Love Celtic Cross - Need assistance

• Subject: Going back and forth with a guy I have had a crush on since I was 14. We are both 35 now. We reconnected last Fall on Facebook and have been hanging out since. He recently hit a financial snag and things have not been right with us since.

Spread: Love Tarot

Deck used: Universal Waite

The Love Situation: 10 of Cups – Contentment

Love Challenges/Cross: Knight of Wands - Change of residence, separation, or move is threatening the relationship in some way.

Foundation: Page of Wands - Inspirations, seeds of new beginnings in creativity.

Recent Past: 9 of Pentacles - Pleasure and comfort through material success and achievement.

Higher Power: Temperance - Mixing and blending of opposites; compromise and cooperation.

Near Future: Strength - A time for self-awareness involving courage, strength, and determination.

Blocks/Fears: King of Wands - Warmth, enthusiasm, and confidence.

Significant Other: Judgment – He is completely a karmic cycle, and is reaping the effects of his past choices.

Advice: Ace of Swords - The double-edged sword that cuts for good and ill.

Long Term Potential: King of Cups - Kindness, helpfulness.

• I'm unsure what you need assistance with..? I have a deep respect for Tarot and have practiced it since I was 16... I am only a year younger than you. Specifically what are you looking for? Do you need an explanation of the cards and their positions in the reading?

• Hello Babygirlbrown75 (wow thats a mouthful! lol)

I am assuming that you want help with the reading. You've put down the meaning of the cards, I expect these are from a book? Well if your new at reading Tarot then I must point out that the shortened meanings in books can be a little misleading and you must learn to look more deeply.

I have put a comment after each card

Spread: Love Tarot

Deck used: Universal Waite

The Love Situation: 10 of Cups – Contentment

This card obviously shows that things have been going well and you would like it to continue that way.

Love Challenges/Cross: Knight of Wands - Change of residence, separation, or move is threatening the relationship in some way.

Hear I would suggest that the Knight of Wands is the guy and the relationship has cooled off due to him or a situation in his life. This knight can be exciting, fun, a doer rather that a planer, he likes action and speed, he is optimistic and inclined to over enthusiasm and may over do things.

Foundation: Page of Wands - Inspirations, seeds of new beginnings in creativity.

The foundation card not only shows the knight at an earlier stage in life but also a new beginning. This suggests to me that the guy you had a crush on all those years ago, is now older, he has gained experience and this will have changed him, however, in essence he is the same guy. This also says to me that the history of your relationship is rooted in your idealized vision of who he was before.

Recent Past: 9 of Pentacles - Pleasure and comfort through material success and achievement.

The nine of Pentacles shows material security. The picture itself is full of fruit (grapes) and the gown is covered with the astrological sign of Venus (disguised as flowers) indicating wealth and success. Notice the snail in the bottom left corner. This suggests that the material achievement is accumulated over time, it is likely to be earned income, it is steady but vulnerable to sudden changes.

This may not only relates to money but also to the relationship itself, it is something that has grown over time, slow and steady. This is good, however, we must remember that this guy is action man - the exciting Knight of Wands!

Higher Power: Temperance - Mixing and blending of opposites; compromise and cooperation.

The root of the word temperance is Greek and means moderation in thought, action and feelings. Therefore the advice from above is to not get carried away with the emotions, moderate spending and be calm, this is not the time to run around like a headless chicken!, don't over-react.

Near Future: Strength - A time for self-awareness involving courage, strength, and determination.

Strength can be such a wonderful card. The woman calmly closes the mouth of the fierce lion. In the near future you need to take control, calmly but with determination. You need to get to the root of his problems but in a nonthreatening way, as a concerned friend, remember the advice from above, remain calm and moderate your feelings and actions.

Blocks/Fears: King of Wands - Warmth, enthusiasm, and confidence.

Here we see yet another example of the Wands court cards, another version of this guy. I feel that the guy may resist help, he is prideful and will not like interference you may fear his rejection, and yes this could happen, but by following the advice from above you are going to be less threatening and he will be more likely to cooperate.

Significant Other: Judgment – He is completely a karmic cycle, and is reaping the effects of his past choices.

The book explanation is good in this case. There may be something around him that you are not aware of that has a direct affect on this situation. Judgement suggests that he is called to answer for past actions. He has no choice but to deal with a situation, to bring a close to a matter so that a cycle can come to its final conclusion and he is free to start a new one.

Advice: Ace of Swords - The double-edged sword that cuts for good and ill.

This card is the root the element Air, it refers to thought and communication. It suggests that he needs to come clean. You need to talk, in a non-threatening, non-judgmental calm way. to encourage him to be honest about his situation so that you will know what you need to do for you and what you can do to help him (the double edged sword). With the facts on the table, informed decisions can be made. But again pleased remember to do so calmly and intelligently!

Long Term Potential: King of Cups - Kindness, helpfulness.

The long term shows that if the advice is followed then this guy will become more emotionally settled. Less likely to allow his passions or enthusiasm to control him and lead him astray. Whilst you could learn to become a calm voice in rough seas. Remember that this journey is just as important to you as it is for him.

hope this helps