Need help in figuring out a virgo man!

• ok here it goes. i am a 26 yr old taurus female who met a 29 yr old virgo man in my local club 4 months ago. he was in a relationship for 5 yrs and it all ended a year and a half ago. but he has told me he is over it now and it back to himself again. he is the nicest guy i have ever met. for the first couple a months we were texting quiet a bit and would meet each other alot in the club at weeknds as he would be out with his friends and i with mine. we seemed to be getting on really well and he treated me like royalty. i never had to put a hand in my wallet when i was out with him. i went back to his house twice and we would sit and talk for ages we seemed to really connect. but we have never gone on a date where its just the two of us. i have noticed in the last month he has gone quiet and is not going out as much. i also forgot to mention he is a work aholic and with the job he is doing it will be effecting his social life for a couple of months as he has made aware to me. i had a discussion with his friend obout it and he told me that he does not know whats going on in his head right now and thinks he is in a weird place at the moment. im confused and dont know what to think. we dont text as often anymore but he will still drop in text an odd time to see how i am. my friends tell me im wasting my time on him but i really like him and would like to give him a chance. i have been reading articles on virgos and have found some interesting stuff but i could still do with some more help.