New Zodiac Ophiuchus: Has your sign changed?

• http://ibnlive.in.com/news/new-zodiac-ophiuchus-has-your-sign-changed/140453-3.html

If the star doctors are to be believed, there is a new Zodiac sign jostling for space with its 12 more popular brothers in the astrological chart. Say hello to Ophiuchus, Zodiac No. 13.

Ophiuchus is a rarely used astrological sign that is not included in most versions of the Zodiac calendars. It is also known as 'Serpentarius' with its dates falling between November 29 and December 17.

The Earth is currently in a different spot in relation to the Sun, and its equatorial alignment has changed from 3,000 years ago when the study of astrology began -- back when 12 zodiac signs were assigned to 12 different periods of the year. (It was discarded by the Babylonians because they wanted 12 signs per year)

Which basically means that the signs people were born under are different now because the Earth's wobble on its axis created a one-month bump in the alignment of stars.

The new sign will cover those born between Nov. 29 and Dec. 17 while Sagittarius will move into the 13 th position covering from Dec. 17 to Jan. 20.

What are Ophiuchus character traits?

Those born in Ophiuchus are said to be honest, intellectual, sexually magnetic, prone to change and jealous.

This is the chart reflecting where the stars currently are aligned:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16

Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11

Pisces: March 11- April 18

Aries: April 18- May 13

Taurus: May 13- June 21

Gemini: June 21- July 20

Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10

Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16

Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30

Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23

Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17

Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20.

I hope this has been insightful. I found it most interesting and a little exciting. I wonder what changes for astrology there will be in the future? There is a link at the top of this post that has more details.

• Ophiuchus has already been completely debunked already and has no effect on astrology. Someone needs to make a global announcement on this place... seriously...

I'm STILL an Aries. My brother is STILL a Gemini. We're not any different because someone decided to throw in an extra sign. 😕

• im not sure how legit any of it is. But if the calculations are correct, im actually a Virgo, which leaves me a little confused about my astrological character traits. I cant find enough info on the new zodiac sign to know what to believe. I've always enjoyed being a Libra... And it would take alot of effort to change and learn all about virgo now after 22 years. hmm...

• There are a lot of people who did not take this to heart. I just does not make any sense. After all these yrs now they want to chg things and make a big deal out of nothing. We are all who we started out to be, nothing change, I still have the traits of an Aqua. Nothing change.

• By the way thanks, OCain..

• I read somewhere that it doesn't affect people born before 2009.

• It doesn't affect a single person. It is as it was, is, and always has and will be. There are twelve signs and only twelve signs. This new sign will affect no one.