TRANSFORMING YOUR SELF......

• To you know where with the Neighbor's I'll read the rest tomorrow got a date with destiny, back tomorrow, love yall!

• We all have our likes and dislikes about food, everybody seems to love Bread my self included, I'm not crazy about bread unless it's warm w/butter or garlic rolls, ummm.

I seem to have lost my mojo, excitement about losing weight, I'm on my menses so that could be a reason why, I do notice if I go walking I'm more motivated so I'm trying to do more of that, it's good to get out of the house or office even for a few minutes. RC being home for me would be my downfall, I used to be addicted to Food Network and watching those shows would make me hungry, I'm gonna try some of the dvd work out's we'll see.

Today feels like a blah, day, will take a walk and see if I feel better.

I do notice it's cheaper less exspensive to eat fattie foods than the healthier one, I would not want a trainer because I would have to hurt them somehow. 🙂

• angel hugs

Poetic, we all do what we need to do. You will as I loose the excess body weight when it is to be. I have found when I stop fighting - arguing with myself I stablize and - or begin to loose.

Yes, I have had to develope some self-control.

I have not particular food I binge on. With never having a sense of hunger it can be difficult to know what to eat.

Most days I start with a coffee with cream and my medication-supplements,

Then 3/4 to 2 hrs later I may have a cup of soup or rice or oatmeal or whatever may be in the fridge

So called lunch may be 3-5 hrs later. If I am home then it may be a small piece of meat or small serving of a vegetable rarely both at the same time.

Most times if I am out which could be up to 5-7 hrs. I may not have anything.

When I get home (late afternoon) it may be another bowl of soup-stew or a cup of rice or quinoe.

Supper would be mid evening, either vegetables or plain pasta or a piece of meat.

I am working on loving the food I eat. Not eating because I have to.

This is what I am attempting to change. Eating more food groups at each sitting, yet keeping them still within the appropirate size., doing this 4-6 times a day.

Steadily it is coming together. The eating along with the exercise.

Julianna

• WOW,

I AM NO EXPERT IN WIEGHT LOSS, THE ONLY TIME I LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT WAS OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO, WHEN I WAS QUITE SICK, THE HEAVIEST I EVER BEEN IS A HUNDRED AND FOURTY FIVE, I DO READ ALOT AND DO ALOT OF NATURAL THINGS TO TRY AND BE HEALTHY, I HAVE READ THAT FASTING DOES HELP, BECAUSE IT CLEANS YOUR TOXINS OUT OF YOUR BODY AND JUICING BECAUSE YOU ARE ONLY GETTING LIQUIDS WITH VITAMENES IN TO YOUR SYSTEM, I WISH ALL OF YOUR GIRLS THAT ARE IN THE BATTLE OF LOSING WIEGHT TO WIN THE WAR, AND ALWAYS REMEBER, IN THE POWER OF THE MIND, REMINDING YOURSELFS I ACAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT,

POETIC, THIS IS A GREAT POST, I WISH YOU ALOT OF SUCESS ON IT, AND ALSO THAT EVERY ONE THAT PARTICIPATES, GREAT RESULTS, WIN THE BATTLE GIRLS, FIGHT,

• angel hugs

I have done some of the cleanses. Not much occurred. These have just been water loses which do not last too long.

For me now, the exercise (light) with eating a little more to increase the metabolic rate is the objuctive. The goal aslo is to be happy with a 1-3 lb weight lose.

I have reduced my cooee consumption to 1 in the morning. Occational;y I will have one while out. (I use to hahave about 40 cups[40 pots] per day.

At age 63, I am i need of taking better care of this body as I have been given a second chance with living a healthier life.

Julianna

loving silver wings

• God bless you Julianna and Ramonita, you should meet you both are beautiful souls! I don't wanna wait to late, God help me to stay focused. I have to.

