Can you help me understand what the cards are telling me?

• I have done two relationship spreads about this relationship recently. My question is for guidance, and I am looking for a rational approach to the issues.

The background in a nutshell - I have known this man since 2005, and am content to believe the signs that over time have shown me that our paths were meant to cross in this life. However, it could only be for a learning experience. There has been an unbelievable connection with romantic overtones (no sex, but I do not find him unappealing, giggle). However, here's the rub - there have been devastating events on both sides (his being overwhelming health issues - mine being career and family oriented, in the process, both of us have lost our financial stability and have to rebuild.) He has extended what emotional support to me that he has been able - I have tried to be there for him to the extent that he will allow. It's kind of like the universe offered something really good, then snatched it away.

Here are the readings I got:

Today, May 6, 2009

Love and Me: Queen of Pentacles

Love situation: Nine of Wands

Love challenges: Five of Wands

Foundation: Nine of pentacles

Recent past: the Hermit

Higher power: Three of Cups

Near Future: Ten of Swords

Blocks and inhibitions: Seven of Pentacles

Significant Other: King of Wands

Advice: Two of Swords

Long term potential: Queen of cups

The earlier reading - 4/30/09

Love and me: Six of Cups

Love Situation: nine of Swords

Love challenges: Seven of cups

Foundation: Ten of Cups

Recent past: Queen of Pentacles

Higher Power: Seven of pentacles

Near future: Ace of wands

Blocks and inhibitions: Ten of wands

Significant other: nine of wands

Advice: six of wands

long term potential: five of pentacles

I'd like some input on this, as to what the cards are telling me, as I am guarding myself against readint into them. Thanks in advance to whomever choses to tackle this one!