Spiritual Boot Camp

• On the topic of people wanting to go somewhere, I've felt the exact opposite of going, "Home," but more the urge to just leave everything and see where my feet can take me. It's been there for.. well, a while. Long while. Not so much of an escapist feeling as much of a searching one. I want to find the spot I'm meant to call, "Home," (Which is something I will confirm that you found in the picture-reading, Captain.. along with everything else) and I'm a little too practical and level-headed to give in to the urge, which is more than probably for the better. Me? Drifting? That'd work, as long as I had a flying pig for a steed, with a sexy fairy on my shoulder!

While I don't understand the feeling to return, I can understand the feeling of wanting to be home. I say, if things seem to add up and balance out on the literal side of things, then why not do it, AriesMama? The preparation would be the easier part of the trip; the trip itself would be where you'll be worrying and fretting over everything. Once you step out of Christchurch airport, with mountain peaks and all in view, it'll be that much more relieving. I'm not sure if you have seen it in Winter, but it's definitely a must.

As for your Visas and the like, ringing an Embassy and inquiring about them and the people to attain citizenship and such would be a wise move, too; don't rely on Google/website information. Better to have someone's voice tell you whether or not they are able to, instead of a misread sentence leading you to an incorrect selection or such.

Hope the dream becomes a reality for you!

• There must be something in the air then or in the weather or in the pull of the moon because I am feeling very strongly that I want to return home too (in my case Ireland), have been for a while. The obstacles are all self-made, well apart from the financial and economical and then even the financial just a bit maybe. I think for me the trip would be the easiest part, the taking of the first step is what is so very hard for me. Up tll then my home will be here in The Netherlands. It is all about what we make of where we are. I have tried to fit in, I know lots of people, always a wave wherever we go (with 4 kids everyone knows you) but very few actual friends and I miss the social interaction I grew up with and that the Irish are so good at. You go in to the shop for bread and end up staying there for an hour discussing the weather. I miss that. I want my kids to know that there are less hectic ways of living. Someday I will take that step. Fear of the unknown.

• Ahh a fellow Celt 🙂

• If you are feeling the urge to be somewhere else, it can mean that you are not at home with yourself. When you have found your inner home and are comfortable in your own body, you can be physically at home anywhere you are. Thus the search for a place where you belong and where you are truly accepted can just be the need to accept yourself and believe in your own strength and courage to handle whatever situation or circumstances in which you find yourself. To feel safe inside means you are safe outside.

• I feel stronger every day after the year I've been through. But I get what you are saying, Captain. I feel like my son and I are becoming "home", and anywhere we go I can make that happen. I just feel so sucked-dry here. It's very draining.

I will be looking into moving though, once I get all my ducks lined up! I know it won't be overnight. I told my ex today, and he was almost trying to convince me not to do it...not sure why. I won't be raining on his parade, I have no desire to get in his way...which is why I was thinking another city - like Christchurch. Different city, different island.

• AriesMama, can you identify the source of your drained feelings where you are? It might help you in fighting it.

• It's a very cold, dry climate where we live right now, and I think that has a lot to do with it. You're shut up indoors a lot because of how cold it is as well, and you begin to get a little stir-crazy.

And I think my situation takes a lot out of me, I just want to slough it off and start anew and be on my own. I've always wanted to live abroad for an extended period of time, and perhaps this time it will be more than four months!

I also feel like I've done everything I've needed to here, to quote Madonna:

"There's only so much you can learn in one place

The more that you wait

The more time that you waste"

• Hi Captain and Bootcampers 🙂 I hope everyone is really great!! Here is another really wonderful Daily Om from today. Love and Light 🙂 GJay

Being Your Own Voice of Reason

Meaning

The meaning we assign to our experiences is a very powerful factor in determining the quality of our lives.

The meaning we assign to our experiences – whether pleasant or distressing - is a very powerful factor in determining the quality of our lives. What we imagine events to mean will color the way we feel about ourselves, about the people in our lives, and about the world at large. If we want to encourage a positive outlook, well-being, and a sense of self-confidence and even trust in the universe, we can begin by assigning more peaceful, loving meanings to what we experience.