• Poetic, you're going to hurt your trainer.....ok well I won't volunteer for that assignment then....LOL You are right isn't it amazing that is so much less expensive to eat garbage than anything healthy. I think that is definitely a factor in why those living on tight budgets eat poorly, you simply can't afford to eat the fresh produce etc.

As for the being at home being an issue, for me it's not different really than not being home except I probably grab a glass of soda more easily now and again. I'm not a big junk eater throughout the day to fill the empty moments but night time when I'm bored that plays a factor. I did buy fresh fruits and salad fixings etc recently and man did our bill rise because of it. Naturally buying the meat added to the cost too but I'm all about the protein and have missed it for so long. I'm a stickler for not buying it unless it's on sale or at least at a fair price. I actually think I eat less sitting at home sometimes because I feel guilty eating while daughter is out at work or what have you. Anyway, daughter fixed breakfast this morning a rarity we had eggs, bacon and fried potatoes. I so didn't need lunch after eating that, not that I ate to excess at all but I know the fried stuff is an issue. I guess we'll see what lies ahead.

• Hi ya'll

I have to commend you all for putting the truth out there for all to "see" most folks w/ body image issues weight image stuff are very secretive. It was said that this forum was about health and support around it that I speak up. I don't have a weight issue I exercise almost daily and use a bicycle for transportation. I'm not that much into food. Of course there are places I would like to tone but my health/healthy food issues are more important. I found out in 2005 after having severe bladder infection symptoms for way too long and a zillion drs visits and different antibiotics that didn't work that I have IC, Interstitial Cystitis which is basically ulcers on the bladder wall that trigger bladder pain and frequency like you would not believe. There is no known cure. So I have learned the value of a pure natural diet and water. The right ph and avoiding all chocolate and acidic foods preservatives etc. It hasn't been easy cuz I had to learn from eating the wrong thing what could or could not be taken in. I do drink coffee in the am still (I'm so addicted to it) having sleep issues as I am up several times a night and it is often very hard to fall asleep if I'm in the middle of a flare up. This has effected my ability to work so I'm not able to aford to eat as purely (organic) as I'd like but we manage. There are days all I eat is bread and water I get frustrated w/ finding the solution. There is a similar component here w/ weight body issues as I need to make food my friend again and not fear it. Hayes says bladder issues are being "pissed off" so I am more aware of my emotions too. I have to admit I often feel stuck in my body. I use the train for distance travel long distance (over 25 miles one way) to my clients and bike for shorter distance altho I have ridden the full distance which I have to admit is a bit rough on my girly parts 🙂 but having free access to public facilities takes priority.I use Aloe Vera daily which has helped ease up flares.

On the weight issue back last spring I had a bike accident and broke my knee and was down for a couple of months. Being active as I am it was a sudden concern I would plump up. I ordered glucomannan which is a fibrous root that if taken before meals w/ water works like a fiber to expand and you will get fuller quicker. It can effect blood sugar tho. I found it helped me when I was sitting in front of my tv for 2 months to not "do" food. It can be hard to adjust to also cs you get uncomfortably full if your not careful. But I surprisingly did not plump up altho I lost muscle I am still trying to get back.

Since I am not over weight it may not be ok for me to give comments here, please let me know. I have a very good friend and an ex sister in law and a daughter who all fight their weight but are unlike me in they hate exercise and get angry when I try to support them.I never seem to say the right thing. I do not wish to recreate that here.

So today my pain from IC is about a 5-6 on a 1-10 scale and all I've eaten is toast coffee and vities and water. Which is bearable. We have a deli near by that throws away loaves of bread that are opened and unused daily, I have no idea why they are so wasteful, so we get free bread whole grain too which has really helped my pocket book! I bought my daughter a bike also so we could do errands together shopping etc but since she HATEs exercise I often do it myself just to keep the peace. When the weather is good we ride to feed the ducks at a near by lake and I ride w/ her to Blockbuster or the down town Library or Whole Foods just to get her moving. I know I cannot control her weight tho I do worry about her health as she is almost 30. Autistic spectrum 30 going on 12. She has few pleasures in her life so I try to not infringe. One amazing thing about her simple mind she never and I mean never stresses over her weight or body image. Beautiful that!

