Can I get a reading please

• It has been several months since I have posted anything and my life was a mess. I have been through some changes but my life is still a mess. Could someone please give me a reading on what direction I am heading in. My DOB is 03/07/62.

Thank you,

Hopefully lost

• 2011 for you is a year of major change in your life. Horizons are expanded and growth is less impeded. You are likely to make a number of new friends this year as social activities are expanded. This is a year that will bring excitement and adventure and a good deal more freedom than you have experienced in recent years. This is a time for feeling loose and free; for moving away from old routines in a constructive way. If you became bogged down during 2010, now is the time to seek out new directions.

The problem with 2011 will be a tendency to scatter your energies in all directions. Your ability to do detail work is limited now and it will make you feel very confined. In all, this a free-wheeling year that is liable to bring major changes to your life; your career, your family situation, your residence. It will give you an opportunity to reap the rewards and realize the progress you've made during the last few years. Therefore, opportunities come your way to advance in various directions. The year asks for flexibility, since the universe often brings rewards in unexpected ways. In the event that you hold resistance, changes can come that will catapult you forward. There may be some amount of risk in the year, but rewards are what 2011 wishes to bring. Sometimes relationships at a distance and travel are highlighted.

Take time to acknowledge how hard you have worked the last few years. Acknowledge your perseverance, attitudes, belief changes, hard work, practice of self-love, and focus on your hopes and dreams. One way to do this could be to create a picture album of the last few years, telling the story of your life. Or you can simply make a list of events, activities, accomplishments, and realizations as you reflect. It may be time to plan a little trip for yourself this year too. It could be a simple small outing, a series of outings, or even a more extensive trip. You have earned it! Improve a room in your home so that it is more suitable for new projects that you may want to begin. Changes are evident right now. By creating a way to be more flexibility in your home and workspace, it will help you attract more opportunities. It might be time to take up a new form of movement or exercise. Find something that you feel is fun and stimulating. You might buy some new music to listen. Movement therapy and breath therapy can really help move energy and help you create the flexibility that this year calls for.

Take advantage of the many benefits the year wishes to bring. This is a wonderful time for reunions with family and friends in other areas. It's also a great time for making new friends, locally or across the globe. You could create a pen-pal, or perhaps you may find that long distant relationships with loved ones highlight the year. This is a year to expand your sense of what is possible. Often by sharing and connecting with people in other areas, or even other cultures, you expand your sense of possibility. Take a risk! Submit an idea or something you've worked on -- perhaps a creative project that you've enjoyed -- to a publication or a community based project. You are expanding your horizons to include yourself in more opportunities. Reflect on the connectedness of all things. It is said that we are only six people removed from any person on earth. Each person on our planet shares many of the same needs. Notice what connects us, and what we have all have in common. This is a wonderful way to fuel your hopes and dreams because it expands away any sense of limitation. By becoming more conscious of the inner-connection of all things, you become more open to receive.

Assess your current goals and life mission. Acknowledge what you have accomplished and what you are still working toward. Recreate your goals, reflect on how they fit in your life now, and recommit yourself to what you want to create. Next, define baby steps that may help you get there. Ask yourself where you can take some calculated risks that can open new doors. Remember to allow for miracles, and not to be too attached to each step. Allow the universe to bring you wonderful surprises.

2011 is a year where freedom, travel, communication and exploration through the senses are at the forefront. This year often indicates a change in direction, movement or a new beginning. Last year created a lot of the stability you needed to allow the freedom and the movement of 2011. It’s usually an exciting year of mental pursuits and really digging in, exploring new ideas, travelling near and far and attracting a new, fresh pool of clients and “fans”. In terms of the harvest, the tree that you’ve planted begins to blossom and it attracts many other things to it. Bees, birds, forest creatures and nutrients that allow the tree to grow are more present in your life. You may find yourself attracting new people, more opportunities, and adopting a new paradigm that will allow you to grow more effortlessly. So if your work has been sound, your soil is really rich and you made smart choices in the last few years, this is where something great might pop. Having said that, along with all of this excitement and new opportunities often comes feelings of restlessness. You may feel pulled in too many different directions and hop from idea to idea before you complete anything. You do need to be willing to take calculated risks in order to take giant steps forward, even before all of the facts are in, but at the same time you have to be careful not to run too quickly from unfinished business or you will find yourself right back where you started.

This is the time to get out of destructive interpersonal relationships as well as business relationships that offer no chance for progression. Sticking with old models or stagnant ways of doing or being is like sealing the coffin for you. You must surround yourself with people who are living life and are looking for opportunities to stretch themselves both personally and professionally. You will feel a pull to indulge your senses. Be careful not to overindulge in anything whether it be sex, food, training, drugs, or anything that leads to addiction. This will take you off your path and while seemingly pleasurable at the time, will have long term consequences. The overall lesson for this year is that with discipline comes freedom.

To sum up, 2011 for you is a time of of freedom, adventure, and expansiveness, and it is possible that you will find yourself driven by a desire to break free from your usual routine, delve into unknown areas, and reconstruct your life in a way that feels more authentic to you. This is a time for taking action, expressing yourself (particularly through writing), and finding new people, new places and new situations. Good luck!

• Dear Captain,

Thank you for the reading. I have recently ended a 30 marriage. He keeps coming over to the house to do laundry and see our grandson who lives with me. He acts like nothing has changed. We have different views as to why we split up. Can you give me some insight on how to deal with this issue please. His DOB is 04/05/60.

Thank you

Hopefullylost

• If your ex is acting like nothing has changed, then you must set him straight. If you don't want him there, then tell him so. He can always go to a laundromat and see your grandson away from the house.

But he actually likes being able to visit from time to time without it being a live-in permanent thing because he doesn't actually like to be around the same people or the same old situation all the time. He has a great intolerance for boredom and likes to escape every now and then and really let loose with some bad behaviour. It would take a lot of sobriety and hard work for him to wean himself off his self-indulgence kick. But he will probably never swear off his urge to play up. Such a life of intense highs and lows and an appetite for pleasure will all eventually take a big toll on his health (maybe it already has) but for now he is just into enjoying himself like a big silly kid. The grounding and responsibility of marriage, family and putting down roots is actually what he needs most and what would help him the most, yet it is also what he fears the most - an ordinary normal 'dull' life.

• Dear Captain,

Thank you that sounds like him. He tells me once I clear out the house (our daughter who is getting ready to have twins and her boyfriend , our son has already left) that he will come back home. But I have an issue with the fact he was seeing another woman who he is still in contact with. I am so use to him telling me what to do that it is hard to break the habit. It was hard to tell him to move out but I got sick of the lies and the cheating. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully lost.

• It seems certain that he will keep on cheating and seeing other women, even if you let him come back, so don't buy into his lies. He will always do whatever HE wants and too bad for everyone else. You are a strong person and you can manage perfectly well on your own or even find another better companion.