Imagine, for example, that a friend fails to show up to a lunch date. You have choices as to what you will make this experience mean for you. You could allow being “stood up” to reinforce your feelings of unworthiness, you could begin to mentally attack your friend’s character, or you could assume that something big must have happened to cause them to miss the date — then, you might open yourself up to enjoying some relaxing time alone. If you were recently laid off and are having difficulty finding a new job, consider that you might have hidden gifts or passions that were untapped in your regular career that you are now available to explore. The universe might simply be moving you in a more fulfilling direction. If you have recently lost a loved one, gained weight, lost money, or gotten in a fight with your partner, see if you can infuse the experience with meaning that feels loving and empowering and opens a door for you to embrace life and the world a bit more.

When we begin to bring consciousness to what we are making things mean, we may be shocked at the messages we have been feeding ourselves all these years. Try taking the reigns and begin assigning a kinder meaning to the events in your life and you will likely find yourself on a much more pleasant ride.

• You hit the nail again GJay. But I am wondering how to take a positive lesson out of taking all the beatings during the last 2 weeks hubby was away, from people my hubby has promised things to, including one very verbally abusive person (whom my hubby later lightly admonished and told he should apologise for his bad behaviour then let him get back to work) and then to discover hubby spent half a day apologising to people for the changes I implemented at his command in his absence. And his being influenced by the employee so much that we have had no communication in 2 days (from him, I have tried). What is the positive message out of this. Apart from of course I learned my lesson I won't be doing that again. And that my kids are more important to me than any business rubbish. Plenty of eye openers for sure but I am still struggling with the stay positive bit. It is not as easy as it may sound.

• When you beat a piece of metal, you make it into a sword.

• "If you are feeling the urge to be somewhere else, it can mean that you are not at home with yourself. When you have found your inner home and are comfortable in your own body, you can be physically at home anywhere you are. Thus the search for a place where you belong and where you are truly accepted can just be the need to accept yourself and believe in your own strength and courage to handle whatever situation or circumstances in which you find yourself. To feel safe inside means you are safe outside. "

is this why i don't really wanna move? i mean i do, it's for the best. i'm excited about it. finishing school is the end goal. can't do it here now..... but damn i am going to miss this place. the irony in that is for the longest time i wanted to go back to where i am now going. but now that i have to, it is bittersweet. soooo many things i am going to miss. but sooo many familiar things and people i'm going back to. bittersweet...

• MELinSC, perhaps your fear past problems coming back if you return to old haunts? Or that things won't be the same the second time around? It is true that we can never go back to exactly the same situation.

• a sword tempered in the fire...like the proverb is it Chinese or Aboriginal?

I just sent an email to a school to request an appointment because my kids do not like their school, they are just not stimulated and I really have to listen to them not to myself. And I wrote - my husband is German and I am Irish and then I thought, what in the name of goodness am I doing in this country (Holland) bringing my kids up in a culture that is neither mine nor my husband's? it is not for work, our businesses are internet based and can be run from anywhere in the world. It was really like a slap in the face, a wake-up call. What am I doing? I have to change this. My hubby will be happy to hear it, he so wants to move to Ireland. Me? Fear of the unknown. But just now reality really hit me. I am going to (re) start making plans. We will not be financially at an advantage but where there is a will there is a way.

• Good luck Sheelagh. Follow your heart and the rest of your body will soon catch up 🙂

• Is this thread too long now for new people to catch up to all the stories? Should I start a Part Two for those who have wanted to join in but felt intimidated by the length of the thread?

• Good idea it is a tough job wading through all the posts looking for the exercises. And a re-cap for the rest of us is probably not a bad idea well I can only speak for myself.

Marc I love that. I can so easily visualise my heart marching off with a suitcase saying- so are you coming or not? Just like me. Thanks!

• OK I will start a part two that repeats all the exercises, and people can look back here for the previous stories if they want to.

• This thread is continued over at -

http://www.tarot.com/forum/topic.php?id=13325&replies=1

• This perfect for me right now. I would not like to dwell on the negative situations in my life and focus more on the positive and good thoughts.. I know we manifeste our thoughts .. its important not to keep thinking about what makes us feel bad.I want to make myself happy and also make others happy .. that alone makes me very happy to help people.

I don't want to worry about why someone hurt me ir acts the way they do towards me because I may never find out or understand