Thanks for listening.

P

• angel hugs Pfree

I have no objections to an information you may have.

As for the coffee being difficult to reduce I totally understand. I was 40 cups a day until I had my son. Then HEARTBURN city with everything, even water.

Now I limit myself to one cup in the morning. Occassionally, I will have a cup or two while out, otherwise I will drink between 6-10 glasses of warm-hot tap water daily. On the odd occassion I will have a half time of ginger ale / 7up/ sprite.

Your daughter may prefer a different type of exercise program. What about one of those moving games you play on the TV, like WII. Just a down load from source.

Julianna

• Good Morning/Afternoon guys, fee free P-Free maybe your excercise routine can give us some inspiration I admire it! Some folks get addicted to excercise and get a high from running, I never did it enough to love it a friend took me with her to a gym and I had everyone laughing because I couldn't do anything right in there. I love coffee too and Juliana you are right about the heart burn, also could be why you are not sleeping at night P-Free, what time is your last cup?

I drink about 3/4 cups a day, I'm gonna look into the Glucomanan but I have to be careful of Glucose. I find it's cheaper to buy fruits and veggies at the local Farmers Market and Chicken is pretty in exspensive at Walmart. I have a confession to make, I have never been in a Whole Foods Market, there is one not too far but I have never been like a health nut or anything and I figured thats what they were for. Ramonita does not have a Weight Problem but healed herself her story is amazing but changing her diet and laying in the Sun. We all have something to contribute.

RC- I'm a night grazer like you, that breakfast sounds yummy, I think it's better to eat a good breakfast, don't feel guilty about anything you are providing free daycare dont' forget!

Love All, I admit I'm doing the best I can this week have not taken the diet pill since last Friday have to get refills but I'm not being too bad.

• As we age the Metabalism slows down too.

• The Energy of Food: A Missing Piece to Overeating

a message from Dr. Judith Orloff

As a psychiatrist I know that there is more to overeating and obesity that meets the eye. Genetics plays a role, as do hormonal and psychological triggers. However, one big reason that many diets fail is that traditional weight loss programs don’t factor in how we process energy.

Sensitive people who I call emotional empaths in my book “Emotional Freedom” unknowingly overeat in response to being overwhelmed by stress, anxiety, or negativity. Empaths are extremely sensitive and become an emotional sponge for the stress of the world--they absorb it into their bodies. If this is you, the following information will be helpful. (To find out if you are an empath, take the “empath quiz” in my companion blog “Are You An Emotional Empath?”)

Here’s the energetic premise of obesity: When empaths are thin they have less padding, are more vulnerable to absorbing stress. Early twentieth century faith healers were renowned for being grossly obese to avoid taking on their patient’s symptoms--a common trap I’ve seen modern healing practitioners also unconsciously fall into; food is a grounding device. Similarly, many of my patients gain weight to protect against stress at home or at work. Energy is at the root of an empath’s hunger. Try these strategies from “Positive Energy” to cope with the energy of stress without abusing food.

Interventions to Halt Energetic Eating

When the impulse to overeat hits:

1. Identify an Addictive Craving from a True Need

Addictive craving, a symptom of nutritional abuse, is a frequent response to energetic overload. Here, you eat certain foods addictively; this leads to obesity. Whenever you keep lusting after sweets and carbs, be suspicious. With cravings, you eat to relieve stress, not to build energy. Try to identify addictive foods and limit them.

With a true nutritional need there’s no lusting after food to guard against stress. A true need comes from a centered place, not from self-medicating emotions with comfort foods or obsession. Feeling healthily nurtured from food never involves moodswings--sedation or elation--rather an even feeling of satisfaction. A true need lets you enjoy your meal, optimizes energy, and doesn’t lead to obesity.

