandmother. I didn't recall the details of the dream and tried not to think about it, but the thought of the dream remained in the back of my mind and I think that is what's bothering me and why I have questions. I haven't talked to anyone about this, because most people would think I'm crazy...but here I know there are people who understand! I don't know much about his passing and his family said very little. Since it was an unattended death, they have to do an autopsy and the detective I spoke with said it will take several weeks before they have the results. My son is very inquisitive and initially I wanted to know the cause so that I know what to tell him if/when he asks, but truth is, something just doesn't "feel" quite right? And I'm not sure why? The night before the funeral, I was looking up into the night sky, and for a few moments, I could see the outline of his face in the moon (his eyes were so clear to me)....I mentioned it to my mom and she just said my eyes were playing tricks on me. After the funeral, we were driving back to my sister's and I was just looking out the window and thinking when we stopped at a light (didn't realize where we were and that we were about to turn on the road that went by the last place I lived with him just before we split). I saw a man in a car in another lane, he looked just like my ex... and as he slid his sunglasses down we starred at each other for a few moments...his eyes, they were my ex's eyes starring back at me...I didn't realize my sister had asked me a question and then she asked what had caught my eye that I didn't even hear her...I just shrugged and said I was just looking at the surroundings, how some things changed and some things were still the same, just getting my bearing on where we were since it had been several years since I'd been there...she would think I'm crazy if I told her the truth! Lol! Yesterday at work, I was reading the guestbook signatures & condolence comments on the funeral homes website, when his picture came up and at that moment my bottom desk drawer came open and I couldn't get it to stay closed...the website "encountered an error" and the page shut down and I was able to close the drawer ...when the page automatically reopened, so did the desk drawer and when I closed the page the drawer stayed closed! One of the girls I work with was standing there and she jokingly said he was haunting me but I don't believe that! Other things like old songs I haven't heard in years will come on the radio and when I change stations, the same song and exact line of the song will be on another station...coincidence? I can't help but wonder if he is trying to reach out to me or tell me something? Or is my mom right that my eyes/mind are playing tricks on me?<<< (I don't believe my mind is playing tricks on me)

I've been told that it's not uncommon for someone who suddenly/unexpectedly passes to try to make contact or resolve something they didn't have a chance too before their passing. So, I'm reaching out here to see if someone may be able to help. Any insight or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless!

• Hi danr,

I can't really help, but have experience with people passing and the little or big ways they try to let you know. Isn't it so cool that everyone here knows you are not crazy 🙂 but its real difficult with most people out there. I even got to read a book some hospice workers wrote about all kinds of experiences, it was very cool. My guess he's trying to let you know he's ok for you and your son. I have rec'd communication through dreams, I would pay attention to your dreams and also talk to your so as he may be getting signals also. Love and Light 🙂 GJay

• Hi Danr i am very sorry for your loss my heart and thoughts are with you and your son during this difficult time , when i was reading your post on RCs thread i was strongly feeling the name Geoff can you tell me if this relates to you at all ? Sometimes i do feel things and i was strongly drawn to Rcs thread today it jumped right out at me .

• Thank you GJay, yes it is comforting to know I can talk about it here without people thinking I'm crazy! I've been so exhausted that when I do sleep, I haven't been able to remember my dreams when I wake-up. After I posted I took a nap and dreamed of mowing the grass and cutting down a tree with my ex father in law. I woke up because I thought I heard the door bell but I knew it wasn't plugged in (it's one of those wireless ones) but my son heard it too so I got up and checked and no one was there and when I checked, it wasn't plugged in...and the cat had jumped up into my lap with his hair standing up and his tail all fluffed out. Obviously I can't ask the cat but by his reaction, I think he sensed something!

@LivingonaPrayer ~ Thank you! His name was not Geoff however that is the name of the medical examiner (not spelled Jeff as is typical here, but the same way you spelled it) so I don't know if that means something?

• Hi Danr ,

I spelt it the same way as i felt it if that makes sense as i thought that myself so it could have some meaning , when i was reading your post on RCs thread i felt an energy behind me on my right hand side whoever it is is not showing a vision of themself to me i feel as if they are hiding or they are shy i cant make it out , did he have a motorbike by any chance?.as i feel this very strong .Ive asked them to show me more .Il let you know if i pick up on anything else .

My thoughts are with you .

• danr I hope you get all the answers you are looking for, remember if you ever need an ear, I'm here.

• @ LivingonaPrayer ~ Love the name btw and love the song 🙂 No he did not have a motorcycle...but it's funny you mention that because last night I was putting pictures away that I had taken out of albums for the funeral and I pulled out an album from the last reunion my family had a little over 5 years ago when we were all together (several of them live overseas so it's not often that we are all able to get together in one place). Anyway, I was looking at the pictures, and paused for some time at one in particular that I had taken of my cousins oldest son with my aunt in front of his motorcycle. That picture was taken 5 1/2 years ago and I was remembering what a good time we had and that it was the last time I saw him. Two months after that reunion, he was killed in an accident riding that motorcycle and they never did determine what caused the accident. Maybe you were picking up on me looking at that picture and remembering him and yes he was kinda shy.