2. Quickly pinpoint energetic triggers of addictive cravings

Immediately ask yourself: Was I exposed to stress? An obnoxious neighbor? Phone messages from your mother? Don’t write off the “smaller” incidents which notoriously send empaths motoring to the refrigerator. Don’t panic. Pinpoint cause and effect. Clear it quickly once you’ve been slimed.

3. Breathe Stress Out of Your System.

Take a five minute break for damage control. Slowly inhale and exhale. Breath activates your calming endorphins (natural pain killers) and releases stress from the body. Practice this visualization: Just as your lungs take in oxygen and expel toxic carbon dioxide, breathe in peacefulness and clarity, breathe out stress. Breathe in vitality. Breathe out fear. Repeat this exercise until you feel calmer.

4. Try a Three Minute Meditation

Another way to calm yourself before you run to the refrigerator is with a three minute meditation. I recommend keeping a meditation cushion in front of the refrigerator to remind yourself to meditate before opening the door.

5. Set Healthy Limits and Boundaries.

With stressful people limit the time you spend listening to them and learn how to say “no.” Remember, “no” is a complete sentence.

6. Take a Bath or Shower

A speedy way to dissolve stress is to immerse yourself in water. My tub is my refuge after a busy day: it washes away everything from bus exhaust to long hours of air travel, to personal unpleasantness.

7. Eat with Attunement

Develop a diet that satisfies your energetic needs. Let energy motivate why you eat, more important than taste or dietary dogma. Whatever you put in you mouth that is healthy, run by your energy meter; see what truly nourishes or depletes. For instance, does chicken give you more energy than fish? Tomatoes more than carrots? You must test out foods in your body. Even foods you’ve shunned become more attractive when your experience their energy lift.

8. Visualize a Protective Barrier Around Yourself

Research has shown that visualization is a potential healing mind/body technique

Food is no place to be passive. The interventions I’m recommending in this blog will allow you to take an active stance in eating healthily. You don’t have to let stress lodge itself in you. To stay on top of your eating, do a daily check-in. Stay alert for cravings prompted by energetic triggers. Watch your responses. I promise, your eating habits will change.

• FUNNY, GOT THIS FROM SHEILA..

A TRIP TO COSTCO

Yesterday I was at my local COSTCO buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Biscuit, the Wonder Dog, and was in the checkout line when the woman behind me asked if I had a dog. What did she think I had, an elephant?

So since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setter's ass and a car hit us both.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.

Costco won't let me shop there anymore.

Better watch what you ask retired people! They have all the time in the world to think of crazy things to say. And remember, you are not required to forward this. Nothing good nor bad will happen as a result.

• You are bad LOL LOL

• You all are my heros and now you can send some of that weight my way i could use it HaHa and the thing is i love food and i like that greasy stuff to its hard to believe one time i even ate 4 home made hamburgers at same setting but i will get it back just healthier . and poettic if you keep coming out with them jokes like that i will keep any weight i gain laughed off LOL love it

• Cute! You can have all my weight tooter!

• I am realizing I need to move more, do more if only I put some action on the effort, will be buying a/some dvd for more movement. Yeah"

• angel hugs

Last evening I was reminded by the Higher Source to rephrase how I wanted to look in this Earthly body.

It has been stated when you ask to loose weight, it seems the Universe does the opposite..

Thus accept-love the body as it is.

I was advised to request-visualize "the body as somewhat slimmer" and not to ask for the fat to be gone. (Not sure if I am phrasing this correctly.)

When we ask to loose the weight-fat, it seems to make the statement a negative one and Universe not knowing any different, will comply by keeping the weight on, thus no weight lose or there is a gain

May this assist in a beautiful looking body.

Julianna.

• LOL! Yeah I'm visualing me, only better, Coca- Cola Bottle Shape. Healthier body. "_

• Gonna try to be a good girl this weekend and stay away from the warm Oatmeal Raisin Cookies at Mickey D's, I will try to squeeeze in some walking from my exciting times (oh sure).

Everyone be strong and "Blessed Be."