@ RCdreamer ~ Thank you again! I'm still working on reading all the way through your thread but spent most of the day today keeping busy...cleaning my house! Lol! Between the funeral arrangements, traveling out of state for it and taking care of several things when we got home, my house kinda got neglected and it needed a good cleaning! I'm tired tonight but it's a good tired so I'm thinking a nice bubble bath is where I'm headed now and maybe I'll have a good night sleep tonight. We have good days and not so good days but that's to be expected so all we can do is take it one day at a time. My son is talking to his cousins (on his Dad's side of the family) daily and getting to know them again (facebook and cellphones, lol) and I'm glad for that. They were always together from the time he was born until he was 5 but then we moved and they didn't keep in touch, partially because my ex's siblings were angry with me for leaving. But now that the anger has been put aside and the kids are old enough to make their own decisions, I hope they will continue to keep in touch and not grow apart again because family is something that is very important!

Okay, off to that bubble bath now! Hope ya'll have a wonderful and blessed evening!

God Bless!

• Hi Danr.

Thankyou im a die hard bon jovi fan and the song is my fav one of theirs with the motorbike i actually seen the black leathers jacket and pants and hands wearing black leather gloves twisting or turning the handle bars but not the actual bike if that makes sense i can see all the clothing but not the persons face i feel that they were a solid person maybe muscley if that makes sense .maybe it could be your cousin ive asked him to give me a name or show me something that you could relate to all he keeps showing me is his hands twisting the handle bars i feel that this is very important to him ill let you know if i pick up more enjoy your bath sending you the colour purple to soothe and calm you.

Take care lots of love Mags

• LivingonaPrayer, I also posted regarding a sudden death on March 4, Would you look at it and tell me if you can sense anything. Daliolite. Thank you.

• danr so glad to hear things are working out for your son with his cousins. Communication is so important and surely he could use that right about now. Take care and keep us posted.

• Hi Danr, I lost my younger sister about a week ago. The 1st in the family to have passed. I'm sorry to hear of your exhusband. My sister's death was unexpected and sudden. You had a connection w/him and that is why you are experiencing these things and it's not a coincidence. Synchronicity is a better word I think. You were being prepared for the passing as I was also. Looking back it's easier to understand. Death makes us appreciate life so much more. I think others can benefit by your experience. A lot of people call it the supernatural. I don't necessarily like that word. We are spiritual as well as physical. No one really quite understands how we arrived here and where we go. So, why is it such a mystery, or supernatural that the spirit lets us experience and "know" these things. You had a bond with this person and these things will happen. Remember, we are also in spirit--God Bless You.

• Hello Daliolite, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your sister. I think when someone has been sick or older we are somewhat more prepared for their passing but when it happens suddenly and unexpectedly the shock factor seems to throw us a bit off balance. Once the initial shock somewhat subsides, we see in retrospect that we were being prepared even if we did not acknowledge or understand it at the time. I still don't understand all the things that have been occurring and maybe I won't understand all of them but I am learning to just accept them as messages that because of the close bond we once had and the bond of a child that will always be there, he is letting me know he is watching over us. It's only been a few weeks so maybe as time goes by I'll understand more.

Since it's only been a week for you, I know there are so many things that have to be taken care of and so many emotions to deal with. Good days and not so good days, days when you are able to remember and laugh and day when all you want to do is cry. Someone sent me a quote that said "Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth." So true! All you can do is let the emotions be what they will be and feel what you feel. Sending lots of love and healing for you and your family my friend! God Bless!

• HI Danr I have just seen your post. I am sorry for your loss. I would like to help you but it is a bit unclear to me what you would like to ask. I immediately got images of a garden very well groomed, and a hammer and nail, and a kind of like tile of colours, black and grey mixed a bit like marble. I also saw a long coat hanging up on a mahogony coloured coat rack which also had room for umbrellas and shoes, and a hat. I did not continue because I do not know what you want to ask your ex husband or what you wnat to say or know.

Let me know and I can try again.

xPAd

• Hi Paddifluff, Thanks for your offer to help. The autopsy results are still not in so we do not know what the cause of death was or why he was found where he was although there was no trauma to his body. Funny thing is that the descriptions from people that I have gotten thus far do not describe my ex but rather my cousins son (he would be my 2nd cousin) who passed about 5 1/2 years ago. He was 27 when he was killed on his motorcycle a very gifted and talented carpenter, worked with tile and lived in the country so what you saw makes some sense. Could it be that my ex is not ready to reveal himself and that my cousin is acting as an intermediary to help us? Just a thought. Anyway, I had not talked to my ex for some time and he had not had any contact with our son in almost 2 years. I know he had been having some difficulties lately but his sister said in the days preceding his death that he was very optimistic and was on the road to getting his life back on track. We are just trying to understand why he suddenly passed (he had just turned 49) with no apparent health issues and why he was found where he was? I get this feeling that there is something he wanted me to know or something he wanted our son to know if that makes sense? Anything you pick up would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again!

God Bless

• Yes it could also be that he is crossing over and that process seems to take some time. Funny how your cousin's son comes through. I'll sweep the space (kind of like a screen) for a sign and get back to you.

• Hi Danr,

Im glad to see that your back im sorry i havent been able to pick up anything else i was going to ask Sheelagh (paddifluff) for help with this but i see that she has found your post as she is more experienced with this than i am . If anything does come to me i will let you know.

my heart and thoughts are with you and your son

Take care lots of love Mags